ok so our line problems are solved... just 3 pieces left!!&#3

in my mind our line woes are gone.. as a bills fan im excited for that.. but there are three more aquisitions bills need to make 2007 a 10 win season

Free Agency- cato june becuase he fits the scheme and will be more affordable then porter and thomas

Draft

round 1- leon hall (best cb in draft maybe will have us saying "Nate who?")

round 2- Quinn Pitcock (3rd best DT in draft might make it to pick 44, can someone tell me why we offered anderson a tender?)

would anyone else be satisfied?

in my mind our line woes are gone.. as a bills fan im excited for that.. but there are three more aquisitions bills need to make 2007 a 10 win season

Free Agency- cato june becuase he fits the scheme and will be more affordable then porter and thomas

Draft

round 2- Quinn Pitcock (3rd best DT in draft might make it to pick 44, can someone tell me why we offered anderson a tender?)

Who is gonna run the ball? Still have to get a back

Draft

I do think we take a CB on the first day, but I think we take Fletcher'sx replacement at #12 and take Patrick Willis. He was a leader of his defense, won the Butkus award on a bad football team in the hardest college football conference in the nation, and he comes from humble roots. This will be Dick Jauron's "Brian Urlacher".

Then I think in the 2nd round, you take the highest rated CB/RB/DT.

I think the Bills are finished with major acquisitions in FA. As for the draft, I would take a different approach.

1) RB Marshawn Lynch, California

2) ILB David Harris, Michigan

3) CB Fred Bennett, South Carolina

3) OG Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech (expected pick for trading McGahee)

4) RB Dwayne Wright, Fresno State

Most will immediately notice that this draft lacks a DT. I think this is a very weak year at the position and do not advocate drafting a DT just for the sake of drafting a DT. Branch and Okoye are the only two I feel would make any real impact.

Given that, I would direct this draft toward maximizing all aspects of the Bills own running game. To that end, I would draft Marshawn Lynch at 12 (assuming the character issues check out; I think they will) with Ramirez as a run blocking RG prospect. Wright gives them a quality #2. Ideally, I'd like to see them sign a FA #2 RB, however. Meanwhile, Harris gives them a quality MLB prospect, while Bennett competes with Youboty, Greer and Thomas (if re-signed) for the #2 CB spot.

Draft

and a Rb. Could be a 3rd round guy.

Draft

I dont think the offensive line is solved....who is playing RG? is it Preston? ...Walker isnt a top RT either, hopefully he will live up to his contract

I think the left side is solved and the right side is still a bit of a question mark

Draft

We applied for a relatively cheap insurance policy against the remote possibility of Niagra Falls moving upstream and settling on OBD.

He was tendered, not signed. Marv's FA signings are in-your-face statements about the current players' relative worth to this franchise. I believe Marv also thinks he can get more for his $6million per year from someone or ones other than Spikes.

i realize he was tendered, however doesn't that mean if no other teams offer him anything more the our 850k tender were kinda stuck with him unless we cut him at camp?

And that's a problem exactly because... ?

I dont think the offensive line is solved....who is playing RG? is it Preston? ...Walker isnt a top RT either, hopefully he will live up to his contract

I think the left side is solved and the right side is still a bit of a question mark

I hope we resign Gandy and move him to RG. He didn't play too bad at LG and I think he'll be a good fit. Like I've said numerous times before: you can't have a Pro Bowler at every position!

The tender is nothing more than a placeholder for a daft choice. If someone gives him a contract I seriously doubt we would even consider matching it no matter how low. We would simply bank the draft choice. At this time of year a lot of moves are simply to keep your options open. If we dart OKobi then Anderson is camp fodder at best. If we don't land one of the DT's then he still stands a better than 75% chance of not aking it through the summer. Hargrove, jason Jefferson ( whoe seemed to play well the last 2 games) win the battle. Right now the Offensive line is coming together with last years rookies becoming young battle tested rookies. The offensive line takes more time than most positions so bringing in battle tested 3-5 year guys makes sense to me. Bring on Brian Leonard in the third round !!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly id just rather see him out the door now.. lets hope he gets an offer from another team (which you know isn't going to happen)

I'll tell you what.

I'll make sure Marv knows that he can keep him on the team, as long as he promises not to send you Anderson's training table meal bill.

How's that – Fair?

Sounds fair to me.

Now that we've addressed the OL in Free Agency, I can see now why DJ talked about defense in the draft. I'd like to see Okoye in Round 1 and then perhaps a LB in round 2. Linebackers are more important in the Cover 2 than CB's. It would be nice to get a WR in a draft where this position is deep, but that's a want and not as much a need.

DJ is a defense first type coach. Last I think he carried a lot of weight in Marv's decision to go with the picks they did. I think the same holds true this season. I don't see them going offense until the 3rd round. Of course, a lot of that depends on if they add picks in Rounds 2 or 3.

you're kidding yourself if you think Willis will be on this team next year

Why, because some at TSW have been so quick to ride him out of town with rampant speculation? Some folks take a little soundbite out of context, interpret it with their own bias, and run with it as if it were fact, then the lemmings jump on board?

With no viable FA options, and so many other needs to fill on the other side of the ball in the draft, it makes no sense to let him go at this time and open another hole that needs to be addressed. After the investment made in the OL, you wouldn't get much return on that investment by downgrading your RB. Let him play out his contract, draft a RB after other needs are taken care of on D, and then see where we are after the season. You may just want him back. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. As some wise waller once said: Wait. Watch. Judge.