What does your name mean?

BillsFanM.D.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you guys didn't know, I AM everyone's favorite handy man and I give killer mustache rides. I decided to add the "freakin" in there because that is what everyone on the set calls me and I decided to use an extra "L" in my last name just to thorw the scent off a wee bit.

I live in New Zealand (hence the Kiwi) and I'm a fan of the Bills.

I used to be called, "Bad Things". It was in reference to a great old Nike commercial featuring Dennis Hopper having visions of Bruce Smith destroying opposing players. He would always shudder and say, "Bad Things, man..."

I live in New Zealand (hence the Kiwi) and I'm a fan of the Bills.

I used to be called, "Bad Things". It was in reference to a great old Nike commercial featuring Dennis Hopper having visions of Bruce Smith destroying opposing players. He would always shudder and say, "Bad Things, man..."

I've always loved the babe in your avatar. That's a sweet pic, IMO.

BTW, "Bad Things" was a good name, IMO.

Promo The Robot was a character from a kids cartoon show on Channel 7 when I was growing up in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's. I chose that as a name because only someone who shared that experiece would get it. My avatar is the original "plywood box" Promo. Over the years they updated his look, but old school Promo was the best.

PTR

I was actually ON 'Dialing for Dollars' once when I was like 7 years old - well actually my Dad was mostly. We went one day to be part of the studio audience, and they called my Dad up at one point in the show. They then showed a shot of our lovely family in the audience. I remember during the show seeing the still, lifeless 'body' of PTR on the stage next to it. I think about that just about every time I see you post...

My name is my first name plus the first 3 letters of my last name - by itself not very interesting - but it is the email handle for my company given to me by my first manager when I first started working 20 years ago. It was limited to 8 characters - I've used the same handle for all email/internet ids ever since.

Bills fan now living in a state somewhere down south. I use Raelity on the Sabres board - a twist on Rael from Genesis Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, and like that name better. Hate to change names, here though. At the rate I post I ought to work off my rookie label in just a few more years.

Promo - I too was a Rocketship 7 fan. I was only 5 or so back then. I for sure remember Dave Thomas and Promo the Robot. I vaguely recall some kind of talking hand puppet coming out of the door in the rocket. Anyone else recall that and remember a name?

Petrino is Italian for Little Rock ... and Albany is a place I never thought I'd miss. But I do ...

I thought it meant tiny Italian writer of odes.

And they say I disappear. How's life treatin' ya, PIA?