Crafty Marv?

I was discussing the McGahee situation with some buddies. We have concluded that there is 1 true reason why the Bills have McGahees name on the trading block. First of all, it was announced during the combine that showed a healthy class of talent with great results. Before the Bills would sign McGahee to an extention, with the Shark as his agent, they want to bring Mr. Hollywood down to earth to show him what he's worth. Mcgahee and Rosenhaus now see he is worth a day 2 pick or possibly a 3rd rounder. The same as Travis Henry. Think about it. The Bills didn't say why they would trade McGahee. They didn't exclude the fact that he might return in a Bill's uniform next year. We think it is a crafty strategy by Marv to show McGahee and hus agent his value before signing him to a long term deal.

I was discussing the McGahee situation with some buddies. We have concluded that there is 1 true reason why the Bills have McGahees name on the trading block. First of all, it was announced during the combine that showed a healthy class of talent with great results. Before the Bills would sign McGahee to an extention, with the Shark as his agent, they want to bring Mr. Hollywood down to earth to show him what he's worth. Mcgahee and Rosenhaus now see he is worth a day 2 pick or possibly a 3rd rounder. The same as Travis Henry. Think about it. The Bills didn't say why they would trade McGahee. They didn't exclude the fact that he might return in a Bill's uniform next year. We think it is a crafty strategy by Marv to show McGahee and hus agent his value before signing him to a long term deal.

good point

He's proved he is an average back to date. Average/good runner, poor pass catching ability and average blocker. I completely agree that the best thing about this is that it shows McGahee and Rosenhaus he is not getting 5M/year. Maybe 2.5-3M/year, plentry of other guys out there as well as the draft that are equal to him.

Yeah, I had the same thought too. He's got his head in the clouds and is expecting a monster deal; this ought to make him much more affordable.

Come on, you don't actually think Marv and Dick are smart enough to try and gain leverage in contract negotiations with a player, do you? Get real. Marv's old and the game has passed him by. Dick is a re-tread has-been coach.

You're obviously mistaken. Please stop starting topics like this so I can more easily find the "this is a mickey mouse organization," "ralph sucks and is cheap," and "how could we let clements and fletcher get away" threads.

He's proved he is an average back to date. Average/good runner, poor pass catching ability and average blocker. I completely agree that the best thing about this is that it shows McGahee and Rosenhaus he is not getting 5M/year. Maybe 2.5-3M/year, plentry of other guys out there as well as the draft that are equal to him.

That's exactly why this scenario, while possible, is unlikely. There really isn't an incentive for the Bills to do this.

Willis McGahee IS an average RB. Why go through this trouble in order to convince an average RB that he's not worth as much as he may think? If he is an average RB, he is replaceable, and in fact, the Bills would probably be looking to upgrade fairly soon anyway.

Good call - I think you are right.

I think he is better than average, and will be a monster once this new OL of ours takes the field. I predict 1700 yds. rushing and 20 TD's this year for Willis

If thats whats going on here, its a job well done by the management. But bringing down McGahee's price range isn't the only thing this accomplishes...now that Willis sees he doesn't have the value he thought he had, he's going to work hard in his upcoming contract year to get that value so he can recieve a big payday next offseason. This insures that we'll get McGahee's best in '07. Get ready to play the Jets 16 times... :blink:

Come on, you don't actually think Marv and Dick are smart enough to try and gain leverage in contract negotiations with a player, do you? Get real. Marv's old and the game has passed him by. Dick is a re-tread has-been coach.

You're obviously mistaken. Please stop starting topics like this so I can more easily find the "this is a mickey mouse organization," "ralph sucks and is cheap," and "how could we let clements and fletcher get away" threads.

Clements hmmmmmm MAYBE 80 MILLION reasons why. Let us see what Mr. McGahee does behind a new formidable line, then tag, trade, dump, whatever him. Maybe his star is just starting to shine.