Pats collecting flawed wideouts

JoeF

I'll admit I'm jealous. I was hoping the Bills would add Washington to give JP a big target to go along with Lee. To all those haters: if the Bills had made even half the additions the Pats have made this offseason this board would be blowing up and we would put the Bills in the Super Bowl! I HOPE the Pats move don't pan out and that we somehow prove the critics wrong...I can hope can't I!

You really think that Washington and Stallworth will make that much of a difference? Stallworth had a good year last year (when he was healthy), but, when looking at his entire career, that is an aberration. Washington has never done anything...I wil grant that he is young.

You really think that Washington and Stallworth will make that much of a difference? Stallworth had a good year last year (when he was healthy), but, when looking at his entire career, that is an aberration. Washington has never done anything...I wil grant that he is young.

They might not but if they were added to our roster a lot of fans on this board would be putting the Bills in the playoffs! Think about it: if we had signed Washington, and picked up Julius Jones for a 4th round pick this board's server would be on lock!

They might not but if they were added to our roster a lot of fans on this board would be putting the Bills in the playoffs! Think about it: if we had signed Washington, and picked up Julius Jones for a 4th round pick this board's server would be on lock!

True enough!

If anyone here thinks the Pats, the 12-4 division winning Pats, the "one good half away from winning another SB" Pats aren't better because of these moves, you're mistaken. Mind you, these signings guarantee nothing, but don't fool yourself, they're better. Period.

Like a poster stated earlier in this thread, if you're not worried about, why make a post about it. That's flat out denial.

Brady, a seasoned Maroney with these threatening and talented WRs with a dash of Belichick and sprinkle in extraordinary OL & DL play not to mention the foul taste of their defeat to the Colts, look out.

Lets not mention the 2 1st rounders and 4 of the first 90 or so picks in this upcoming draft. Yea, they're desperate....desperate to win another championship.

If anyone here thinks the Pats, the 12-4 division winning Pats, the "one good half away from winning another SB" Pats aren't better because of these moves, you're mistaken. Mind you, these signings guarantee nothing, but don't fool yourself, they're better. Period.

Like a poster stated earlier in this thread, if you're not worried about, why make a post about it. That's flat out denial.

Brady, a seasoned Maroney with these threatening and talented WRs with a dash of Belichick and sprinkle in extraordinary OL & DL play not to mention the foul taste of their defeat to the Colts, look out.

Lets not mention the 2 1st rounders and 4 of the first 90 or so picks in this upcoming draft. Yea, they're desperate....desperate to win another championship.

They're sure enough better on paper! I mean they went 12-4, made it to the AFC championship game with subpar WRs. They make a few upgrades and add another outside pass rusher to the mix. I mean some on our board got hyped up about signing a couple of O-linemen (that BTW we desperately needed!); what if we had given JP a few more targets while having a young stud 2nd year RB like the Pats have? Give Brady some better targets and I'll admit they scare me on paper!

They'll still be a good team but they won't see another Superbowl with what's left of that nucleus that got them there.

Eventually, Belichick will be having thoughts of jumping ship and "saving" the Giants organization after their sure to be abomination of a 2007 season. You wait and see.

I see you're skilled at talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which is it? Still be a good team or sure to be abomination of a 2007 season?

I'll wait and see what your answer is

All 3 of the guys they signed are explosive when healthy, and can take any catch to the house in an instant. I suspect that the same clowns who are bashing every move the Pats make would be lauding those moves as the missing piece to a Superbowl run if it were the Bills who made them...

Indeed.

I've watched most every pro game Washington has played in.

He dropped to the 3rd round in 2003 because of a neck injury while at Tennessee. His talent and production said he would have gone higher without the injury concerns.

His playing time was limited - playing behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmanzedeh. He's big (6' 3" 218 lb), fast, has decent moves, is a decent if not spectacular blocker, and does well after a catch, including not shying away from putting a lick on a defender.

Ever arrested? Not to my knowledge. Attitude - a cockiness not uncommon among NFL wideouts.

We'll have to see if he has fully recovered from the bad hamstring he suffered a few games into last season.

I see you're skilled at talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which is it? Still be a good team or sure to be abomination of a 2007 season?

I'll wait and see what your answer is

You misread what I wrote. The Giants are the ones who'll be having the abominational 2007 season. I could see Belichick jumping the Patriot ship to the Giants if all of these FA moves fall flat and they either don't make the playoffs or they get taken out by a young upstart.

I look at the Pats roster and I see a lot of bigtime players in decline. Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel and Brown are ancient. They've also lost a ton of the members from Superbowls past in recent seasons. Think they'd wished they could have a do-over in their decision to let Deon Branch walk? So far they've tried Chad Johnson and this year they're trying Wes Walker, Donte Stallworth, Kelley Washington. That there says how desperate they've become. They're throwing anything up there at wide out and hoping it sticks. Wes will be a gamer, the other two? Not so sure about that.

They're still good but the Pats no longer look frighteningly good anymore, even after these moves.

You misread what I wrote. The Giants are the ones who'll be having the abominational 2007 season. I could see Belichick jumping the Patriot ship to the Giants if all of these FA moves fall flat and they either don't make the playoffs or they get taken out by a young upstart.

I look at the Pats roster and I see a lot of bigtime players in decline. Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel and Brown are ancient. They've also lost a ton of the members from Superbowls past in recent seasons. Think they'd wished they could have a do-over in their decision to let Deon Branch walk? So far they've tried Chad Johnson and this year they're trying Wes Walker, Donte Stallworth, Kelley Washington. That there says how desperate they've become. They're throwing anything up there at wide out and hoping it sticks. Wes will be a gamer, the other two? Not so sure about that.

They're still good but the Pats no longer look frighteningly good anymore, even after these moves.

When did the Pats EVER look "frighteningly" good? They aren't/weren't about beating you with supreme talent, they beat you with strategy and good game planning. Don't get me wrong, they're not devoid of talent, but nobody gets the most out of their players than they do. They are put in position to win. That's coaching.

When did the Pats EVER look "frighteningly" good? They aren't/weren't about beating you with supreme talent, they beat you with strategy and good game planning. Don't get me wrong, they're not devoid of talent, but nobody gets the most out of their players than they do. They are put in position to win. That's coaching.

Well during the Donahoe years it always seemed like the Bills showed up with a stick while the Pats brought a sword. It always seemed to be over before the game started. They may not have been frighteningly good, but compared to us they WERE frightentingly good.

Other than the potential storyline, what gives you the impression that Belichick will go to the Giants? The Patriots future is much brighter than the Giants'.

There are bigtime players in decline on the Pats roster, as is EVERY other roster in the NFL. There are also a good young nucleus of players especially along the O and D Lines.

The Pats were only frighteningly good in 04. Every other year they beat you and left you scratching your head at how you just got beat.

It just seems weird for the Pats to do almost a 180 from what they've prided themselves on. Without Brady who knows what this team would do? He's always found the open guy, no matter who is on the roster. The key to beating them is hammering Brady to the ground and keeping pressure on him all day long. Which nobody seems to be able to do.