Where does all the love for Posluzny come from?

NY Nole

I really don't have anything against this kid, and, he may turn into a good/decent player in the NFL -- but his senior year wasn't as good as his junior year and Seminoles fans know what happened to him in his junior year - (severe knee injury in the orange bowl).

I guess I just want to know why so many people on TBD are so into this kid -- is it because you live in the northeast and have been exposed to him more? Is it because he has a name that you know? Is it because the so-called "experts" are into him? Just wondering.

I, personally, do not believe he is better than Patrick Willis and some have suggested he is not even the 2nd best ILB (David Harris-Michigan). I think Buster Davis may even make a better pro LB -- ala London Fletcher.

Don't get me wrong -- I wouldn't mind if the Bills drafted this kid in the 2nd or 3rd round -- but I just haven't seen how posters can justify taking him with the 12th pick - or even in the 1rst round for that matter. Thoughts????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, personally, do not believe he is better than Patrick Willis and some have suggested he is not even the 2nd best ILB (David Harris-Michigan). I think Buster Davis may even make a better pro LB -- ala London Fletcher.

Posluszny is NOT an inside 'backer. He belongs on the outside. Other than that, you're right. Why should we like a 2-time Bednarik Award winner, that despite that injury, was still the best defensive player in the NCAA last year and had no drop off in stats? :thumbdown:

People here think he is the second coming of Shane Conlan and Marv loves high character white boys.

Exactly.

Brian Leonard. Paul Posluzny.

Great White Hopes.

How many of the these "POZ" boosters are Polish? Hmmm.....

And Shane Conlan was above average, not GREAT (I like Conlan). I'm hoping they get someone GREAT.

Exactly.

Great White Hopes.

And Shane Conlan was above average, not GREAT (I like Conlan). I'm hoping they get someone GREAT.

What are you suggesting? Don't draft any white guys? I can't grasp the concept of your post.

For the record... (From their campus workouts)

Posluszny: 4.67 in the 40-yard dash … 375-pound bench press … 560-pound squat … 335-pound power clean … 31-inch vertical jump

Willis: 4.62 in the 40-yard dash … 365-pound bench press … 500-pound squat … 310-pound power clean … 38-inch vertical jump.

Exactly.

Great White Hopes.

Yeah... it's kinda like the midgets in here who liked Lil' Antoine more than Nate.

What are you suggesting? Don't draft any white guys? I can't grasp the concept of your post.

Posluszny: 4.67 in the 40-yard dash … 375-pound bench press … 560-pound squat … 335-pound power clean … 31-inch vertical jump

Willis: 4.62 in the 40-yard dash … 365-pound bench press … 500-pound squat … 310-pound power clean … 38-inch vertical jump.

Your numbers are wrong for both of them I believe. Willis ran a 4.38 and 4.39 during campus workouts and Poz ran a 4.62 and 4.58,both players ran better than expected.

Your numbers are wrong for both of them I believe. Willis ran a 4.38 and 4.39 during campus workouts and Poz ran a 4.62 and 4.58,both players ran better than expected.

The numbers I posted are correct, but from a while back while on campus. You are referring to the pro day numbers, which are more recent and definitely helped each player, mainly Willis. Thanks for the updated times.

No,No,No

"Poz" might be great I don't really know, but I do know people have a tendency to root for people that they think they see some of themselves in. Every short guy in town LOVED Doug Flutie, every East Indian is voting for Sanjaya, and every fat guy rents Ron Jeremy videos......it's universal. It just clouds their judgement thats all.

No,No,No

"Poz" might be great I don't really know, but I do know people have a tendency to root for people that they think they see some of themselves in. Every short guy in town LOVED Doug Flutie, every East Indian is voting for Sanjaya, and every fat guy rents Ron Jeremy videos......it's universal. It just clouds their judgement thats all.

Good points. I just didn't comprehend that from your first post. I think Poz will be a decent NFL starter, but taking him at 12 would be a mistake.

I like POZ because I am a PSU fan. He was part of a team that brought back that program from the Big 10 (11) basement, so I respect him for the role he played on that team. That being sad, I don't know if he is a top 12 talent, but he plays hard and trains hard. I think people in Buffalo like him for his work ethic and "high character," which makes him that anti-Willis (the RB not the LB).

Posluszny is NOT an inside 'backer. He belongs on the outside. Other than that, you're right. Why should we like a 2-time Bednarik Award winner, that despite that injury, was still the best defensive player in the NCAA last year and had no drop off in stats? :thumbdown:

I do appreciate your feedback but....here is some info that I came across from nfl.com:

40 time: 4.58 (Pro Day), 4.7 combine - Decent pro day, but not eye popping for an OLB - considering Willis' numbers

Scouting Report info:

Needs to add more bulk to his frame to prevent bigger blockers from washing him out of the play (frame is better suited for middle linebacker than on the outside). Many compare Posluszny to Green Bay's A.J. Hawk, but Posluszny lacks the power and play-making ability of Hawk … However, a move to middle linebacker late in his career could see him find a home there … He is more effective on the bull rush than coming off the edge … He just did not seem as effective in pass coverage playing on the outside in 2006 as he did in the past

I like POZ because I am a PSU fan. He was part of a team that brought back that program from the Big 10 (11) basement, so I respect him for the role he played on that team. That being sad, I don't know if he is a top 12 talent, but he plays hard and trains hard. I think people in Buffalo like him for his work ethic and "high character," which makes him that anti-Willis (the RB not the LB).

Yeah, but that's part of what is clouding peoples perception. They are still over reacting to Willis. Don't let that fool mess with your real focus. Things like "I don't want another player from a glamourous college or state, they aren't Buffalo guys". I see posts like that.

Fools

No,No,No

Great post.

I think Poz could be a great Bill, but not at #12. If Willis goes #11, I could see us grabbing one of the running backs and trading up and getting Poz with our second pick.

By the way, I think we will definitely trade up. Our first two needs greatly exceed our depth needs. Getting a better second pick is worth much more than having a fourth day 1 pick.

Cause Pos is a hight motor guy who plays hard very down. I would love him on our team. The guy doesn't have "quit" in his volcabulary.

And we would be back to having a LB making lots of tackles 10 yards downfield.

no thanks

Pos would fit better as an inside LB in a 3-4, not an outside LB in a cover-2.

Cover 2 needs speed.

Willis has both speed and instincts and log arms for pass coverage.

and he plays MLB