Patriots just traded for Moss

:lol: Umm I don't think so...Didn't the Pats just trade away their second round pick for Wes Walker? Maybe you are confusing the story...Anyway there is nothing posted on the Pats Home Page.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=624164

Patriots Trade for Miami WR Wes Walker

The In a trade today with the Miami Dolphins, the New England Patriots acquired restricted free agent WR Wes Welker today in a trade with the Miami Dolphins. Welker, who was tendered by the Dolphins at the mid (2nd round) level, was in Foxborough on Sunday to meet with the team, and possibly sign an offer sheet that was expected to be difficult for the Dolphins to match.

The trade provides Miami with additional compensation they wouldn't have received if Welker signed the offer. Now instead of receiving just a second round pick, Miami will reportedly receive a second and a seventh round pick from New England.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Umm I don't think so...Didn't the Pats just trade away their second round pick for Wes Walker? Maybe you are confusing the story...Anyway there is nothing posted on the Pats Home Page.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=624164

Patriots Trade for Miami WR Wes Walker

The In a trade today with the Miami Dolphins, the New England Patriots acquired restricted free agent WR Wes Welker today in a trade with the Miami Dolphins. Welker, who was tendered by the Dolphins at the mid (2nd round) level, was in Foxborough on Sunday to meet with the team, and possibly sign an offer sheet that was expected to be difficult for the Dolphins to match.

The trade provides Miami with additional compensation they wouldn't have received if Welker signed the offer. Now instead of receiving just a second round pick, Miami will reportedly receive a second and a seventh round pick from New England.

You might want to re-read the original post...

I read it...I know 2008.

Read this....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scor...rs.nfl/?cnn=yes

You'll get the point...

They gave up their 2007 2nd rounder for Welker, and this clown reported the Pats gave up their 2008 2nd rounder for Moss. I'm not sure I follow. Either way, Willis990 has offical reached SORPRANO status in my book.

They gave up their 2007 2nd rounder for Welker, and this clown reported the Pats gave up their 2008 2nd rounder for Moss. I'm not sure I follow. Either way, Willis990 has offical reached SORPRANO status in my book.

At the very least, i hope willis990 got a reacharound from soprano along with this rumor.

There's a big difference between a trade and showing an interest

The Boston Globe reported on the story yesterday and as I recall there was a threat that discussed the Pats interest in Moss

The SI link sources the Globe article so it doesn't shed any light on the Pats interest in Moss

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/...rticleid=186445

Pats show interest in dealing for Moss

By John Tomase

Boston Herald Sports Writer

Monday, March 5, 2007 - Updated: 05:05 AM EST

On the surface, Randy Moss doesn’t seem like a Patriots [team stats] kind of player. He often plays at half-speed and has quit on more than one team.

But Moss is supremely talented, and he’s got something else working in his favor - Bill Belichick apparently loves him.

League sources last night indicated the Patriots coach has long been enamored with the Raiders wide receiver and would welcome the opportunity to bring him to Foxboro for the right price.

Moss is on the block after two disappointing seasons in Oakland. The Raiders have worked on a deal that would send the mercurial wide receiver to Green Bay, with the Packers offering quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the Raiders holding out for a first-round pick, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The Packers don’t seem in much of a rush to pull the trigger, however, which has left an opening for the Pats. A source said Belichick believes he could motivate Moss to play and that he’d have the locker room support system to back him up, thanks to high-character veterans like Tom Brady [stats], Richard Seymour [stats] and Rodney Harrison [stats], among others.

For proof, look no further than Corey Dillon [stats], who arrived in New England with a rap sheet far longer and more serious than Moss’ and yet proved to be a good soldier for virtually his entire tenure with the team.

Moss has traditionally responded better and played harder when surrounded by players he respects, like Cris Carter and Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota.

Word out of Oakland is the 30-year-old wants to play on a contender before his career ends. The Raiders are intent on moving him following a miserable 2006 that saw him post career-worst numbers in receptions (42), yards (553), and touchdowns (three).

“Moss quit on us last year,” a Raiders employee told the Journal Sentinel. “My feeling is he wants to go someplace where they can win. He knows he only has X number of years left and he’s never, ever won at any level.”

Moss clearly represents a gamble. He loafed through much of his tenure in Oakland and experienced his share of disciplinary issues, from possession of marijuana to pretending to moon the crowd at Lambeau Field. His most serious scrape came in 2002 when he tried to make an illegal turn and grazed a traffic cop with his car. He spent a night in jail and was ultimately charged with careless driving.

As twisted as this sounds, those transgressions are relatively minor in an NFL that includes Titans troublemaker Pacman Jones and the majority of the Cincinnati Bengals roster. The Patriots believe they can keep Moss in line, if given the chance.

One issue would be convincing Moss to restructure a contract that calls for $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. The Pats also need to strike a deal with what is considered a rudderless ship in Oakland, thanks to owner Al Davis and a depleted front office.

That’s a lot to overcome, but at the very least, color the Patriots intrigued.

Aw crud.

On the plus side, nothing can ruin a locker room quite like Randy Moss.

This is great. I'm hearing a Patriot collapse in the making. He's like TO's little brother. Not as annoying but that's not saying much. Besides Moss hasn't played all that well these past few years. I'm not scared.

Just heard on Oakland sports radio that The Patriots acquired Randy Moss via trade for a second round pick in 2008.

lol....belichek just sold his soul to the DEVIL! :devil:

does that mean they're gonna cut that receiver with the googley eyes who dropped all those balls in the playoffs?