Anyone see the new Christina Aguilera video?

The Poojer

nice, she looks a little like natalie merchant

I agree, POOJ she would be great in that venue. Those would be good bands for her.

While I like the bands mentioned, and their neo swing styles, my favorite modern swing band is Lavay Smith and the Red Hot Skillet Lickers. They are real old-school jazz and swing. The best swing band in the country, IMO, by a mile. Not the right band for CA, but an excuse to post this:

As I thought, I hated it. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but it diminished the song and the talent of the musicians, IMO. Too much CHEESE for the Dean. I would be FAR more entertained watching her sing the song on stage with a great big band in the background (not on a vid, though). The dancing gay men in uniform do nothing to help the song, IMO.

DAMN, I am freaking snob.

With THAT said, she sure looks (and sounds) GREAT. I don't see my self buying her stuff, but I'll defend her talent any day.

Hey you kids: Get offa Dean's lawn. And don't trip over the boombox with the Frampton double live in it--you know-- back when music was really special.

Hey you kids: Get offa Dean's lawn. And don't trip over the boombox with the Frampton double live in it--you know-- back when music was really special.

Frampton sucks! :rolleyes:

If I come off like an old classic rock fan, I'm mis-communicating here. MOST popular music has sucked during all periods, I'm sure. It's not about the good old days, for The Dean. It's about good vs. bad taste.

95% of everything is crud.

Videos have just managed to help concentrated attention of aspects of the "artists" that have little to nothing to do with music. There ARE pretty good music vids (few, that's for sure). Some are good visually...but terrible musically. However, the proliferation of the music video helped lead to the success of those "video artists" at the expense of musicians.

Now..getta offa da lawn! :rolleyes:

And don't trip over the speakers cranking Daryl Anger and Barbara Higbie.

She has really cleaned up since the beginning of her career. She was always talented, but she wore waaaayyy too much makeup back then, her hair always looked like she hadn't washed it in months. Now she just looks damn good, and has a ton of talent.

Uh dude, I think she was 15 at the time you're reffering to.

To clear up a few things here also. She can flat out wail! I'd do her (now). And I would pay money to see her fronting the Setzer Orch. Well I would pay to see Brian Setzer Orchestra anyway so the last point doesn't really matter.