Are we now playoff bound team?

Just need a CB, RB, and LB but

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES WE ARE! :thumbsup::wallbash:

What do you think?

This team was 28th against the run. Tripplet is too small to be effective. McCargo is useless. I thought Fletcher was

also too small but he is no longer a problem.

Picking up the O-lineman is nice. But unless they play both sides and are run stuffers? The will playoffs remain a pipe dream.

This team was 28th against the run. Tripplet is too small to be effective. McCargo is useless. I thought Fletcher was

Picking up the O-lineman is nice. But unless they play both sides and are run stuffers? The will playoffs remain a pipe dream.

Arent you dead yet?

We don't know if McCargo is useless, obviously. Replacing Fletcher and thus reshuffling the LB core is still a question mark. Tripplet is a 3 Tech. We obviously need a capable 1 tech run stuffer type. Kyle Williams probably is not that answer, although it is a possibility as he gets stronger and gains more experience. McCargo could possibly play 1 tech. But yes, DT is still a big question mark.

Are we a playoff team right now? No, but it is March 3. we may be a playoff team at the end of December. We'll have to wait and see how the other questions marks in certain positions are addressed and how certain younger players develop.

Hahaha yes we were bad at the run last year, but come on. McCargo is useless? You gotta give him a chance first. He was a rookie last year who only played in 5 games before getting hurt.

Now that they have addressed the oline JPL and McGahee or whoever the running back is has to start performing to make this a playoff team. On the other side of the ball I cannot see any improvements that strengthened the run defense and with a porous run defense I can't see the bills making the playoffs.

WE still need a CB, LB, DT, RB, WR, RG, TE

If we do this the rest of the way...I think we are def playoff bound:

Re-sign: Gandy, Kiwaukee, A-Train

Sign FA's: K.Mitchell(LB), R.Smith(DT), Justin Griffith(FB)

Trade: Mcgahee for 3rd(Giants or Broncos)

Draft: M.Lynch(RB), Z.Miller(TE), A.Sears(T/G), M.Thomas(DT), A.Water(LB), T.Duckworth(OG), J.Jones(WR)

QB - JP has what it takes to get us there. Nothing spectacular yet, but he will do.

RB - With the new line, and willis in a contract year, no worries

FB - Need Help!

OL - Very well played Marv!

TE - Royal is sufficient. Though I would like someone to catch a few more passes.

WR - Need a #2 WR

P,K - Good Shape

DT - Need a big body in the middle

LB - Fletch gone. Spikes down or gone, Crowell back. Ellison/Digorgno/???? Need help

DE - Kelsay/Denney/Shobel - Adequate

CB - McGee/Youbooty/YIKES

S - Whitner/Simpson - Like it.

So....

FB, TE, #2WR, DT CB (x2?) & LB

QB - JP has what it takes to get us there. Nothing spectacular yet, but he will do.

RB - With the new line, and willis in a contract year, no worries

FB - Need Help!

OL - Very well played Marv!

TE - Royal is sufficient. Though I would like someone to catch a few more passes.

WR - Need a #2 WR

P,K - Good Shape

DT - Need a big body in the middle

LB - Fletch gone. Spikes down or gone, Crowell back. Ellison/Digorgno/???? Need help

DE - Kelsay/Denney/Shobel - Adequate

CB - McGee/Youbooty/YIKES

S - Whitner/Simpson - Like it.

So....

FB, TE, #2WR, DT CB (x2?) & LB

QB - Yep, J.P. will do.

HB - A-Train could do, but we'll pick someone up

FB - We should get Patrick Pass

OL - Tada!

TE - I like Royal, we will pick someone up though

WR - Lee Evans, Peerless Price, and a great slotter in Reed. We should be alright

ST - Great, as usual

DT - Tripplett is a great 3 tech, but we do need a run stopper.

LB - Was phenomenal, now... nodsomach. Crowell is good, Ellison may surprise again this year, DiGiorgio (it's not delivery) will be cut, and Wire/Haggan/Stamer are good backups/ST'ers... Help.

DE - Great both starter/depth wise (I consider Hargrove/Kelsay/Denney's little switcharoo to be one starting entity, though)

CB - McGee is adequate for a #2, but I still think we bring in a veteran #1 reciever to help Ashton get time to learn the system. Kiwaukee is a great nickel guy, and Greer is... subpar but works in the dime.

S - Absolutely love the guys back there.

IMO, we REALLY need a FB, DT, and 2 LBs.

At the moment, no. They have too many needs.

Assuming McGahee is on the way out the door, they've got major problems in the offensive backfield. They'd have no FB, and Josh Reed would probably be the best RB left on the roster, even though he's a WR. Ouch. RB appears to be a critical need on this team.

CB, LB and DT are major potential problem areas as well, though Youboty and McCargo do give cause for some degree of optimism at CB and DT. We might also be OK at LB if Crowell can play the middle. But none of this is to say they don't need major help at these three positions.

Down the list, WR and TE also give me a little cause for concern. The Bills have average starters filling those positions, but on a weak offense, those guys are actually part of the problem. RG isn't any better. Still, I don't expect the Bills to do much, if anything to upgrade these this offseason.

The good news is that they'll probably be competitive. Quality LBs and CBs shouldn't be too tough to find in the 2nd-4th round area. The problem will be filling the needs at RB and DT in a draft that appears to be weak at both positions outside of the top two prospects at each.

No thoughts on the Bills run defense? I didn't think so. :thumbsup:

The question wasn't about the run defense, but your ability to still draw breath.

Yes the run defense is horrid still. But I'm not counting out McCargo until after this season, or another injury. We can still address the D in the draft and as far as I know Kawika Mitchell is still available at MLB and should be our main focus right now. Plus you never know who's gonna be looking for work after the June cuts. lets not count out this team in early March.

The question wasn't about the run defense, but your ability to still draw breath.

Yes the run defense is horrid still. But I'm not counting out McCargo until after this season, or another injury. We can still address the D in the draft and as far as I know Kawika Mitchell is still available at MLB and should be our main focus right now. Plus you never know who's gonna be looking for work after the June cuts. lets not count out this team in early March.

You failed to read the initial question. Are the Bills "now" a playoff team. Which is what my response was based on. Today March 3rd the Bills defense is not as good as it was at the end of the 2006 season. They have lost some major pieces.

Even if Marv Levy has a great off season he may not be able to fill every Bills need. I would think you agree that the after O-line the run defense is the Bills greatest concern. I'm not sure if the answers to these concerns are even available in free agency or the draft.

the bills need to make improvements, yes, but last year was the 'new' defensive scheme.. give it time. Be a fan, not a fagg.

How can anyone compete with such intelligent responses as this. Who knew Tim Hardaway was such a big Bills fan. :thumbsup: