Jamal Lewis- still only 27 years old

What the hell, bring him in for a visit. Trade Willis to Baltimore for a 3rd, and draft a running back with one of the 3rd's. You still get a DT and a LB'r in rounds 1 and 2. With this line he might have a pro-bowl year.

Yeah let's run a guy like Willis McGahee out of town because his "bad character" and replace him with a guy who was sporting a longer number and orange uniform (jumpsuit) around this time two years ago.

Character issues aside, I'd also consider that while Lewis is only 27, he also has an awful lot of mileage on him, with about 9,000 total yards as a pro. He hasn't been particularly productive the last three seasons since rushing for 2,000 yards, either, averaging barely half that amount.

Yeah let's run a guy like Willis McGahee out of town because his "bad character" and replace him with a guy who was sporting a longer number and orange uniform (jumpsuit) around this time two years ago.

Character alone won't get him traded but add to that lack of preparation, a lackadaisical attitude and inconsistent effort plus a jerk for an agent and you've got a trade recipe. I don't want to see him traded. I'd like to see Bills management and coaching get Willis on the right track, get him firmly plugged in, fired up and watch him run. The new regime has one year with the guy. Make it work, unless they're convinved that Willis can't/won't.

Character alone won't get him traded but add to that lack of preparation, a lackadaisical attitude and inconsistent effort plus a jerk for an agent and you've got a trade recipe. I don't want to see him traded. I'd like to see Bills management and coaching get Willis on the right track, get him firmly plugged in, fired up and watch him run. The new regime has one year with the guy. Make it work, unless they're convinved that Willis can't/won't.

A perceived lackadaisical attitude by fans. Just because he's not a ra ra in your face on the bench like Thurman was I can't believe Willis is lackaisical in the way he came back from that injury that almost cost him his career. People call his agent a jerk which I fail to understand as Rosenhaus mearly puts it all on the line for his agent if I was a player I'd love him as an agent. I agree with you he should stay and why I used quotes in my description of a bad character. I think it's just he's misunderstood. As think McGahee likes to be in the spotlight but sadly isn't at his best in front of a microphone.

Jamal Lewis has aged about as well as mayo in the sun on a 90 degree day. Seriously, if Jerry Rice were the NFL's Dick Clark then Lewis would have to be John Belushi.

And as far as Rosenhaus is concerned, I dont think its always about going out and doing what he does to get the most for his client, its to get the most for himself. Seriously, theres plenty of agents out there who dont mess around but how many do you see on TV on a regular basis or even ever for that matter?

:lol: But he didn't make any dumb Toronto remarks!

Really though, carries are a lot more important than years re: RB's. Thomas Jones has been around a while but probably hasn't taken the beating Lewis has.

:lol: But he didn't make any dumb Toronto remarks!

Really though, carries are a lot more important than years re: RB's. Thomas Jones has been around a while but probably hasn't taken the beating Lewis has.

Well oddly enough TJ was drafted the exact same year as Jamal, 2 picks after him(picks 6 and 8) of round 1. Only TJ never panned out in Arizona , nor tampa, so hes only spent a total of about 4 years as the feature back. Jamal has spent about 5.5 reallly HARD years, remember the rode him like a horse when he was a rookie and then he had the 2000 yard season, plus he went to jail plus his knees are no good.