Thumbs up to the whole Bills staff!

Now that the smoke has cleared I think it’s safe to say that after over 10 years of waiting they have finally addressed the needs of offensive line in total not just a one “player” patch work. Hats off! I look forward to a much improved offense this year. Can’t wait till fall!

Now that the smoke has cleared I think it’s safe to say that after over 10 years of waiting they have finally addressed the needs of offensive line in total not just a one “player” patch work. Hats off! I look forward to a much improved offense this year. Can’t wait till fall!

While the $$$ spent makes me want to believe that there will be a significant improvement in the OL play, I will reserve judgement until the season starts. <_<

While the $$$ spent makes me want to believe that there will be a significant improvement in the OL play, I will reserve judgement until the season starts. :blink:

Are you related to Peter King <_< In his MMQB he was very skeptical...Of course he is a boston homer and was all praise for how the Pats signed to Thomas and Kyle Brady and how fantastic is the deal for Wes Welker....and how we overpaid for above average talent..... <_<

I wouldn't go as far as to call P King's comments on the signings as very skeptical. Not quite in the ball-washing category(Buffalo would have to move to team 8 hours east, and Jauron would have to start wearing hooded sweatshirts for that), but still.

His comment on the Leonard Davis signing, that I would call very skeptical, ouch.

Are you related to Peter King <_< In his MMQB he was very skeptical...Of course he is a boston homer and was all praise for how the Pats signed to Thomas and Kyle Brady and how fantastic is the deal for Wes Welker....and how we overpaid for above average talent..... <_<

Why should I be anything but skeptical? Just because we threw millions of dollars at them means they will be good?

Why should I be anything but skeptical? Just because we threw millions of dollars at them means they will be good?

What a coincidence, your avatar describes my reaction to your post. Every FA pick up is a gamble, you don't know if they will fit well in your system. Now FA may be a little safer than the draft, but there is still some uncertainty. If one of these signing becomes a complete flop, I don't believe you can pin that on Marv. He went out and got 2 solid (based on past performance) OL and addressed a serious need of this team. Of course we will see what happens in the regular season, but if that was everyone's stance there would be no need for this board during the off season!!!

I'm with you on that. If we ask the hypothetical questions of "if you're rebuilding a team from nothing, where do you start? What do you prioritize?", I would answer O-line. Running game depends on it, passing game depends on it, QB performance is linked to it, etc. After all these years to finally address this is fantastic. I personally can't evaluate how good the moves we've made are, but I'm damn glad that it's recognized as a priority.

why wouldnt you be anything but happy and positive? the team is addressing needs at positions we've been begging for for almost 10 years.

sure they could tank, yes its good that authority is questioned in their decisions, no i dont expect anyone to "drink the koolaid" and be talking about a championship. but it seems that the Bills attract fans that like to have something to complain about or naysay just so they can be the first to say "told you so! i am the king of internet cred!"

if you are a Bills fan, you should be happy about last week.

if people dont want to BILL-IEVE than they can go cheer for the Patriots...

(this wasnt all directed only at you Labatt, just generally speaking on the attitude of "fans")

why wouldnt you be anything but happy and positive? the team is addressing needs at positions we've been begging for for almost 10 years.

sure they could tank, yes its good that authority is questioned in their decisions, no i dont expect anyone to "drink the koolaid" and be talking about a championship. but it seems that the Bills attract fans that like to have something to complain about or naysay just so they can be the first to say "told you so! i am the king of internet cred!"

if you are a Bills fan, you should be happy about last week.

if people dont want to BILL-IEVE than they can go cheer for the Patriots...

(this wasnt all directed only at you Labatt, just generally speaking on the attitude of "fans")

I didn't say I wasn't happy. I said I was skeptical. I'm GLAD that they seem to be addressing the OL and with the length of contract they gave these guys, I would hope that they are more of a solution than past years acquisitions.

All I know is that they gave a lot of money to 2 guys whose names don't seem a lot different from Bennie Anderson, Mike Gandy, Chris Villarrial, Tutan Reyes, etc...

I didn't say I wasn't happy. I said I was skeptical. I'm GLAD that they seem to be addressing the OL and with the length of contract they gave these guys, I would hope that they are more of a solution than past years acquisitions.

All I know is that they gave a lot of money to 2 guys whose names don't seem a lot different from Bennie Anderson, Mike Gandy, Chris Villarrial, Tutan Reyes, etc...

Well, to be fair, Gandy did well at Guard, he just flat out sucked at Tackle

Villarrial was just too old, and too injury prone

Reyes was benched due to problems with the coaching staf, when he was on the field, he wasn't horrible, but he wasn't spectacular

Bennie Andreson just flat out sucked, along with Mike Williams

Now the next project is to beef up our run defence. If we allow teams to run over us againnext year, we will NOT be making the playoffs.

Well luckily we're not worried about your perception of their names