Fletcher Signs with Washington Redskins

Too bad for London. That is just about the last team I would want to end up on, and that is not that great of money. Oh, and the way Snyder works, he will be asking F-B to take a pay cut by mid-season to make room for signing more big name old guys.

Here we go.

The Bills may need to trade down and settle for playing a rookie like Willis as our starter at MLB. Let's hope his learning curve is short and not too painful.

Ellison's wasn't that bad...and he was a 2nd day pick. I'm sure Willis would be fine considering our rookies performed admirably last year. Whose to say WIllis wouldn't?

What's the big fuggin' deal? This guy couldn't even make the Pro Bowl! (that was for you, Fezmid)

Washington -- where former studs are put out to pasture.

Thanks for your time here, Fletch.

I have to Billieve the Bills have a solid plan to let London escape that cheaply.

I don't think the problem was the money, but the contract length. Despite my display name, I'm thinking its a bad idea for a Tampa 2 team (with its stress on speed) to be giving a 5-year deal to a 32 year old middle linebacker. I think he'd be a Bill if he wanted to sign a 3 year, $15 million deal. Time to say so long to London as I wonder who on this defense will replace his leadership. Looks like our MLB next year is either Patrick Willis or Angelo Crowell.

I don't think the problem was the money, but the contract length. Despite my display name, I'm thinking its a bad idea for a Tampa 2 team (with its stress on speed) to be giving a 5-year deal to a 32 year old middle linebacker. I think he'd be a Bill if he wanted to sign a 3 year, $15 million deal. Time to say so long to London as I wonder who on this defense will replace his leadership. Looks like our MLB next year is either Patrick Willis or Angelo Crowell.

That is a good point. Of course, the Deadskins sign plenty of long contracts but always rip them up long before they are played out.

Now that he is reunited with Greggo you will see him be a stupid player again. He will be kicking balls off the field and taking bad penalties and not being a godd leader, which I think he was last year.

This is the one I am sorry to see go.

I have London's jersey. I always thought he was a solid player...a Cleveland guy, went to John Carroll, has a Super Bowl ring from the Rams...and now he's a Deadskin.

But, I have to believe that there is a plan here. Since Fletcher is going to be 32 this year, this was probably his last shot at a big contract...so he went for the most money.

Too bad. I would have liked for him to come back home to Cleveland, but the Brownies never even made a play for him.

Living in VA., I happened to listen to the John Riggins radio show last week and they were very unhappy that Greggo was going after London!

The big knock was that he's (London) now 3 years older than Gregg remembers and at 32 there's not much upside left.

For what it's worth nobody on the show was very impressed with Gregg or his actual "genius" performance.

Sounded real familiar to me! <_<