Is there a better 1970s band than the Ramones?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in complete agreement on this subject, Joseph. You could make the case that the Ramones were/are the greatest Rock and Roll band of all time. They were equally as proficient in cranking out pop masterpieces as the Beatles, and did it for a far longer period of time.

For THIS you crawl out of your hole?

:worthy:

I'll give you those.

Maybe not the Allmans unless you've got some funny mushrooms.

I think the 'shrooms would be better for Tull. I think they give you locomotive breath. :worthy:

EARLY Allman Brother (Live at the Fillmore) was just good blues/rock. No additives needed.

You don't like Jethro Tull?!

Thats it, I don't know you anymore.

:grin:

Oh, and The Band was awesome.

The subject was about bands, not individuals. Even so, David Bowie and Bruce Springsteen were both way better than Jethro Tull. You could even argue Peter Gabriel but he spent part of the time with Genesis.

honest, didn't read it. If I HAD, I would have bitched about you putting Steely Dan next to the totally annoying Supertramp (although Supertramp was better than the Ramones).

Not Supertramp of Crime of the Century, probably one of the more underrated albums.

Three pages, and not one reference to the greatest band of the '70s: Boston.

What, are you people deaf?

You would have more credibility if you were actually referring to the Bad Boys of Boston and not the crappy band known as Boston.

The subject was about bands, not individuals. Even so, David Bowie and Bruce Springsteen were both way better than Jethro Tull. You could even argue Peter Gabriel but he spent part of the time with Genesis.

Would you not agree that Led Zeppelin was a way better solo musician than any of em?

I'm thinking this could make for one hazy corner of the parking lot at RWS

I drove in through nazareth, was feelin bout half past dead. Just need some place where I could lay my head. Hey mister can ya tell me where a man might find a bed?