Where does all the love for Posluzny come from?

NY Nole

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

Brian Leonard. Paul Posluzny.

Great White Hopes.

How many of the these "POZ" boosters are Polish? Hmmm.....

And Shane Conlan was above average, not GREAT (I like Conlan). I'm hoping they get someone GREAT.

Not sure I get your point either...people like the guy just 'cause he's Polish?

Do they like Brady Quinn 'cause he's Irish and plays for Notre Dame? Are all the (former) McGahee lovers African-American?

I like the guy 'cause he fits in with the Bills' philosophy of choosing players with great talent, high character, and a superior work-ethic - players come to work every day, practice hard and play hard - players who give their all on every down (and actually know what down it is), don't blow their own horn, and don't embarass their team or their fans.

(Of course, the fact that he's Polish is a great bonus! :nana: )

Posluszny!!!! :nana:

Posluszny is NOT an inside 'backer. He belongs on the outside. Other than that, you're right. Why should we like a 2-time Bednarik Award winner, that despite that injury, was still the best defensive player in the NCAA last year and had no drop off in stats? :nana:

You cant be serious. From your logic you are saying Troy Smith would be a great pick because he won the Heisman. And by the way i dont know what favor Joe Pa cashed in but there is no way Puz was better than Hawk, no friggin way. He is way overhyped. Buster Davis was the best defensive player last year in the NCAA next to Reggie Nelson.

Don't get me wrong -- I wouldn't mind if the Bills drafted this kid in the 2nd or 3rd round -- but I just haven't seen how posters can justify taking him with the 12th pick - or even in the 1rst round for that matter. Thoughts????

He is a Polish kid, what more needs to be said? That alone automatically moves him up 5-7 draft spots....Have you even been to Buffalo?

He is a Polish kid, what more needs to be said? That alone automatically moves him up 5-7 draft spots....Have you even been to Buffalo?

I'm Polish and I don't want him in the 1st round.

great if he's there in the 2nd - but I wouldn't be making him the focus of my D.

You cant be serious. From your logic you are saying Troy Smith would be a great pick because he won the Heisman. And by the way i dont know what favor Joe Pa cashed in but there is no way Puz was better than Hawk, no friggin way. He is way overhyped. Buster Davis was the best defensive player last year in the NCAA next to Reggie Nelson.

Heck, I don't even think Posluszny is the best defensive player on his own team. That honor goes to Joe Cianciolo. Joe Pa didn't like him, so he put Posluszny in there, becasue he knew it would be easier to cash in favors so that Puz could get awards he didn't deserve, like 2 Bednariks and the Butkus award he stole last year. Joey C wuz robbed!

As for who the best defensive player was last year, that's a toughie. It could be Ryan Smith of Florida. I hear the coaches screwed w/ him scheme-wise, which is why he only had 8 INTs last year instead of the 19 he should've had. Nelson only had 6 INTs, and he was Urban Meyer's boy. I hear ol' Urban cashed in some favors so that Reggie would get all of the hype over Ryan. What a shame.

I really don't have anything against this kid, and, he may turn into a good/decent player in the NFL -- but his senior year wasn't as good as his junior year and Seminoles fans know what happened to him in his junior year - (severe knee injury in the orange bowl).

I guess I just want to know why so many people on TBD are so into this kid -- is it because you live in the northeast and have been exposed to him more? Is it because he has a name that you know? Is it because the so-called "experts" are into him? Just wondering.

I, personally, do not believe he is better than Patrick Willis and some have suggested he is not even the 2nd best ILB (David Harris-Michigan). I think Buster Davis may even make a better pro LB -- ala London Fletcher.

Don't get me wrong -- I wouldn't mind if the Bills drafted this kid in the 2nd or 3rd round -- but I just haven't seen how posters can justify taking him with the 12th pick - or even in the 1rst round for that matter. Thoughts????

Poluszny was recovering from a knee injury he suffered in the bowl game from the previous season- he also wasn't very comfortable in a 3-4. He's a very high character player from a very high character program, and he can play any LB position in our defense. He is clearly the best LB in the draft

Poluszny was recovering from a knee injury he suffered in the bowl game from the previous season- he also wasn't very comfortable in a 3-4. He's a very high character player from a very high character program, and he can play any LB position in our defense. He is clearly the best LB in the draft

he may have been before the injury.

but not now.

hope he falls to the 2nd round

Poz may turn out to be a good choice, but I'm worried about taking him in the 1st round from the school known as "First Round Bust U".

Yep. I vividly remember all of those first round busts PSU had @ RB, like Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis, and especially KJ. That last first round bust they had particularly convinced me.

Yep. I vividly remember all of those first round busts PSU had @ RB, like Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis, and especially KJ. That last first round bust they had particularly convinced me.

I'll add Courtney Brown + LaVar Arrington to the "Bust List" ... I could go on, but I don't want the PSU crowd to get their panties in a wad.

there's alot of Penn State homers in the crowd (myself included)

i wouldn't feel bad if we came away from the draft with Poz, Hunt, and Shaw :nana:

There sure are

HIGH CHARACTER PROGRAM!!BVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!!!!

Ok, because when I think: Courtney Brown, LaVar Arrington & Larry Johnson "high character" is exactly what comes to mind....oh wait.....damnit

I'll add Courtney Brown + LaVar Arrington to the "Bust List" ... I could go on, but I don't want the PSU crowd to get their panties in a wad.

Courtney Brown? Probably. A 3 time Pro Bowl LB a "bust"? Nah. You can say he didn't live up to his hype, but to me, a bust is someone who did absolutely nothing @ the next level. Arrington doesn't meet that criteria. Tony Mandarich was a bust, as was Brian Bosworth, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith, among others.

Courtney Brown? Probably. A 3 time Pro Bowl LB a "bust"? Nah. You can say he didn't live up to his hype, but to me, a bust is someone who did absolutely nothing @ the next level. Arrington doesn't meet that criteria. Tony Mandarich was a bust, as was Brian Bosworth, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith, among others.

Re Brown, I will say one thing -- in the first 3 or so games of 2001, he looked like one of the best defensive ends I've ever saw. Of course, he hurt his knee then, and that was pretty much all she wrote. The point is, the guy was going to be good if not for injuries. And as for the "injury prone" critique, everyone in the NFL is injury prone. Some are just more unlucky than others. It's not as if Brown was ever hurt during his college career.

"Bust" is a hard term for me to get used to. Was Ki-Jana Carter a bust? I'd say no - he was injured, which can happen to anyone in the NFL. Real busts are guys who don't get injured yet still don't play well despite being drafted high (Blair Thomas, Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Mike Williams, Walt Patulski).

a bust is someone who did absolutely nothing @ the next level. Arrington doesn't meet that criteria.

For being picked as high as he was, he definitely hasn't lived up to expectations. His character issues put him in the "Bust" category as far as I'm concerned.

For being picked as high as he was, he definitely hasn't lived up to expectations. His character issues put him in the "Bust" category as far as I'm concerned.

Character issues? Like what? Not getting along with Gregg Williams (yet getting along just fine with Marty S)?

He was a helluva player for a handful of seasons, and as I say above, injuries don't count toward bustdom.

Good point, David.

I dislike the term "bust" in general. It goes back to people saying Ralph Sampson was a "bust" when he played basketball. He wasn't a phenomenal player, but was an All Star, an All Star MVP, and got his team to the NBA Finals. A disappointment to the level of his hype (he was a college player of the year twice)? Yes. A bust? No.

Same applies here.

Character issues? Like what? Not getting along with Gregg Williams (yet getting along just fine with Marty S)?

He was a helluva player for a handful of seasons, and as I say above, injuries don't count toward bustdom.

It wasn't that he didn't get along with Williams ... he refused to play in his system. I'd say that is being a selfish player/teammate. When you don't take care of your assignments, you hurt everyone else on the unit. High character players don't do that.

It wasn't that he didn't get along with Williams ... he refused to play in his system. I'd say that is being a selfish player/teammate. When you don't take care of your assignments, you hurt everyone else on the unit. High character players don't do that.

High character players don't also nearly behead people. So, by that logic, if TMEP had just had a couple 1,000 yard rushing seasons and never would've had the 2,000 yard season, he'd be a "bust" too, huh?