Draft Day Priorites

well, with the subtraction of Spikes and the addition of Walker i think they are pretty obvious now:

1. LB

2. RB

3. CB

4. WR/DT/TE

i think we sit at 12 and if Willis falls to us we grab him. If he is gone and Lynch is still there, we grab Lynch. then possible trade back into the late 1st and grab our Poz/Harris/Whoever. and get a CB with our last pick.

frankly though, im now completely off drafting Lynch at 12 since we will most likely HAVE to trade back up to get a LB at the calibur we require. and that means we lose a 1st day pick. and i think given ATrain and our RB-by-committee, we are ok with getting a RB in the 2nd. then use the 2 3rds on best CB/WR/TE (in that order of priority)...

I still think we're set at CB. Agree to disagree I guess. Youboty will replace Clements. Yeah hes raw but we run the cover 2 and shutdown corners aren't necessary. Late round CB. I would rather have a legit #2 WR.

we only currently have 4 CBs on the roster. we are not set. we may be ok with guys who will start, but 1. they can definitely be upgraded and 2. what if someone gets injured? going into training camp with 4 CBs?... thats barely a dime package. we need at LEAST one more, if not 2, to head into camp with. and to have around in case of injury.

like i said:

LB in the 1st

RB in the 2nd

WR and CB in the 3rd.

i could de-prioritize DT now. but if one is around that we like, i wont be upset if we take one.

I still think we're set at CB. Agree to disagree I guess. Youboty will replace Clements. Yeah hes raw but we run the cover 2 and shutdown corners aren't necessary. Late round CB. I would rather have a legit #2 WR.

I agree needing a #2 WR but outside of Marques Colston, Randy Moss, Torry Holt and Terry Glenn very rarely do WRs make impacts as rookies.

well, with the subtraction of Spikes and the addition of Walker i think they are pretty obvious now:

1. LB

2. RB

3. CB

4. WR/DT/TE

i think we sit at 12 and if Willis falls to us we grab him. If he is gone and Lynch is still there, we grab Lynch. then possible trade back into the late 1st and grab our Poz/Harris/Whoever. and get a CB with our last pick.

frankly though, im now completely off drafting Lynch at 12 since we will most likely HAVE to trade back up to get a LB at the calibur we require. and that means we lose a 1st day pick. and i think given ATrain and our RB-by-committee, we are ok with getting a RB in the 2nd. then use the 2 3rds on best CB/WR/TE (in that order of priority)...

Bills will trade up with Houston to get Willis at #10. He is the one and only must have in this draft.

They'll take a a RB & CB in 3rd round.

Could be another LB in round 2 or a WR if one drops.

"LB in the 1st

RB in the 2nd

WR and CB in the 3rd."

No way, we need 2 LBs badly, at this point Coy Wire is starting for us and is our best backup

2 "first day" LBs though?? i dont completely disagree, and if we walked away from day one with Willis, Puz and an RB i guess id be happy...

One LB in Poz or Willis (wont be there IMO) would be great.

But two? No way.

I'm one of firm belief that Ellison is going to be a star in this Cover 2 defense. Look how good he played when he was just thrown out there. Very good tackler,smart and has speed. Not to mention the guy can get up in the air. That pick against Miami was sweet. Something you need your LBs to have in the Cover 2.

I would say that the draft priorities are:

1) RB/MLB

2) CB

3) WR/RG/C/OLB

4) Everything else

The order in which the Bills choose to address those needs is anyone's guess. My expectation is that their draft will look something like this:

1) RB or WR

2) MLB

3) RB or WR; whichever wasn't selected in R1

3) CB

4) OLB

Bills will trade up with Houston to get Willis at #10. He is the one and only must have in this draft.

They'll take a a RB & CB in 3rd round.

Could be another LB in round 2 or a WR if one drops.

What exactly are you proposing the Bills give up in order to move up in the 1st round?

What exactly are you proposing the Bills give up in order to move up in the 1st round?

i think it would only take a 3rd to move up 2 spots. especially since Houston just gave away all their picks and are probably a little desperate.

but that means we only have 3 picks. so id say we go LB, RB, CB in that order...

Unless when we get to our 2nd pick, Peterson and Lynch are the only RBs to have gone, then we might pick a CB if there is one we like, and wait until the 3rd to see what RBs are there...