Grade the Bills trade for Walker

It's a very good trade for the Eagles. Spikes is either going to be pretty decent, and not required to dominate, or if he returns he could put that defense over the top. Holcomb is an upgrade at #2 from AJ Feeley and if ever there was a team that can use a player good at dumping the ball off to backs it's the Eagles. They didnt need Walker the way we do with two #1's at DT, plus a FA acquisition and a Kyle Williams-esque low round draft choice that they like.

For us, it fills a need at DT and creates a big hole at OLB.

It's a hole we may have had anyway. If the Bills weren't convinced Spikes was going to be the MAN this year, they had to plan for his replacement.

They had a maybe hole at DT and a maybe hole at OLB. Now, DT is pretty much set and they have a hole at LB. It helped to fill one "possibly" needed hole and focus the need on LB...which we now NEED to fill.

Given what's likely to be available in the draft, it's genius.

B+ because the pick we have next year is conditional upon Spikes' performance, smart move. Walker is a great pash rusher and an intelligent guy. I never even saw this coming. I am starting to BELIEVE in Marv. Don't rain on my parada with that "wait til the season starts" crap. I hate waiting this long without a fun alternative. Don't care about baseball and I miss football!

ndirish....if you have been reading my posts the last 2 days you would have saw it coming....I actually expected this before I got home from the gym and yep....it happened.

The bills had been inquiring about Darwin.....the eagles had been inquiring about Takeo

Where I was off is I was expecting a straight across trade......but we actually got something for Holcomb who I expected we were flat out going to release.....

This move was a fricken A

I don't know - in terms of our biggest need - stopping the run. This doesn't do anything. Walker is a journeyman. Depth perhaps. But a great trade? We'll have to wait and see.

how exactly is walker a journeymDarwin Walker #97 | Defensive tackle | Buffalo Bills Roster: Select Player Aiken, Sam Anderson, Tim Butler, Brad Chambers, Kirk Cieslak, Brad Crowell, Angelo Denney, Ryan DiGiorgio, John Dockery, Derrick Ellison, Keith Evans, Lee Everett, Kevin Fowler, Melvin Greer, Jabari Haggan, Mario Hargrove, Anthony Jefferson, Jason Kelsay, Chris Leonhard, Jim Lindell, Rian Losman, J.P. Manning, Roy McCargo, John McGee, Terrence Merz, Aaron Moorman, Brian Murphy, Matt Nall, Craig Neufeld, Ryan Parrish, Roscoe Pennington, Terrance Peters, Jason Powell, Eric Preston, Duke Price, Peerless Reed, Josh Royal, Robert Schneck, Mike Schobel, Aaron Simpson, Ko Stamer, Josh Thomas, Anthony Thomas, Kiwaukee Tripplett, Larry Walker, Darwin Walker, Langston Whitner, Donte Whittle, Jason Williams, Kyle Williams, Shaud Wilson, George Wire, Coy Youboty, Ashton

Height: 6-3 Weight: 294

Born: Jun 15, 1977 - Walterboro, SC

College: Tennessee

Draft: 2000 - 3rd round (9th pick) by the Arizona Cardinals

Tackles FFum Sacks

36 1 6.0

Career Stats

Career Stats

Career Stats Tackles Sacks Interceptions Misc

Season Team G Solo Ast Total Sack YdsL Int Yds IntTD DefTD FFum PD Sfty

2001 Philadelphia 10 4 1 5 1.0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

2002 Philadelphia 16 29 6 35 7.5 43 0 0 0 0 2 2 0

2003 Philadelphia 16 35 7 42 6.0 31 0 0 0 0 0 5 0

2004 Philadelphia 16 22 7 29 4.5 20 0 0 0 0 1 3 0

2005 Philadelphia 13 21 4 25 2.5 31 0 0 0 0 1 0 0

2006 Philadelphia 16 27 9 36 6.0 55 1 6 0 0 1 4 0

Career 87 138 34

an? he was drafted in the 3rd round by arizona but didn't play till 2001 from 2001 till present he has been a eagle.

Right. I said it in other posts I think we saved about 4 million in cash. I hope they use that to sign another player like Chris Brown but I am not convinced they are going to use it as much as save it. Perhaps this revenue sharing thing will help.

Also, the more I read about Walker, especially from visiting a couple Eagles sites, is that he may be a perfect fit for the Bills and what they ask of him. Most Eagles fans are saying that he is only good for half a game, and wears down, that if you only need him for that he is much better. They also say, almost to a man, that he is very good at breaking through the line but isn't good at holding his own in the run game at the LOS. But we aren't going to ask him to do that. We are going to ask him to go balls out every play and bust through the line. He could play very well in a rotation of doing just that.

I love Takeo but take away his name for a minute.

Do you want a DT who is a year younger, had 6 sacks, 3 pass defended, and 1 INT who has missed 3 games in 5 years

or a LB coming off an injury that has ended many careers, had 70 tackles and 1 sack and 1 FF?

Personally, I think you go all day with the DT. I was thinkingthat I wanted Spikes back even if it was for leadership. However, the Bills got a need filled instead of rolling the dice on Spikes. DTs also have longer lifespans than LBs. I wish Spikes all the best adn wish he need had his injury. He would have retired as a great and had his name on the Wall.

But the fact of the matter is the Spikes we traded isn't the Spikes from 2004. I'll root for him but the odds are stacked against him.

I love Takeo but take away his name for a minute.

Do you want a DT who is a year younger, had 6 sacks, 3 pass defended, and 1 INT who has missed 3 games in 5 years

or a LB coming off an injury that has ended many careers, had 70 tackles and 1 sack and 1 FF?

Personally, I think you go all day with the DT. I was thinkingthat I wanted Spikes back even if it was for leadership. However, the Bills got a need filled instead of rolling the dice on Spikes. DTs also have longer lifespans than LBs. I wish Spikes all the best adn wish he need had his injury. He would have retired as a great and had his name on the Wall.

But the fact of the matter is the Spikes we traded isn't the Spikes from 2004. I'll root for him but the odds are stacked against him.

It's pretty pointless to just look at stats. And obviously you have to take into consideration that Spikes missed several games and wasn't healthy the entire year. We surely couldnt count on him, but there is probably a 50-50 chance of him becoming either Sam Cowart or Julian Peterson. If he didn't have the non achilles injuries last year it may have been a completely different ballgame.

We surely couldnt count on him, but there is probably a 50-50 chance of him becoming either Sam Cowart or Julian Peterson.

TKO was very special but he is closer in age to Cowart than Petersen... that tips the 50-50 for me. This deal isn't a steal but it is

unexpectedly welcome.

This Walker fellow probably can't wrestle Krumrie as well as Tim Anderson can but he has to be a big upgrade in that DL rotation. Grade A.

But we have stud players like Crowell and Ellison who can take over. You know Ellison is just like Crowell. He shined near the end of the season like Crowell did 2 years ago after Spikes got hurt.

Studs? there you go again!!

Neither have ever been classifed as studs.

Can I have a slice of your pie in the sky?

From what I read on many Philly boards, Walker is not an Adams type stay at home plug the hole DT. He is a pennetrating, in the backfield type player the Bills are looking for. Kelly fits in well as a west coast QB. I think he will be much better than Feely for them as a backup. If TKO gets back to where he was before the injury the Eagles got the best of the deal by far as they need him even more than than we need a DT. If TKO plays like he did the last couple games last year, I think this is one of those rare trades where both teams benefit equally.

From what I read on many Philly boards, Walker is not an Adams type stay at home plug the hole DT. He is a pennetrating, in the backfield type player the Bills are looking for. Kelly fits in well as a west coast QB. I think he will be much better than Feely for them as a backup. If TKO gets back to where he was before the injury the Eagles got the best of the deal by far as they need him even more than than we need a DT. If TKO plays like he did the last couple games last year, I think this is one of those rare trades where both teams benefit equally.

Adams was, and wanted to be, a penetrating tackle. That was his beef with the coaches. They wanted him to stay at home and he wanted to get into the backfield. PW was a true clog-up the middle guy.

Draft: 2000 - 3rd round (9th pick) by the Arizona Cardinals

an? he was drafted in the 3rd round by arizona but didn't play till 2001 from 2001 till present he has been a eagle.

what was the deal with him going from Arizona to Philly?

was he traded or cut? anyone know?

the Bills might have come to the conclusion that Okoye wasn't going to be available at #12, and didn't think he was worth giving up later picks to trade up for.

I really like this trade even though, just like the trade with Willis, it does create another whole to fill.

Which means the Bills are going to have to have a near perfect draft....with no misses and no reaches.

where is the new hole?

they already concluded Spikes was not the answer in their defense.

Just having a name on a roster does not change that fact.

Bills will draft Willis.