Ricky Williams?

I understand that Ricky Williams is fully intent on making a comeback to the NFL and is cooperating with the NFL's drug testing lab and plans to file an appeal soon for reinstatement soon.

He had a mediocre CFL season last year plagued by injury. From the games I saw him in; Ricky Williams still turned the corner way too fast for a man his size which impressed me, especially live. Yet his statistics in the games he was healthy for were poor (4.8 avg anything under 5 in the cfl is generally considered a disappointment) this could be do to that fact the ARGOS had a notoriously poor running game, characterized by a bad o-line and poor schemes but it could be signal of his decline as a running back. His competitor and replacement was John Avery a former 1st rd NFL pick, XFL star and CFL veteran who averaged 0.5 more yards per carry than Ricky this year. Lastly I would add the CFL running game is a lot different from the NFLs and perhaps Ricky was ill-suited for that style of play.

I guess my question would be, what his deal? can he only comeback and play? or is it only for the Dolphins? if it was possible would it worth the risk for the Bills to sign him (they could use depth at RB and there is the simplistic Toronto Buffalo connection)? does he have anything left in tank? does he even want to play football or does he simply see it as a was to "get payed" since he forfeited so much money when he walked out on the team?

I understand that Ricky Williams is fully intent on making a comeback to the NFL and is cooperating with the NFL's drug testing lab and plans to file an appeal soon for reinstatement soon.

He had a mediocre CFL season last year plagued by injury. From the games I saw him in; Ricky Williams still turned the corner way too fast for a man his size which impressed me, especially live. Yet his statistics in the games he was healthy for were poor (4.8 avg anything under 5 in the cfl is generally considered a disappointment) this could be do to that fact the ARGOS had a notoriously poor running game, characterized by a bad o-line and poor schemes but it could be signal of his decline as a running back. His competitor and replacement was John Avery a former 1st rd NFL pick, XFL star and CFL veteran who averaged 0.5 more yards per carry than Ricky this year. Lastly I would add the CFL running game is a lot different from the NFLs and perhaps Ricky was ill-suited for that style of play.

I guess my question would be, what his deal? can he only comeback and play? or is it only for the Dolphins? if it was possible would it worth the risk for the Bills to sign him (they could use depth at RB and there is the simplistic Toronto Buffalo connection)? does he have anything left in tank? does he even want to play football or does he simply see it as a was to "get payed" since he forfeited so much money when he walked out on the team?

My "hunch" tells me he will be playing for the Broncos this year.

My hunch

My hunch

My hunch

My hunch..........

You make a interesting post with Ricky.

Bills RB?

Pro: Ricky Loves Toronto (close)

Ricky has a new baby with his girlfriend in Toronto

Ricky wasn't treated as the go to guy by a pass 1st, ask questions later offensive co-ordinator (got fired late in season)

Ricky would like playing for a GM like Marv

Con: Ricky busted 4 times for weed

Ricky still on hook for some of the 8 million dollar bonus after he "retired"

Miami would need compensation (draft picks?)

Anything can happen!

Wow. I really don't have the same negative feelings toward wacky wicky. I think he's a helluva runningback and when he was playing us, he scared the daylights out of me. He played better than ronny brown did when the two of them were together. He's starting to get old (injuries too), but he'd be a spectacular 2nd runningback.

I'd love to have him as one of our runningbacks. Yes he's a little weird, but he works hard and runs hard.

Gimmie.

I woudl rather he just leave the AFC. I do not think the stinkin' fish will get any type of compensation for him. If he makes it through the NFL review board and is reinstated, I think Miami will just release him. He may go sign with da Raiders or something.