Fox Sports Has Buffalo Drafting Peterson

You make a very good point, but the Bills made strides where it counts, up front. If the Bills had better blocking last season, each and every one of their offensive skill players would have better 06 stats. Another reason to feel good is that JP, Evans and Peters are at least approaching their prime.

We have holes, but most are at positions that are traditionally not so hard to fill. In that sense, I wouldn't mind trading down in order to amass 1st day picks for this year and next.

The OL additions were certainly needed and will help, but even there the Bills could still stand an upgrade at both C and RG.

In the end, I think they have too many players offensively who are just adequate starters. One injury to the wrong guy (Evans) and I think an already mediocre offense will be floating belly up. He doesn't have to be an all-pro or even a 1st round pick, but the Bills definitely need to find another solid, reliable, consistent weapon whether its a RB, TE, or WR who is good enough to carry the offense if necessary.

The OL additions were certainly needed and will help, but even there the Bills could still stand an upgrade at both C and RG.

In the end, I think they have too many players offensively who are just adequate starters. One injury to the wrong guy (Evans) and I think an already mediocre offense will be floating belly up. He doesn't have to be an all-pro or even a 1st round pick, but the Bills definitely need to find another solid, reliable, consistent weapon whether its a RB, TE, or WR who is good enough to carry the offense if necessary.

I'm with you on that especially since we lost the only option we had in McGayknee.

NOT....but we do need another certified threat...that said I still bet Marv takes someone

no one is projecting at #12. I'd like to see Willis at #12 and Pittman in the 2nd round...

My hope is that you can line up the A-train and a decent rookie RB behind this new line and have more success than last year. With that I am going to drink my self silly at the parade.

I think we are set at TE for another year. Royal might not be that good of a blocker but he can catch the ball well.

He's actually known for just the opposite. He's a good blocker with suspect recieving skills. He's not much of a threat in the passing game. A recap of the Titians game this year should remind anyone of his shortcomings.

The lack of a real recieving threat at TE has killed the Bills the past few years.

If Peterson were there...given that Willis is gone...I think we have to take him. I can't imagine that happening though.

Me either. I think if Peterson slips out of the top 6 (which is a real possibility) there will be teams scrambling to trade up to get him. The Bills would have to take him if he's there, other teams know this -- meaning that some team ahead of the Bills could swing a rich deal.

The only way the Bills get him is if they move up. And frankly, despite his talent, his injury scares the hell out of me and isn't worth the risk if it means giving up additional picks to get him. But that's me.

He's actually known for just the opposite. He's a good blocker with suspect recieving skills. He's not much of a threat in the passing game. A recap of the Titians game this year should remind anyone of his shortcomings.

The lack of a real recieving threat at TE has killed the Bills the past few years.

Royal is probably average for a TE receiver. He's not really a threat. However the last few years we haven't even been utilizing our TE because our tackles have needed so much help in protecting the QB. Hopefully this year will be different with our new and improved O-line.

Royal is probably average for a TE receiver. He's not really a threat. However the last few years we haven't even been utilizing our TE because our tackles have needed so much help in protecting the QB. Hopefully this year will be different with our new and improved O-line.

A fair point.

The problem with the TE position is there are no good FA out there and not a whole hell of a lot of prospects in the draft that would upgrade the position. Which, for me, puts an even greater need for finding a tall, possession WR to line up opposite Evans. JP needs a target that can take up the middle of the field and remove some safty pressure from Lee.

I would not be surprised to see the Bills take a WR on day one. It's a need. Had Willis not been traded, I would have been willing to bet the position would have been addressed within the first two rounds. Now, I'm not so sure.

CORRECTIONS:

receiving. i before e, EXCEPT after c.

Titans. Titian is a painter from the Classical period. Painted fat broads with sheets not covering.

Royal's receiving skills are untested, not suspect.

The lack of linemen on both sides of the ball has killed the Bills the past few years.

CORRECTIONS:

Titans. Titian is a painter from the Classical period. Painted fat broads with sheets not covering.

The lack of linemen on both sides of the ball has killed the Bills the past few years.

:rolleyes:

I'm suffering from jet lag. Forgive me :rolleyes:

And I don't disagree with the line being a problem either. There have been multiple problems. However, after the shuffle this season, the OL held up nicely. But the offense still stalled in the redzone due to a lack of a TE or solid No. 2 recEiver. :rolleyes:

Me either. I think if Peterson slips out of the top 6 (which is a real possibility) there will be teams scrambling to trade up to get him. The Bills would have to take him if he's there, other teams know this -- meaning that some team ahead of the Bills could swing a rich deal.

The only way the Bills get him is if they move up. And frankly, despite his talent, his injury scares the hell out of me and isn't worth the risk if it means giving up additional picks to get him. But that's me.

IF Peterson gets to #6, the Redskins will looking to trade down

CORRECTIONS:

If you're going to nitpick, Titian was a Rennaissance painter, not a classical one (i.e., Greek/Roman).

Thanks for jumping on this. I read the LSI's statement about Royal being a better receiver than blocker and immediately flashed back to numerous drops early in the season (right after I relived his nightmare mis-play on the play you referenced agianst the Titans (cost us that game.....).