what is the best concert you've ever seen at the

Ive seen U2 twice there in 2001 and 2005, and Slowhand (Eric Clapton) in 2001. thats the only thing ive seen there but the best out of it was the vertigo show that was awesome it was the night after my 21st birthday it was a kick ass show, the best concert ive seen at darien lake was last summer the allman brothers band and tom petty it was so crowded ive never seen so many people at that place before, the allman brothers kicked ass as usual hope to see them this summer i see them every year except in 2005 i wasn't here for that damn it and tom petty was awesome for his so called final tour.

Ive seen U2 twice there in 2001 and 2005, and Slowhand (Eric Clapton) in 2001. thats the only thing ive seen there but the best out of it was the vertigo show that was awesome it was the night after my 21st birthday it was a kick ass show, the best concert ive seen at darien lake was last summer the allman brothers band and tom petty it was so crowded ive never seen so many people at that place before, the allman brothers kicked ass as usual hope to see them this summer i see them every year except in 2005 i wasn't here for that damn it and tom petty was awesome for his so called final tour.

I saw U2 on the Vertigo tour, not in New York, but it was amazing. Best live show I've ever seen was Tool on the Lateralus Tour. Simply Awesome.

does the Aud count? if so, then I would have to go with a couple genesis shows, the kinks...from the 80's and i have only seen one concert at darien lake and that was tom petty/georgia sattelites/the bodeans and i enjoyed that one immensely

I saw U2 on the Vertigo tour, not in New York, but it was amazing. Best live show I've ever seen was Tool on the Lateralus Tour. Simply Awesome.

Where did you see that show? I saw it at HSBC and thought it was alright

The tour this summer was much better, I saw it at the Molson Ampitheatre in Toronto and was going to try for tickets to the Copps show that was announced about a month ago in Hamilton (I belive they have delayed the show now because of the drummers injury

Best show at Darrien lake

Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Shinedown show from this summer (Labour Day), The show would have been alot better had I not been coming down with Mono at the time

Other Shows i've seen there

Stone Temple Pilots and Red hot Chilli Peppers (No. 4, Californication tour)

Ozzfest from this summer. The show was awesome (Ozzy, Black label Society on the second stage, Disturbed and System of a Down on the Main stage) but the venue couldn't handle it (I missed 2 bands on the main stage just trying to get food, lucky I wasn't there to see those bands)

Best Show at HSBC

Nickelback w/ Hoobastank and Three Days Grace this summer. I hate Three Days Grace, Hoobastank was alright, and Nickelback was great (they always do a great live show)

Other shows I've seen there

Tool (Lateralus tour) Tool was great, the opener was alright at best, but back then the HSBC arena wasn't a great place for concerts

Smackdown and ECW tapings from this fall. I know its not a concert, but it wasn't hockey or Lacrosse so I'm counting it. It was good, and I bought cheap seats that were upgraded so they could tarp off the upper level so I got a great deal on the tickets

I keep thinking I'm missing 1 from HSBC though but I don't think so.

Now if we were talking ACC in Toronto and Molson Ampitheatre, I've seen a bunch of good ones there

DMB at darien '01 and '02 awesome shows. I used to work at darien and was able to sneak into a lot of shows: kid rock, blink, aerosmith, BNL, Mellencamp, Phish...etc.. some really wild and fun shows. Probably the best shows I have been to since then are Edgefests where Staind was the headliner w/ finch, trapt, smile empty soul, and seether and the one with billy Idol headlining, with 30 seconds to mars, Static X, Floggin Molly, and Our lady peace. Both awesome shows, anytime you can get out of the pit, grab a beer, down it, and crowdsurf back into the pit, it is a great show

Actually I only saw one concert at Memorial Aud as it was known...Tony Orlando and Dawn...guess it must have been the best since there is no competition!

Wow. Did you take a covered wagon to that show?

Darien Lake - Metallica, first show on the tour that they did back in the summer of '94. I've got a DAT recording of it somewheres. I was also at that Pantera (I've mellowed in my later years) where Phil cracked the security guard in the head with the microphone, but the show itself sucked.

Never been to HSBC, Aud? Saw AC/DC, Van Halen, and Nine Inch Nails. I'd say that AC/DC was the best.

-Jeff

The Aud - Rush 1992

HSBC- Saw the Hip there twice and that's it. Decent shows, but the Hip need to be seen at the smaller clubs.

Darien Lake - Big Head Todd & The Monsters at 1994 Horde Tour.

The Tralf - Spirit of The West about six years ago

Nietzsches- Southern Culture on the Skids

That place on Abbott Rd that used to be the buffalo brew pub - The Lowest Of The Low around 2000-2001.

Ogden street music hall - Sloan

Thursday at the Square - 54-40

Best show at The Aud had to be Dio on the Sacred Heart tour. The stage was a giant dragon, 100' wingspan with Vinny Appice's drum kit on its back. The thing flapped its wings, shot lasers out of its eyes and breathed fire. Dio started the show by emerging from a crystal ball and towards the end of the show he slew the dragon with a giant laser sword. Yeah, in hindsight it was the height of cliche 80's metal, but man that was a show - you certainly got your $25 ticket's worth for that show...

Iron Maiden's Somewhere in Time tour was good - giant inflatable Eddie hands extending from each side of the stge. Someone threw an m-80 at Bruce Dickinson during the show and he FREAKED - stopped the show and screamed at a section of the crowd for minutes on end. Maiden always put on a great live show - always.

I remember shows at Darien Lake BEFORE they built the current ampitheater. They had a tiny stage and just an open field area that was fenced in - no seats. I saw Ozzy there and it was good but would have been much better had the opening acts not been Vixxen and White Lion - wow, that's some seriously cheesy "metal".

That lead singer from Vixen was HOT!! Not so much anymore... I saw them on Bands Reunited last week and they haven't aged well... :w00t:

Hot in a sort of, "my hair is 8' tall with 6 cans of Aquanet" kind of way....never really appealed to me.....

I can only imagine how she's aged. Seems like I see all sorts of women who are still trying to stay with the 80s big hair look, only now they're in their 50s - not a pretty sight at all... :w00t:

I remember shows at Darien Lake BEFORE they built the current ampitheater. They had a tiny stage and just an open field area that was fenced in - no seats. I saw Ozzy there and it was good but would have been much better had the opening acts not been Vixxen and White Lion - wow, that's some seriously cheesy "metal".

Kind of reminds me of a local bar set up I go to all the time for shows. Its a bar called Arizona's (only open now in the summers) in Thorold Ontario (between Welland and St. Catharines) they always have around 5 shows a year, mostly Canadian bands. But its a smaller sized bar with a paved patio area out front that holds 1-2 thousand people. The set the stage up in one end on the parking lot and right behind is a farmers field. Usually a good show, right on the side of a small highway. Some bands have played there before they became big, I think Creed opened for the Tea Party there, and Dave Matthews has played there. I've seen many shows there, the tea party multiple times, the trews Multiple times, Finger 11 a couple times, Matt Good. The best was during the Matt Good show, he was playing an accoustic that had a mic pickup and it was wireless, so he hoped off the stage and walked across the highway and played guitar from in front of the golf course across the street, and then tried to hail a cab before coming back. He started joking around about it being weird playing a show from infront of a cornfield