I gotta admit it, I'm not so sure LB is a pressing need.

I think the Bills could use a linebacker in the later rounds for depth, but their starters are pretty good:

WLB- Keith Ellison- This guy came out of nowhere and just produced. He kept improving as the season went on. With a year of NFL experience under his belt and maybe some more weight, this guy could be a force to reckon with.

MLB- Angelo Crowell- He is determined to the the captain of this group. Angelo was one of Len Pastabelly's most underrated players in the NFL. He is a beast.

SLB- Takeo Spikes- Why the he!! is Marv and co. trying to get rid of this guy. This is Takeo Spikes, Takeo isn't the type of player to just be average. We all know he will work his damn a$$ off to be his old self! This year, we will see a bigger, faster, stronger, and better Takeo Spikes.

With that being said, do the Bills really need a new LB? I like the guys the have. The more I think about it, the more I want the Bills to draft Okoye/Hall @ #12.

Actually, neither LB, DT, CB, or RB is a desperate situation that forces our hand at #12. I fully expect us to get better at all four (although if the decision is made to go with Triplett, McCargo, Williams, and Hargrove at DT it wouldn't break my heart), but we can get the best guys overall. I'm not as big on Hall, and think that Okoye/Peterson/Willis will be more valuable football players, but Hall could certainly fit as well. Right now I'm pretty excited about Willis and think Peterson and Okoye might both end up being gone. I would like to get a LB, a RB, and a CB all on day 1, but how they work out is very flexible to who is available.

Actually, neither LB, DT, CB, or RB is a desperate situation that forces our hand at #12. I fully expect us to get better at all four (although if the decision is made to go with Triplett, McCargo, Williams, and Hargrove at DT it wouldn't break my heart), but we can get the best guys overall. I'm not as big on Hall, and think that Okoye/Peterson/Willis will be more valuable football players, but Hall could certainly fit as well. Right now I'm pretty excited about Willis and think Peterson and Okoye might both end up being gone. I would like to get a LB, a RB, and a CB all on day 1, but how they work out is very flexible to who is available.

what this says^^^

:devil:

I think the Bills could use a linebacker in the later rounds for depth, but their starters are pretty good:

WLB- Keith Ellison- This guy came out of nowhere and just produced. He kept improving as the season went on. With a year of NFL experience under his belt and maybe some more weight, this guy could be a force to reckon with.

MLB- Angelo Crowell- He is determined to the the captain of this group. Angelo was one of Len Pastabelly's most underrated players in the NFL. He is a beast.

SLB- Takeo Spikes- Why the he!! is Marv and co. trying to get rid of this guy. This is Takeo Spikes, Takeo isn't the type of player to just be average. We all know he will work his damn a$$ off to be his old self! This year, we will see a bigger, faster, stronger, and better Takeo Spikes.

With that being said, do the Bills really need a new LB? I like the guys the have. The more I think about it, the more I want the Bills to draft Okoye/Hall @ #12.

Wow, I'd have to strongly disagree. One guy that you mention (Crowell) looks like he can play. Ellison still very unproven and Spikes has a long way to go to regain his old form.

Quincy Black in the 3rd.

Oh ya, I definitely agree with that pick...LB really isn't a huge need as long as the Bills think Crowell can handle the move to MLB. It should probably be our 4th biggest need going into the draft, behind RB, CB, and DT. Considering we have 4 first day picks, it would be wise to bring somebody like Black in to create some competition with Ellison this year and maybe take over for Spikes in the future.

I agree 100%. Everyone keeps talking about these positions like they're gapping holes (me included btw), but the fact is there's someone on the roster right now for at each of these positions with potential.

DT: McCargo, Williams, Triplett, Anderson (McCargo was a 1ST ROUND pick last year, something that i find i have to remind myself of at times! Williams was last year's 3rd and Triplett, although he didn't have a great year, is only one year removed from having a pretty good season in Indy. That's a lot of potential to just give up on. Although I personally think we need to beef up in the middle if our Run D is going to be good, all indications from the front office says that they're more concern with LBs then DT's to fix this problem).

CB: McGee, Youboyte, Thomas, Greer (McGee is a good number 2 corner and youbotye, thomas and greer are all above average nickles. Youbotye is also a third rounder from last year and it seems the coaches are high on him. Anyway you look at it we need another CB on the roster, but even if its a second day pick, our corners are still decent. I think gettting a CB in the 3rd, someone like Dameyon Hughes if he falls, to compete with Youboyte and Thomas would be more than satisfactory and would create good competition for the starting spot)

RB: Thomas, Jackson, Williams (A-train is a Jauron favorite and his comments suggest that he's more than willing to have A-train as he starter this year. Jackson has been a surprise out of no-where who has been getting a lot of local press as of late following levy's comments after the A-train signing. Whether it's all puff or he'll actually make a difference on the field, only time will tell. This is another positions like CB where we 100% definitely will add a RB in the draft, but if we don't add one in the first round it won't be devastating. Definitily first day though. Aside from the first rounders, Hunt, Pittman, Irons, Jackson, would all create a decent if not good 1-2 punch with A-train.

LB: Spikes, Crowell, Ellison, Wire, Haggen, DiGrigorio (This is another position with an up-and-comer in Ellison, but I think Marv and Co. target this as priority one because of the question marks that come along with it. Will Spikes return to form? if not, you have a huge hole to fill. And even though I like ellison and it's evident that the coaching staff does, I suspect they wonder and worry about his size. Overall another position that we need help at, but if we HAD to go into the season like this and add a young prospect we could pull it off).

Overall then you're right, I think we'll take the best player available at the 12th pick in one of those four positions. and really ALL it comes down to is where they have those players in comparison to one another on their draft board. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Puz was higher on their board then people think. They may even have him higher then Willis. I def would not be surprised to see him picked at 12, nor would i be upset. With all that said here's potential first round selections for us:

RB: Petterson, Lynch

LB: Willis, Puz, Timmons

DT: Okoye, Branch

CB: Hall, Revis, Houston

I will spare everyone my opinion on these guys in this post, as its more for information and analysis rather than opinion, but I would be shocked if we didn't get one of them by the time the first round is over (whether we stay at 12, move up or move down). It's just a matter of how much Marv and Co. likes each one.

I'm gong to take a stab and say that we get Willis or Puz. As I said above, I think the front office views LB as priority one and will have both guys rated very high on their draft boards. (of course if petterson unexpectedly falls, who knows...)

OK, now that i analyzed, i'll throw in my two cents on these players and positions of need and where I see them getting filled in the Draft.

1. I think LB is priority 1 and if we dont select one with the 12th pick I can definitley see us trying to get back into the lower first round (or earlier second round) to try to get one of the big three. this is one position that I like all three prospects. As a former Penn Stater who has seen every game Puz has played i'm personally partial to him. But Either him or Willis would be great additions to our defense. I'm OK on Timmons, but not at 12. If we traded down and the other two were gone I'd be OK with it or if we got somelike like Okoye or Petterson at 12 and traded up a little in the second to get him I'd be happy with that too.

2. I personally like Peterson ALOT and think he's going to be HUGE in this league, no matter who he plays for. IMO if he's there TAKE HIM. That said, i'm not 100% sure we would. Jauron loves A-train. Levy obviously has a plan and if taking a first round RB is not in that, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't divert from it, even though an unexpected Petterson fell to him. In that situation, I hope, at the very least, we would try to trade down get get some high value picks from someone who REALLY wants him. As far as lynch goes, I like him, but not in the first round. I agree he's a first round talent, but in my opinion we don't need a first round RB. Peterson would be the exception, becuase personally, I think he's just that good not too. As I said though, that's my opinion and it's all a matter of what Levy and Co. thinks...

3. I don't know what to think about the CBs. I like them all, but I'd rather not spend a first round pick on one. Almost same analysis as RB's, i guess... I think if you add a second or third round Corner to the mix of players you have right now, that would create good competition for the starting spot and provide excellent depth at the same time. That said, I know levy is a DB guy, so taking one in round one would not surprise me at all.

4. Finally DT's. Quite simply I really really really like Okoye, and I DO NOT like branch. I think Okoye has the potential to be what warren sapp was to the Bucs when they went to the super bowl in the cover 2 defense. that VERY VERY rare cover-2 DT, that can penatrate to distrupt the passing lanes, but that can also be a force against the run. Essentailly that one DT that every Cover two team in the league is missing (which is the reason even the two super bowl teams were less then average agaisnt the run).

So if I were the Bills my draft board would look something like this:

Petterson (RB)

Okoye (DT)

Willis (MLB)/Puz (OLB)

----------- (my personal trade down line if none of the first 4 were available, which would be highly unlikely)

Hall (CB)

Revis (CB)

Houston (CB)

Timmons (OLB)

Branch (DT)

Lynch(RB)

Simply take the best guy available.

i also agree i feel our LB's are all above average. even the back ups. haggin is pretty decent.

what we need is a game changing DT. we dont have one on our roster right now. we have game chaging LB's all 3 of our starting LB on the roster are good. our DE's above average.

pressing needs if you ask me.

DT !!!!!!

then conerback ~ McGee could of just had 1 bad year and could bounce back nicely. lets hope.

but if by any chance perterson is there we should snatch him up.

I really think our biggest need is at running back.

While we definitely do need another DT for our rotation, we already have 3 guys (Tripplett, McCargo, Williams) who should be solid contributors this year. We don't know for sure about McCargo, but the team obviously likes him if they were willing to trade up into the first round to get him.

At LB, as was already mentioned, we have 3 (hopefully) decent starters in Spikes at SLB, Crowellat MLB, and Ellison at WLB. While this group is far from great, all of these guys can at least hold down the fort. Crowell looks like a budding star for our D and Ellison looked very good for a rookie last year. Spikes is a big question mark, but even if he can't regain his old form, he looked like he was playing better at the end of last season.

At CB, we have 4 bodies that shouldn't kill us (McGee, K. Thomas, Greer, and Youboty). The coaching staff really seems to like Youboty even though he hardly played last year. We definitely could use a solid, bigger cornerback, but the tampa-2 doesn't really require a shutdown guy.

At RB, we have A-train, who looked pretty good when he filled in for McGahee last year, but he did it against three very bad run defenses (GB, Ind, Hou). He's 29, which is kind of old for a running back, and he's not exactly a big time playmaker. After him, we have no one who can carry the load, and don't try and tell me that Fred Jackson is the answer. Shaud is strictly a 3rd down back.

The Bills need a RB who can really be a big part of our offense this year, or we're in big trouble. While the other positions are need areas, RB should really be the position the team is looking to upgrade the most in the draft (aka Lynch, or Peterson if he somehow miraculously falls to us).

You don't build up the O-line to let a bunch of backups run behind it. The Bills go early with a RB to be the 1a with A-Train 1b. Don't kid yourself, A-Train will not be the 1a in a RB by comittee

The Bills are in a position to take the best player available at any position right now because they have needs (CB, DT, LB, RB) but no gapping holes right now, or atleast no immediate, have to draft #1 needs