You want some good news? I got some good news!!

I know Pro Football Talk is a crap rumor site, but it has actually gotten better over the past year:

Profootballtalk.com reports that Joe Theisman is out as ESPN's Monday Night Football analyst.

Bill Parcells was reportedly offered the job, but didn't take it. Ron Jaworski is reportedly the favorite to earn the gig alongside Mike Tirico and Tony Kornheiser. This news is so enjoyable it probably isn't true.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

:devil:

:D

Edit to add updated report from PFT:

POSTED 9:35 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 11:00 p.m. EDT, March 24, 2007

SUNSHINE OUT AT MNF

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that ESPN is yanking analyst Joe Theismann from Monday Night Football. Earlier this year, the network said that the lineup for the weekly NFL broadcast would return unchanged in 2007.

Per the source, the likely replacement for Theismann is Ron Jaworski, who performed well (despite wearing ladies' glasses) during the back half of a season-opening Monday night doubleheader and who currently is handling booth duties for the ESPN/ABC coverage of the Arena Football League.

It's unknown whether Theismann will be reassigned to other ESPN NFL-related shows, or possibly to ESPN's college football coverage. After Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire weren't shifted with Theismann from Sunday night to Monday night, Patrick and Maguire landed with the network's NCAA broadcasts.

The problem, as we understand it, is that Theismann received a lucrative contract in the waning days of Mark Shapiro's tenure, and the network is unlikely to eat the balance of it. We're told that there are at least two years remaining on the deal.

Per a source with knowledge of the in-house dynamics at ESPN, Theismann and Tony Kornheiser didn't mix well, and there's a school of thought that Kornheiser would be better without having to worry about tiptoeing on eggshells with Theismann. (And we agree with that. Completely.)

The information came to us in response to an item we posted earlier on Saturday indicating that ESPN had offered a spot on Monday Night Football to former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells.

Stay tuned.

"Sunshine"? ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, but the mute button will still be engaged for me, even if Jaws is the new guy...

Really? My god man. Jaws is the best anaylst the network has. and i thought he was great on the game he did with Vermiel early on last season.

Really? My god man. Jaws is the best anaylst the network has. and i thought he was great on the game he did with Vermiel early on last season.

He is the best, but I'm not listening to the other two clowns take up 80% of the airtime to get Ron's insight. I hope Jaws still has his cable show for that.

Hodge is a tool for sure. "Every QB in the draft sucks," is a fav line of his.

Jaws is a good fit if they are going to retain the other two guys. Tony and Jaws work well on PTI. I would like to see Steve Young do MNF because he would work well with the loud-mouthed Tony.

:censored:

my bad, what i meant to say was:

'PRAISE JAWORSKI AND HIS JUICED MOUTHED SPEECH, :D PRAISE HIS OVER-ANALYSIS AND LONG WINDED BREAKDOWNS OF INSIGNIFICANT PLAYS. :thumbsup: PRAISE JAWORSKI AND HIS WALRUS LIKE SHAPE AND LOOK. PRAISE JAWORSKI. PRAISE. B-)

'PRAISE JAWORSKI AND HIS JUICED MOUTHED SPEECH, :D PRAISE HIS OVER-ANALYSIS AND LONG WINDED BREAKDOWNS OF INSIGNIFICANT PLAYS. :thumbsup: PRAISE JAWORSKI AND HIS WALRUS LIKE SHAPE AND LOOK. PRAISE JAWORSKI. PRAISE. B-)

Translation: You have no interest in football or what is happening on the field.

walrus like shape and look...hilarious.

I don't know about jaworski but theismann departing has been rumored for awhile.