Is there a better 1970s band than the Ramones?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scientists to this day have yet to prove it is possible to play Iggy Pop's "You're Pretty Face Is Going to Hell" too loudly or too often.

Spiro Gyra

IGGY !!!

And dear God, Spiro Gyra ? Why not Weather Report while you're at it...

We are in complete agreement on this subject, Joseph. You could make the case that the Ramones were/are the greatest Rock and Roll band of all time. They were equally as proficient in cranking out pop masterpieces as the Beatles, and did it for a far longer period of time.

I knew I could count on Coli to bring a sane, rational point of view to this discussion.

I can't believe someone actually claimed the BEE GEES were a better band. Excuse me while I go throw up.

I disagree with this. KISS never claimed to be a good band. They were entertainers and to this day you would be hard pressed to find a group that puts on a better live show. I've seen them probably 10 times and loved every show.

I always thought you were a little odd.

I disagree with this. KISS never claimed to be a good band. They were entertainers and to this day you would be hard pressed to find a group that puts on a better live show. I've seen them probably 10 times and loved every show.

The claimed to be from outer space, and kicked Abner Devereaux's ass in Phantom of the Park.

They were superheroes first.

Don't ask, don't tell.

Seriously.

Starland Vocal Band

You got that right. What guy hasn't looked into their his lover's eyes

and said:

Rubbing sticks and stones together makes the sparks ignite

And the thought of rubbing you is getting so exciting.

This coming from a guy who always represents himself with an avatar sporting a "phallic" shaped object coming out of his mouth. :wallbash:

I swear the pipe is NOT penis flavored. Honest. :(

This is true, they were a stage show first, musicians second

And still way better then the Ramones

Atleast the members of kiss could play their instruments, Heck, I'll put the Monkeys as more talented musicians over the Ramones. I heard they couldn't even play and sing at the same time.

Punk music is the lowest form of music, even modern pop and hip hop takes more talent then Punk. If you can make loud noises and yell about the government and promote anarchy, you could be in a punk band. It takes 0 talent. The Ramones, the Sex Pistols, all 0 talent waste of airwaves

My wife used to listen to them all the freaking time.

"uuuunfaithful servant..."

Listening to those guys makes ya want to eat a bullet. Every song's kind of whiny.

Life Is a Carnival (two bits a shot)

Up On Cripple Creek (a drunkard's dream if I ever did see one)

Rag Mama Rag (we could be relaxing in my sleeping bag)

Lookout Cleveland (Bye-bye, baby, don't cha lie so still)

WS Wolcott's Medicine Show (I'd rather die happy than not die at all)

I think it was probably Richard Manuel's haunting falsetto that probably scratched your ears! :wallbash:

The "folkies" booed them for playing rock and roll.

It could be argued that "folk-rock" was invented by Bob Dylan and The Band.

Remind me to bring a few CDs and a bullet to the tailgate. ;)

BTW: I liked the Ramones too!