Cool, but I don't know a lot about Walker

Person-- a new daddy with his wife: http://www.darwinwalker.com/

Scouts, Inc. Assessment

Walker is quick, active and experienced. He is somewhat versatile. He has played three-technique and nose tackle. He is at his best using his first-step quickness and hitting gaps. He reads quickly and gets good jumps on plays. He is tough to block when slanted into gaps. He can get sideways, make himself skinny and give linemen little surface to block. He can play laterally and has the quickness to get down the line and make plays. He uses his hands well to keep blockers off his lower body. He is a solid wrap-up tackler who strikes with force. But Walker is aging and coming off an injury-plagued 2005. He isn't a power player. He isn't physical at the point of attack and doesn't split double-team blocks effectively. He won't stack, shed and make tackles in the hole. He has lost some pass-rushing ability. He no longer gets on the edges quickly. He doesn't counter effectively when he gets tied up.

Stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187671

Comment:

Walker is quick, active and experienced. He is somewhat versatile. He has played three-technique and nose tackle. He is at his best using his first-step quickness and hitting gaps. He reads quickly and gets good jumps on plays. He is tough to block when slanted into gaps. He can get sideways, make himself skinny and give linemen little surface to block. He can play laterally and has the quickness to get down the line and make plays. He uses his hands well to keep blockers off his lower body. He is a solid wrap-up tackler who strikes with force. But Walker is aging and coming off an injury-plagued 2005. He isn't a power player. He isn't physical at the point of attack and doesn't split double-team blocks effectively. He won't stack, shed and make tackles in the hole. He has lost some pass-rushing ability. He no longer gets on the edges quickly. He doesn't counter effectively when he gets tied up.

Comment:

Same thing posted twice. He beat you to it.

Comment:

Brains. I like brains. And so does Marv.

http://www.darwinwalker.com/business.htm

Comment:

That's kind of funny as it seems to come before the 2006 season, and says he lost some of his pass rush ability. And then he had his best year with sacks (six) including three in one game against the Cowboys and two in the playoffs.

I guess we are both waisting our money on the Insider because we can get it here for free :worthy:....

Yeah but I love ESPN the Magazine <_<

We both get jailed for posting proprietary material...hee hee

I think the Bills also saved about four million in cash on the trade.

Spikes was due 4.5 mil

Holcomb was due about 1.75 mil.

Walker is due about 1.3 mil.

Walker is also signed for next year, too, at 1.8 mil.

Nice...I think we fill one more need before the draft with the extra cash...do you think cash to the cap still applies after revenue sharing?

This is like an NBA trade--salary dumping..

Nice...I think we fill one more need before the draft with the extra cash...do you think cash to the cap still applies after revenue sharing?

This is like an NBA trade--salary dumping..

Unfortunately, I do. But that is just guessing. I still think a Chris Brown kind of RB signing is likely.

Unfortunately, I do. But that is just guessing. I still think a Chris Brown kind of RB signing is likely.

I think RB is the most likely...I guess we weren't all that enamored with Okoye or Branch

Ya'll should read his some of his business bio on his website. He has a degree in civil engineering and owned his own enginnering/construction firm before it was bought out. The company that bought him out then made him a VP and Chief Development Officer.

I didn't know he came from Walker Construction in Walterboro, SC. If ya'll remember the movie Radio, that's either where he's from or where they shot the movie, I can't remember between the two.

He sounds like a real smart dude.

I think RB is the most likely...I guess we weren't all that enamored with Okoye or Branch

Well the thing I liked about the acquisition of Walker is that DT was a huge need going into the draft. Now, we are not forced to use a #1 or #2 on one, and having Walker for two years will allow us to move McCargo and Williams along, and get rid of the abortion known as Tim Anderson (unless they keep him as a #5). But it also still leaves the door open to draft Okoye or Branch if they fall, and if that happens, a huge question mark or weakness on the team suddenly becomes a strength.

Ya'll should read his some of his business bio on his website. He has a degree in civil engineering and owned his own enginnering/construction firm before it was bought out. The company that bought him out then made him a VP and Chief Development Officer.

I didn't know he came from Walker Construction in Walterboro, SC. If ya'll remember the movie Radio, that's either where he's from or where they shot the movie, I can't remember between the two.

He sounds like a real smart dude.

And his wife has an MBA from Wharton as well.....

Well the thing I liked about the acquisition of Walker is that DT was a huge need going into the draft. Now, we are not forced to use a #1 or #2 on one, and having Walker for two years will allow us to move McCargo and Williams along, and get rid of the abortion known as Tim Anderson (unless they keep him as a #5). But it also still leaves the door open to draft Okoye or Branch if they fall, and if that happens, a huge question mark or weakness on the team suddenly becomes a strength.

All good points Kelly...just like the OL -- overload and win the line battle on both sides of the ball. We have lots of flexibility now--

Look at our needs..

RB -- a share the load guy with Thomas

SAM LB- need a starter here

CB-someone who can compete for field time this year as a starter or dime

3rd QB

FB-Fairchild likes more of an H -- so Cieslak can fit the bill -- but I really like Brian Leonard and Jason Snelling

MLB or WLB-need to reload the position

Maybe we bring in Joey Harrington at vet min....didn't we have a poster who was obsessed with Harrington during that draft..

My question before we say the Bills are geniuses is this: Why was Walker available? Great salary dump though.

From NFC team reports: Roster tweaking continues

By signing Montae Reagor, the team has depth at defensive tackle and another player to use in the rotation. Reagor is undersized but has good quickness and was as a good pass rusher before a car accident left him out for the 2006 season with a severe eye injury. coaches are confident that Reagor is healthy and will provide a good No. 3 tackle, especially on passing downs. That could mean the departure of either Sam Rayburn or Darwin Walker, both of whom the team is actively trying to trade.