Michael Turner

jonnyb

Why not go big? Although you would be giving a 1st and a 3rd, you would receive the RB you need. Let's be honest, New England is stocking up with big acquisitions and New York traded for Thomas Jones. Let's get a proven running back who can run wonderfully behind our new line! This would possibly be the acquisition that could keep us in the hunt.

Why not go big? Although you would be giving a 1st and a 3rd, you would receive the RB you need. Let's be honest, New England is stocking up with big acquisitions and New York traded for Thomas Jones. Let's get a proven running back who can run wonderfully behind our new line! This would possibly be the acquisition that could keep us in the hunt.

Dude, he is a career backup. Stop the Turner nonsense, please.

As far as I can remember our luck with 1st rounders has not been phenomenal over the past couple years. I really like JP but Mike Williams was the answer...oops, Antwain Smith was the running back of the future, Willis was going to be....The draft in many ways is a crap shoot. We know that Turner can run and we just received a 3rd rounder for Willis. So why not take a different approach to the draft? Very few of our picks have really been that earth shattering.....unless you look at the drafts of the 90's.

As far as I can remember our luck with 1st rounders has not been phenomenal over the past couple years. I really like JP but Mike Williams was the answer...oops, Antwain Smith was the running back of the future, Willis was going to be....The draft in many ways is a crap shoot. We know that Turner can run and we just received a 3rd rounder for Willis. So why not take a different approach to the draft? Very few of our picks have really been that earth shattering.....unless you look at the drafts of the 90's.

let the anger begin.

Are you his agent? Give it up.

antowain was a decent pick low in the first. MW=TD Willis was low first round and was a good pick.He is a good back-and good enough to be a feature back.So Im not too sure what you are talking about. How do we know that turner can run???Because he had a few good games on a very very strong team??? v1st and 3rd trade must be for a proven star who has carried the load for a few years...or for one of those rare college talents.

First of all, NO ONE in this world knows how good Michael Turner is as a starter in the NFL. Not Turner, not his head coach or position coach, not our scouts, not pundits, not me, not you. In fact, they don't know if he sucks or is great, or is somewhere in between.

Second, he wouldn't cost a first and a third, but very likely closer to a 2nd.

Third, no one knows whether a draft choice is going to suck or be great either, but our scouts, after watching film on Turner in both college and in the pros, probably have a better idea of whether he will be good or not, than any draft choice. Not saying it makes him better or worse, but they have information to base the risk on.

Turner is really good but does not warrant a 1st n 3rd pk! It is very concievable that A. Petterson could land to us at 12. Even if he didn't, 1st and 3rd pick for a current back up player is absurd. We need every pick considering the plethora of holes to fill on this team.

not even gates u dont do that but maybe merriman

I'm sorry....you wouldn't give up a 1st and 3rd for one of the best and most valuable receiving weapons in the NFL? If Gates is offered for anything less close to a 1st rounder, you take the deal before they change their mind.

As far as I can remember our luck with 1st rounders has not been phenomenal over the past couple years.

Whose has? Yeah, we aren't landing rookie probowlers, but I'd match up Clements+Fat Mike+McGahee+JP+Evans+Whitner with just about any team in the league...

I'd wait until pick #12 comes around for the Bills. If Peterson is there, I consider long and hard about taking him. If I take him, great. If I pass, I call up the Chargers and offer our 2nd rounder for Turner. Tell them they can use it on a RB who will be with them for at least 4 years, whereas Turner will be gone after the season, and for nothing.

I'm sorry....you wouldn't give up a 1st and 3rd for one of the best and most valuable receiving weapons in the NFL? If Gates is offered for anything less close to a 1st rounder, you take the deal before they change their mind.

Whose has? Yeah, we aren't landing rookie probowlers, but I'd match up Clements+Fat Mike+McGahee+JP+Evans+Whitner with just about any team in the league...

I'd think he'd mean pre 2004 wouldn't you? McGahee, (Bledsoe), Williams, Clements, Flowers, Winfield, (RJ), Smith.

I don't advocate using this as a reason to get Turner(silly idea if you ask me), but compare 1997-2003 to most teams & you'll see one of the true reasons why we have languished as a team for so long.

Compare to Colts.....Clark, Freeney, Wayne, Morris, Edge, Manning, Glenn.

You need to give up a 1st and 3rd to sign Turner as a free agent. You can trade to get him for a lot less, since SD will watch him sit all year this year, and then lose him for nothing. I think it's fine to make a trade offer or test those waters with the Chargers, but we all know he isn't going to be signed by anybody as a restricted free agent.