anyone familiar with .RAR files and glueing them?

The Poojer

I glued two extracted rar(or i guess AVI files after they unpacked), the resulting glueing gives me a file called "Combined", i cannot tell what the format is for that combined file, but I would love to see i can convert that to a single video file...can anyone help? or is the combined file already a video file?

I use NewzTools RAR program, i should note that the 2 files were bittorrent and downloaded as CD1 and CD2, both of which contained RAR files of the same larger file. I unpacked them, CD1 seperately and CD2 seperately and subsequently had 2 AVI files..from there I "glued" the 2 Avi files in attempts to make one contiguous file...now I would like to know if I can convert that large Combined file to an actual video file..sorry if this was an important part i forgot to mention earlier

Or Try WinRaR

Not that I'm helping matters any, but 1st I assume you're using WinDoze.

Am I correct in that the only way that Windoze determines what type of file something is is by its extension, i.e. a video AVI file will be named Filename.AVI?

That's primarily just a question, but if you think it's an AVI file, you can try renaming it and you'll be all set. Of course combining multiple video files is likely more difficult as each file likely has a header in it's composition.

I use NewzTools RAR program, i should note that the 2 files were bittorrent and downloaded as CD1 and CD2, both of which contained RAR files of the same larger file. I unpacked them, CD1 seperately and CD2 seperately and subsequently had 2 AVI files..from there I "glued" the 2 Avi files in attempts to make one contiguous file...now I would like to know if I can convert that large Combined file to an actual video file..sorry if this was an important part i forgot to mention earlier

Just sign up for this service and you can get those video files much easier.

Erm, you tried to combine 2 AVI files, not 2 RAR files if what you just said above was correct.

AVI files contain header information which will cause everything to get !@#$ed up if not joined properly.

Do this to join AVI files