Are we now playoff bound team?

The Colts didn't need a superb run defence to get to the playoffs

I think now the focus shifts to the defence. As it stands right now, if these linemen are worth half of what they are going to be earning, the offence is enough to get them into the playoffs. If Willis is dealt, another RB will be needed, but thats it. They really like what they see in Royal and have said they didn't use him to his full potential because most of the time he was being used as an extra blocker. they will not be looking for a TE right now. As for WR, they are also content with what they have now, I can only see them replacing one if one leaves (like if Davis is signed somewhere else). marv said in his Press Conference that they would only go out and get one if one dropped intotheir laps at the draft. Doesn't looklike receivers are on their radar. If JP' play improves, and Royal gets more tosses, there won't be a need for more WR's

I think yet again for the second year in a row, Defence will be the main focus of this draft. CB, LB, and DT will all be priorities. Marv has already expressed concerns about the D's ability to stop the run and knows its needed. They already need replacements for Nate and Fletcher, and its looking like the draft will be used for theat. Plus with McCargo coming back, and Youbouty having a full training camp to prepare, it will be like having 2 new players on this team next year.

Does this team make the playoffs as it stands right now, they will probably be on the brink going into the final weeks, but will be fighting and requiring some breaks to get in. After the draft and seeing a bit of camp, I think barring injuries it could definitly be a wild card team.

I'm not sure if the answers to these concerns are even available in free agency or the draft.

Now, you've really lost me. Where do we find the answers if not in FA or the draft? Space Aliens? Clearly I'm being fecetious, but really what do you suggest if we don't have players on the team good enough, we can't sign FAs that are good enough, and we can't draft players that are good enough?

You failed to read the initial question. Are the Bills "now" a playoff team. Which is what my response was based on. Today March 3rd the Bills defense is not as good as it was at the end of the 2006 season. They have lost some major pieces.

Even if Marv Levy has a great off season he may not be able to fill every Bills need. I would think you agree that the after O-line the run defense is the Bills greatest concern. I'm not sure if the answers to these concerns are even available in free agency or the draft.

LOL you didnt really read my initial response did you. I at no time stated that the bills were or were not a playoff team. All I asked was, "Aren't you dead yet?"

And for the record I still can't tell if you're actually breathing or just spewing post-mordem gases

Now, you've really lost me. Where do we find the answers if not in FA or the draft? Space Aliens? Clearly I'm being fecetious, but really what do you suggest if we don't have players on the team good enough, we can't sign FAs that are good enough, and we can't draft players that are good enough?

Plenty of time to fill out the roster before opening day, but at that time, every team in the league thinks they're a playoff team. The Bills to their credit have made an aggressive move to fix what looked like they're weakest area last season. Let's see what they do on the defensive side. LB looks thin to me. I'm not sold on any of them other than Crowell unless Spikes can regain his old form.