6 month old daughter sick for first time

HelloNewman

My little peanut has come down with a cold for the first time in her life.....a cold. The snot in her nose is out of control but no coughing....just a lot of nose snot and a little grumpiness....we will do the vaproizer in her room with menthol additive. Any parents have suggestion to help the little one get through this? Thanks for your help in advance

its a cold, let it run its course....nothing much you can do for it

My little peanut has come down with a cold for the first time in her life.....a cold. The snot in her nose is out of control but no coughing....just a lot of nose snot and a little grumpiness....we will do the vaproizer in her room with menthol additive. Any parents have suggestion to help the little one get through this? Thanks for your help in advance

I'm no expert by any means but I also have a young daughter, 10 almost 11 months. Keep a close watch on her temperature and keep in contact with your pediatrician. They'll have suggestions that will be much better than anything I or anyone else here can give you. She'll be fine just make sure you pay close attention.

Prayers for your little one.

:lol:

The Real

If you haven't already talked to your pediatrician about this, consider a "snot sucker" which is a rubber bulb with a plastic tip. When in place you squeeze the bulb and the snots collect in the tip. Saline drops can also be helpful. When our daughter was about 8 mos, we thought she came down with a cold but she gradually developed difficulty breathing, and developed croup. Just remember to contact with your pediatrician.

we thought she came down with a cold but she gradually developed difficulty breathing, and developed croup.

My sister had that a lot when she was a baby. I remember going to the hospital at least once or twice. :lol:

CW

Only 2 things I know of to help a little one that small - neither is s sure thing but they can really help:

-Humidifier - keeping the air really moist does wonders for keeping little noses unstuffed

-Saline drops - they hate them, but they often times can clear a stuffed nose in the middle of the night and allow everyone to get back to sleep.

Good luck!

Be responsible parents and stop dumping off an infant into "Drop-A-Tot" venues?

No. I was a child with 4 siblings with a Father who died young. Do you imply that I know nothing about children, or being one?

If so, that would be like thinking that if one's arm is gashed, one should not stanch it...not being a medical doctor...

I was definitely implying that you shouldn't be responding to HelloNewman's post if you are not a parent, especially since he asked if any parents have any suggestions to help his child get through the cold. I'm sure you have experience with children, and I'm sure a lot of people do, but he wasn't asking for advice about general ways to improve your child's upbringing. Nowhere in his post did he mention anything about how the child was or was not in day care. You just wanted an opportunity to complain about how parents are passing the buck by having day cares raise their kids. This generalized complaint about child rearing had absolutely nothing to do with how the child caught the cold and it certainly didn't have anything to do with how HelloNewman was going to improve his child's condition.

I've never been golfing, but I have played a lot of miniature golf. Does that mean I am qualified to give people advice on buying a driver? If you are such an expert on children, why the heck didn't you just give the guy advice on how to handle the cold?

I was definitely implying that you shouldn't be responding to HelloNewman's post if you are not a parent, especially since he asked if any parents have any suggestions to help his child get through the cold. I'm sure you have experience with children, and I'm sure a lot of people do, but he wasn't asking for advice about general ways to improve your child's upbringing. Nowhere in his post did he mention anything about how the child was or was not in day care. You just wanted an opportunity to complain about how parents are passing the buck by having day cares raise their kids. This generalized complaint about child rearing had absolutely nothing to do with how the child caught the cold and it certainly didn't have anything to do with how HelloNewman was going to improve his child's condition.

I've never been golfing, but I have played a lot of miniature golf. Does that mean I am qualified to give people advice on buying a driver? If you are such an expert on children, why the heck didn't you just give the guy advice on how to handle the cold?

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=58782&hl=

Do your homework.