Breathtaking

Langston Walker is an absolute JOKE. The guy is as stiff as an 800 year old oak tree. Why in the world would we pay up for Walker when we have a better athlete in Pennington just beginning to get it down?

Dockery is OK. I would have been calm had it been in the 2-3 mil per year range. Paying Dockery a contract like Steve Hutchinson is just plain pathetic.

Jauron may have played football in the Ivy League, but somehwere, at some point, too many knocks on the head got to him...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The cap is about 30% higher than last year... so, all contracts will be about 30% inflated... besides why do you care as long as we're under the cap. And where else would you rather spend the money... Thus far what has transpired in free agency so far points towards a Draft that is very heavy in defense once again. Bye the way, what Nate got was rediculous

For the prices you want to pay the Bills wouldn't have been able to sign any decent players. Salaries this year are going up drastically and in order to sign quality players a team is going to have to "overpay" for them by yesterday's standards.

Langston Walker is an absolute JOKE. The guy is as stiff as an 800 year old oak tree. Why in the world would we pay up for Walker when we have a better athlete in Pennington just beginning to get it down?

Dockery is OK. I would have been calm had it been in the 2-3 mil per year range. Paying Dockery a contract like Steve Hutchinson is just plain pathetic.

Jauron may have played football in the Ivy League, but somehwere, at some point, too many knocks on the head got to him...

You are correct sir on both points!

Walker was a huge joke for the Raiders.

And "Paying Dockery a contract like Steve Hutchinson is just plain pathetic."

Agreed. Bills have severely overpaid.

I love Marv as a person, but after last years draft, after letting both Nate and London get away with nothing in return, and after overpaying for these guys, I am getting concerned.

I love Marv as a person, but after last years draft, after letting both Nate and London get away with nothing in return, and after overpaying for these guys, I am getting concerned.

Well, we'll get compensatory picks for London and Nate... next year...

I don't know much about Walker but Dockery is one of the best young Guards in the league. He's known as a mauler, a guy that thrives in the running game but he's also a hell of a pass blocker. He's started 61 games in the past 4 years and been credited with only 13.75 sacks total.

A great stat site

I don't know much about Walker but Dockery is one of the best young Guards in the league. He's known as a mauler, a guy that thrives in the running game but he's also a hell of a pass blocker. He's started 61 games in the past 4 years and been credited with only 13.75 sacks total.

A great stat site

Indeed, and Mark Brunell never got rid of the ball while hurried....

Want to assess an OL's ability to pass block?

A: don't watch. Just check his "sacks allowed" stat and parrot that.

Dockery is a decent player. He does have some run blocking talent. He can be beaten by quicker DTs. He is no way "a hell of a pass blocker." He is a marginal pass blocker.

You're serious aren't you.

We just signed some great players here. I smell playoffs.

Everything I have read (but not seen, haven't seen a Skins game in years) indicates that Dockery will be a huge addition and was just barely below Blalock and Deilman. I am very happy with this, and this is not Hutchinson money unfortunately, not with inflation. A lot has changed this year with the cap changes, and while it isn't exactly saying Niefi Perez's contract is bigger than Willie Mays, the numbers need to be adjusted mentally. This seems like a good way to spend our available funds based on what is out there and our needs.

Walker is a little more confusing to me, but to spend that kind of money Dick and McNally must have decided that he is clearly better than Pennington/Butler. I trust their judgement much much more than mine, but will remain a little leary until I see him play well. Keep in mind we never ran to the right and Pennington always had blocking help, so it might just be that Terrance is not as good as we had hoped.

Indeed, and Mark Brunell never got rid of the ball while hurried....

Want to assess an OL's ability to pass block?

A: don't watch. Just check his "sacks allowed" stat and parrot that.

Dockery is a decent player. He does have some run blocking talent. He can be beaten by quicker DTs. He is no way "a hell of a pass blocker." He is a marginal pass blocker.

I've watched Dockery play plenty. I can sit here and say how I think he's done a hell of a job all night but I also like to back it up with a little info. Thanks for trying though.

Who doesn't get overpayed in FA? I'd rather give a real good guard who will vastly improve what has been a PATHETIC offensive line for 10 years a big contract than sit around and watch other teams sign good lineman like last year. Kudos to Marv. You want to win or do you want Bennie Anderson again?

You guys!! to analytical!! :P:lol::wallbash:

marv is a genius and we all know that. if i were to trust anyone in this league to make good decisions it would be him.. and for those of you down on his draft from last year,.,..... your fvcking idiots.... we had the best draft in the league PERIOD.. ask vic carucci or anyone who knows football for that matter.

:lol: marv

Yeah, Those !@#$ing Longhorn linemen suck!!!!!!1111111111111111111111

You guys!! to analytical!! :devil::wallbash::wallbash:

marv is a genius and we all know that. if i were to trust anyone in this league to make good decisions it would be him.. and for those of you down on his draft from last year,.,..... your fvcking idiots.... we had the best draft in the league PERIOD.. ask vic carucci or anyone who knows football for that matter.

:worthy: marv

Yeah, that trade up for McCargo was just brilliant. Taking a safety in the top 10, absolutely Einsteinian. Brad Butler was like Boselli. Kyle Williams was better than McCargo. Someone here actually said that on Draft weekend. Anyone remember who that was?

Yeah, that trade up for McCargo was just brilliant. Taking a safety in the top 10, absolutely Einsteinian. Brad Butler was like Boselli. Kyle Williams was better than McCargo. Someone here actually said that on Draft weekend. Anyone remember who that was?

Cliq hER

Why are you busting people's chops? Seriously. Even an NFL plebeian like myself knows all you're trying to do is ruffle the feathers of the easily ruffled. I can appreciate the fun of shooting fish in a barrel, but please...don't make a mockery of the board for your own juvenile amusement.

Grow up. Take it elsewhere. Billzone has pretty pictures for your to look at. But please...give up the Ice Capades. (Pun fully intended.)

the first few posts about these signings are the real joke.

contracts went up 20%, easily, thanks to the new cap. Big contracts everywhere you look. HUGE money this year if you're a free agent. Did anyone hear about the contract that FULLBACK Ovie Mughelli (sp?) received? I won't even give you the numbers cuz you won't believe it. Look it up. And remember, he's a FUGGIN FULLBACK. Most money paid to a fullback, ever. By a long, wide margin.

And you absolutely CANNOT judge walker by what he did last season. That coaching staff was a joke. Their OC was 10 years out of the league, having spent his time in the B&B business. They couldn't protect because their scheme was a mess, their coaching was horrid and out of date, and there was no want-to anywhere on the team, and no chemistry and nothing to fight for. You could have put 5 probowlers on that team and they would have been turnstiles.

Wait. Watch. Judge.

Well, we'll get compensatory picks for London and Nate... next year...

Wrong. We've signed 3 FA's and lost 2...no comp picks. But, as an NFL expert/astute GM-in-training, I'm shocked you didn't know that. Click.