Offensive Line Upgrades?

Frez

Tell me why these offensive lineman are so good? Why are they not the next Joe Panos and Bennie Anderson's?

Please convince me.......... :P

I'd rather convict ya....of football insanity!

Only time will give you the answer to that. I think what people are happy about is the first real demonstration in a long time of Bills management addressing the offensive line. Think of it, THREE offensive lineman signed in the very first day of free agency. Shocking. So five years down the road, we may be saying that Marv and Co. sucked at evaluating talent, but we won't be saying that they ignored the line.

Hey if you read my post you know I'm no blue sky fan- but Dockery is a good player- Whittle is a backup and is being paid as such- Langston Walker is the guy I think might be a mistake, thats a lot of money to pay for a guy who might not be much of a upgrade over Pennington.

Competition and options.

Certainly in Andersons case and in the most part in Panos case, these players came in with little real competition and thus few options if they did not play their best ball (Anderson) or suffered injury problems. While, we can still probably use another G, there is now a veritable logjam of competitive Ts at the Pennongton level of reasonable past play but the winner will be the player who excels. At OG, Dockery is a multi-year full season starter who appears to be a solid lock at starter compared to the other players who actually do have some starter experience also at G.

This easily seems to be an upgrade one can feel hopeful about unless you are the type of person who prefers not to be hopeful about your team. To each his own.

Tell me why these offensive lineman are so good? Why are they not the next Joe Panos and Bennie Anderson's?

Dumb question. What could anyone say to prove these guys are good? You just have to believe that Marv & Co know what they're doing...or like you, figure that they don't.

PTR

Here is one reason: The Bills have spent the last two full months evaluating their team and evaluating the available players. They talked a lot between all the coaches and scouts and watched a lot of films. They targeted three guys to bring in day one, only brought them in, and didn't let any of them leave, paying the two main guys more money than were predicted to be paid. They must have loved these guys. Panos was signed a few days into free agency and especially Bennie Anderson were not nearly the same scenario.

... or Tutan Reyes. I don't know. It does concern me that we've signed an offensive tackle from the Oakland Raiders. I don't remember Andrew Walter, or Marquis Tuiososopo or Aaron Brooks tearing through NFL Defenses last year. LaMont Jordan wasn't a barn burner either next year.

Here is what the Redskins message board had to say about Dockery:

Pretty complimentative and they are sad to see an intrical part of their OL go.

I was checking that board out myself and it tells one all there is to know. He was their biggest priority to get signed in the offseason and they lost him and boy are they disappointed about it in hog heaven.

Here is what the Redskins message board had to say about Dockery:

Pretty complimentative and they are sad to see an intrical part of their OL go.

That's what I wanted to see. I guess he's a player that has not hit his full potential yet.

I get a kick out of the fellow posters who think they are already hall of fame players because WE signed them.

Can they play or not? I guess hearing from what other fans have seen from their former player counts for something. I remember seeing the Ravens message board about Bennie Anderson. Bennie was called the "revolving door".

... or Tutan Reyes. I don't know. It does concern me that we've signed an offensive tackle from the Oakland Raiders. I don't remember Andrew Walter, or Marquis Tuiososopo or Aaron Brooks tearing through NFL Defenses last year. LaMont Jordan wasn't a barn burner either next year.

another bum................. :P

Because one guy can block all on his own. :P

I guess the Bills should have just kept busy signing linebackers and cover 2 corners. Jesus Christ I just don't know what move would ever satisfy everyone on this board.

There are two additional moves that would satisfy me.

1.- Keep Wilis McGahee---Finally he will have a line to open holes for him. He will not need to dance around in the backfield anymore :P:lol:

2- Keep Takeo Spikes----Why completely decimate our LB corp. It takes two years to fully recover from an achilles tear. We need to give him that chance. We do not need cap room. Why get rid of TKO?????? :wallbash::lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Go Sabres!!!!

The 49ers could be saying the same thing--they just paid a CB who has never been voted to a pro bowl 80M over 8 years. And a guy a season ago looked like he was on a downslide until the last 8 games of this year. So in reality nobody knows right now. Foxsports was calling Dockery the 5th best free agent and The Bills got him! Do you recall people writing less than 12 hrs ago on this board the Bills would not sign a single FA ranked in the top 50? I do. So they addressed big needs with guys who have started in this league. They also added depth. Overall on day one you've got to call it a good day for the Bills.