Don't be surprised if the Bills Get Two First Round Picks

With the trade of Spikes immanent, it looks like the Bills will have at least three third round picks to work with this year and a possible extra fourth or fifth. Buffalo may as they did last year use these thirds and possibly a second from next year to move up into the first round. With Willis probably going before Buffalo picks and the possibility that Akoye, Peterson, and Lynch could be left on the board, the Bills may end up taking a D tackle, RB and or CB in the first.

There is a lot of depth at LB in this draft and even though there will be 3 taken in the first round, there are many other good ones that will be left in second and third. Buster Davis is one LB who looked better than Willis in the senior bowl and who could be a better NFL player than the likes of Polz. and Timmons. It is hard to find the same amount of depth and talent in the later rounds at the RB and DT positions.

With the trade of Spikes immanent, it looks like the Bills will have at least three third round picks to work with this year and a possible extra fourth or fifth. Buffalo may as they did last year use these thirds and possibly a second from next year to move up into the first round. With Willis probably going before Buffalo picks and the possibility that Akoye, Peterson, and Lynch could be left on the board, the Bills may end up taking a D tackle, RB and or CB in the first.

There is a lot of depth at LB in this draft and even though there will be 3 taken in the first round, there are many other good ones that will be left in second and third. Buster Davis is one LB who looked better than Willis in the senior bowl and who could be a better NFL player than the likes of Polz. and Timmons. It is hard to find the same amount of depth and talent in the later rounds at the RB and DT positions.

1. There are lots of LBs every way. Unfortunately, there is only 1 elite LB in this class that could be counted on to start in 2007 at MLB- that's Willis. Buster Davis is too short to fit what the Bills want in cover-2 MLB.

2. There are serviceable RBs in rounds 2 & 3 who could supplement Atrain in a RBBC. Booker and jackson will probably be available in late 3rd round.

3. Okoye will be the first DT off the board in top 10, same with Peterson.

2 out of the last 3 years we've obtained two first rounders, so I'd have to agree that it's possible. One way to get fans in the stands is an exciting RB. If Ralph wants to see me often at Bills Drive this season, he'll get a running back better than A-Train. I am so impressed with this brain trust that I won't start my car up in the closed garage if they draft 1 guy in the first round. By the end of the first day, I'll know better about whether to get an antidepressant. Those 3 third rounders could be Fred Bennett CB, Rufus Alexander OLB, and Quinn Pitcock DT after getting Lynch RB and Brandon Siler ILB in RD#1 and 2, for example.

I WILL be surprised if we take boring picks. Watch for a WOW on Day 1.

I would be very surprised if we took a corner in round one, I expect the pick to be willis or lynch more likly willis tho. There is a ton of depth at rb this year and we don't need an all star we need a 1a or 1b thats all. Were gonna need at least 1 (maybe 2) linbeackers and more for depth. I expect a LB in rd 1 but thats just me

it looks like the Bills will have at least three third round picks to work with this year and a possible extra fourth or fifth

Where are we getting the third third-rounder.....probably not the Spikes trade, not to mention we don't even have a fifth so we won't have an "extra" one of those. We'll probably end up with either a 4th or 5th if we trade Spikes. We could end up with 1,2,3,3,4,5,6,7 but you're accounting for 1-2 more picks than that. Thats a lot more leverage to trade back into the first round that doesn't exist. That being said we could package a 2nd and a 3rd if we were really targeting another player in the mid to late first.

Where are we getting the third third-rounder.....probably not the Spikes trade, not to mention we don't even have a fifth so we won't have an "extra" one of those. We'll probably end up with either a 4th or 5th if we trade Spikes. We could end up with 1,2,3,3,4,5,6,7 but you're accounting for 1-2 more picks than that. Thats a lot more leverage to trade back into the first round that doesn't exist. That being said we could package a 2nd and a 3rd if we were really targeting another player in the mid to late first.

make that 2 7ths, Willis scored us (hey, look at that he finally scored for the Bills!) a 3rd and 7th this year, and a 3rd next year?

make that 2 7ths, Willis scored us (hey, look at that he finally scored for the Bills!) a 3rd and 7th this year, and a 3rd next year?

Did he? or are you just saying this? I havent heard this ever said anywhere

Word down in Fla is if both Johnson & Thomas are off the board when the Bucs pick at 4 which now seems likely, The Bucs draft Okoye. Gruden coached him in the senior bowl and fell in love with him.

I like Willis or Peterson or Okoye, although all three could be gone by draft day.

Remember though that although this year seems lighter in LBs the way last year was lighter in WRs, last year there were five LBs taken in the first round before DeMeco Ryans lead off the second round. Willis would be a great fit and the drop off after him appears to be significant, but when the players actually hit training camp not everything is how it seemed when we were doing mock drafts. I still think there might be a good chance of getting a quality LB later on day 1 even if Willis isn't our pick at #12.

You could not be more wrong. you could try, but you would not be successful. ;) 1- How the :D is it immAnent that we get a 3rd AND a 4th or 5th?! Are you smoking crack? IF we get a 4th rounder for TKO I would be shocked. 2- You expect Okoye, Peterson AND Lynch to be around late enough for us to get back into the first? We'd need another top 15 pick to even have a prayer! IF ONE of those guys is available with our pick (except Lynch, he's got a terrible attitude) I'd be happy. This isn't Madden on PS2 were you stockpile first rounders so you can draft bush, young and AJ Hawk and have a :worthy: "super cool" team.

Oh, and it's "imminent" :w00t: