Bills Nearing Trade of TKO

K-Gun10

Looks like someone got smacked down in this fred.... :D

Yes, tgreg99 certainly put me in my place. I should have NEVER dissed BatBoy by comparing him to Kgun. :devil:

I am truly sorry.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the darwin walker trade is intriguing.he is a 30 year old defensive tackle that had 6 sacks last year.since it looks like the bills will be drafting a runningback and linebacker anyways,i like the idea of darwin walker.that is not to say i am happy about spikes being traded.i love spikes,but if the bills are trading him then i wouldn't mind seeing us get another dt for our defense.go bills in"07

A trade of Walker for Spikes makes some good sense for the Bills as would give them a player for a player. It also makes some sense that the Eagles would move Walker since they just signed a DT in Monte Reagor. Though the question is if Walker would fit the bill (pun intended) in we need a NT and to me Reagor is more of a DT in that he's smaller and seems better at getting to the QB then being a run stuffer at looking at his career stats. Of course with any such trade cap implications are always a factor and if Spikes' and Walker are equally salaried then I'd be all for it. Of course it leave a hole at LB but possibly fill one at NT.

If the Murphy reports of a mid to late draft pick are true then I'd be really upset. As I know Takeo isn't what he once was but to settle for a day 2 pick for a starting capable player is unsettling especially in we already have many holes. Of course it would free up cap space and we could hope Marv would sign someone with that money but things have been cricket it like quiet since the first day of free agency in terms of signing new guys tp the team.

I'm still doubtful we will get the value back in a trade or release of TKO that we will lose in the player who could surprise people and recover more fully in year 2 after the surgery. Cap room or a day 2 pick just doesn't seem to outweigh the potential upside we lose. But if he is more hobbled than I am acknowledging and we do something useful with the cap room or can get a decent pick maybe I will end up being wrong on this.

No more than a fourth rounder for Willis.....how'd that work out for him....Reuben Droughns

I personally love the National Enquirer Headlines on posts...I am expecting to see something like...

MARV LEVY DECLARES.......

1) He has discovered the fountain of youth in Niagara Falls

2) He's tossing Frannie overboard for the Jill in the tryout video on bb.com

3) He's really Moses

:devil:

Roy Manning was the LB we picked up from the Packers last year for those that couldn't remember his name. I dont believe anyone is willing to part on a first day pick for Spikes I'd gladly take something like we did with Willis this year. Lets say grab a 4th rounder in this years draft and a 5th rounder in next years draft or something along them lines. These are how the Patriots do it every year. Then they trade their 2nd rounder for a 2008 first rounder or things such as that. Thats why the Patriots have a lot of depth, and its apparent Buffalo is remodeling the team the way Marv wants it. These players dont fit under it and I think as of right now Marv wants to field a competitive team that can grow into a dominant one in future years. This will probably upset Bills fans cause they want the Bills in the playoffs NOW!

Juss because i dont want to start a new thread ill throw this in here.

According to some personnel people around the league, the Eagles are shopping defensive tackle Darwin Walker. Buffalo, Green Bay and Minnesota apparently all have been contacted in hopes of adding a draft pick or moving up in a later round of the draft.

-- Trenton Times

Yes, tgreg99 certainly put me in my place. I should have NEVER dissed BatBoy by comparing him to Kgun. :D

I am truly sorry.

I am sorry I lashed out at you Dean. It's just a touchy subject as so many americans continue to look down upon a great creature/beast/boy just because he has odd ears, radar and poor eye sight.

It's just a shame.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#032507

Mid To Late Pick Possible For Spikes: Rumors are flying about where Takeo Spikes may end up. Reports say the Eagles and Giants are interested and the Bills may get a mid to late round pick for him. Spikes has been on the trade market all offseason as the team looks to clear more room to keep their cash to the cap philosophy.

If by "mid' round they mean 3rd round I'm ok with that.

And per Kffl.com

Giants | Team showing interest in Spikes

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:17:14 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the New York Giants are showing interest in possibly obtaining Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes, according to a league source. Spikes would need to pass a physical and negotiate a new deal. The source believes the Bills could receive a mid-to-late round choice in the 2007 NFL Draft if both conditions are met.

Eagles | Team showing interest in Spikes

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:17:42 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are showing interest in possibly obtaining Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes, according to a league source. Spikes would need to pass a physical and negotiate a new deal. The source believes the Bills could receive a mid-to-late round choice in the 2007 NFL Draft if both conditions are met. The Eagles would likely move Spikes to the outside if they acquire him. The team could also move him inside and make LB Jeremiah Trotter more of a two-down linebacker.