Press Conference

firstngoal

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Nothing better than the traditional "you live in an igloo" slam from another wannabe retard. You've got so little game for someone so arrogant.

Yeah, I'm needy. That's why I come here looking for validation and hoping everyone will be "scared" of my opinion.

Stop it. You're frightening me.

I think you've nailed it, I'm strongly reconsidering my season tickets at this point.

I would go ahead and renew my season's tickets.....I did. I'm certainly not going to base my decision on a factless conference where generalizations was king. The Bills have some positives going for them.......Evans is hitting his prime, we have a competent coaching staff, we appear to have a QB, the team is still very young and showed some good things last year.....etc.....

One thing I'm tickled to death with is that a Buffalo GM finally said our offensive line is the number one priority.......FINALLY!!! It only took you 13 years to admit that.......

Action's speak louder than words and I will reserve judgement until the off-season is done.......right now I'm not all that optimistic about a playoff spot, but I'm at least I'm optimistic.

With all the ineptitude we've seen in Bills management and team performance it's very easy to get into that resigned and cynical mindset and quite frankly I don't blame the folks that do. I'd just caution everybody to use facts instead of opinions when you evaluate the Bills off-season.

Cheers

The fact that you support deluca speaks volumes about you. I'm guessing you'll start linking his posts as "credible sources"

My point--which apparently sailed right over your ugly head--is that you don't have the standing to throw insults at anyone on these boards.

As far as DeLuca, many of the points he raises are valid. But he'd be better served to present them in a less black-and-white manner. Take Marv's free agent signings. None of them have turned into anything better than quality backups/stopgap starters; which DeLuca correctly pointed out. But because DeLuca didn't immediately dwell on the positive side of those free agents (youth, they provide good depth, low salaries), his posts were dismissed as part of an anti-Marv crusade.

DeLuca's not perfect, but he at least tries to contribute to intelligent discussions (albeit in a very opinionated way). You, on the other hand, spend your time calling people idiots. If I had to put one or the other of you on ignore, it'd be an easy call. And it wouldn't be DeLuca.

Ok we played playoff teams 6 times counting the Patsies in 2006.

Actually, we played "8" teams. The Jets made the playoffs.

In 2007 we could will be playing as many as 12 playoff teams (if you count the Pats and Jets that's 4 teams). We also have Cincy, Dallas, Denver and Baltimore at Home plus Philly, Wash who will be much improved and tough at home, Jacksonviile super tough at home and Pittsburgh looking to bounce back and another toughie on the schedule. 12 Playoff teams is twice the amount we played last season according to my math.

Based on last years records, the Bills are about to play 7 playoff teams.

But that is based on last years records.

You saying the Bills could be playing 12 playoff teams this upcoming year can easily be countered by me saying the Bills could be playing 4 playoff teams: Pats (twice), Baltimore and Philly. The rest are nobodies.

Cincy - despite all the hoopla surrounding Carson Palmer and Marvin Lewis, failed to make the playoffs - beatable in Buffalo

Dallas - playoffs last year, new coach this year - beatable in Buffalo

Denver - switched QB's during the year, and promptly went 3-2, and out of the playoffs - beatable in Buffalo

Washington - "Wash who will be much improved" :worthy: You know this how, considering nobody has made any moves yet? Here's a little factoid for you. Over the past 7 seasons, the Redskins have reached the playoffs only once, and that wasn't last year. - very beatable, even in DC

Jacksonville - yep, super tough @ home, but still went 8-8 last year, and lost to the Texans - TWICE. - beatable

Pissburgh - no Bus, no replacement for the Bus, and now, no Cowher. JP has already shown he is no "Bledslow" - beatable

My point--which apparently sailed right over your ugly head--is that you don't have the standing to throw insults at anyone on these boards.

As far as DeLuca, many of the points he raises are valid. But he'd be better served to present them in a less black-and-white manner. Take Marv's free agent signings. None of them have turned into anything better than quality backups/stopgap starters; which DeLuca correctly pointed out. But because DeLuca didn't immediately dwell on the positive side of those free agents (youth, they provide good depth, low salaries), his posts were dismissed as part of an anti-Marv crusade.

DeLuca's not perfect, but he at least tries to contribute to intelligent discussions (albeit in a very opinionated way). You, on the other hand, spend your time calling people idiots. If I had to put one or the other of you on ignore, it'd be an easy call. And it wouldn't be DeLuca.

I appreciate the kind words.

These boards are all about opinions. What people like Reemus & Darrin do is avoid the topic at hand and attack the posters. It's the classic Republican strategy of attacking the messenger. Darrin has spent all afternoon proving this point.

I think I have more than proven myself in regards to admitting when I'm wrong. I'm a 'prove it to me' first kind of guy. If you can prove it to me I'll give you credit and rethink my position. Regier is a perfect example. Two years ago I wanted Regier fired. His results over that time have changed my mind. It's what Steven R Covey calls changing your paradigms. Was I wrong two years ago? Based on the information at that time? I still don't think so. Does the past two years prove it would have been a mistake and I was wrong. 100% yes.

Here we are today and in 30 minutes Marv Levy has proven everything I have thought about his qualifications as GM were 100% dead on. And it must be driving people crazy. It's proven in which the anger people are posting with. As always this is just my opinion. :worthy:

Actually I like what Marv is saying. We can get younger, faster players to learn how to play the game. I believe that our veterans are getting too old and it's time to bring a newer, younger spark to this team. Remember how well Whitner and Simpson played lasted year even though they were rookies. Outstanding.

1.) Fletcher is gone; they covet an attack dog linebacker, one that makes plays at the point of attack not five yards from the line of scrimmage. Spikes is in trouble as well!

i'm glad someone else seems to have caught this too...more affirmation that FLETCHER IS NOT THE GUY WE NEED AT MLB. Obviously marv knows this. Marv came right out and said it: "you need linebackers in this type of defense who attack the line, and not just pursuit-tackle."

Actually I like what Marv is saying. We can get younger, faster players to learn how to play the game. I believe that our veterans are getting too old and it's time to bring a newer, younger spark to this team. Remember how well Whitner and Simpson played lasted year even though they were rookies. Outstanding.

I hear ya man. I saw Nate Clements trying to get the senior citizens coffee discount at Tim Hortons the other day.

You may like what Marv was saying. But I don't think you understood what he was saying. Enjoy watching Whitner and Simpson while you can. They are gone as soon as they are UFA's. Ralph has closed the purse strings. If the money isn't covered by that years TV revenue it ain't being spent.

As always this is only my opinion. :worthy:

You raise a number of good points. But if it's a choice between keeping Nate and keeping McGahee, I'll go with Nate. CBs last longer than RBs, and Nate's a better player anyway.

My fear is that if the Bills lose Nate, they'll end up taking a CB with their first round pick. If you look at the draft day value chart, the Bills' first round pick has more trade value than all their other picks combined. I don't want to see the Bills use up more than half their draft-day value just to tread water at CB. There are too many positions we still need to improve at. If I knew the Bills wouldn't draft a CB before the 3rd round, it would be another story.

As for Fletcher, I don't mind seeing him go.

Totally agree. I don't hate McGahee as much as some others, but if it's one or the other Clements is the easy choice.

In terms of importance RB is just the most overrated position in sports.

I hear ya man. I saw Nate Clements trying to get the senior citizens coffee discount at Tim Hortons the other day.

Does throwing $50 million at Nate Clements really make any sense, at all? The Bills are required to spend 85% of the cap, which will put them at a minimum of 93 million. I think with smart FA signings and a good draft this team can improve upon last year.

Does throwing $50 million at Nate Clements really make any sense, at all? The Bills are required to spend 85% of the cap, which will put them at a minimum of 93 million. I think with smart FA signings and a good draft this team can improve upon last year.

Not if you take the entire $50 million out of this years cap.

Anyway only the bonus would be guaranteed. If it's a 6-7 year deal Nate wouldn't see a penny of the back end money if he is released.

Not if you take the entire $50 million out of this years cap.

Anyway only the bonus would be guaranteed. If it's a 6-7 year deal Nate wouldn't see a penny of the back end money if he is released.

Yes. Now getting back to something I don't already know. BTW, with all the discussin we've had between the 2 boards, I would have thought I garned a little more respect. So let's say Nate gets a 7 year deal, 12 million dollar signing bonus with salaries structured like:

year 1: 4.5 million

year 2: 4.75 million

year 3: 5.0 million

year 4: 5.25 Million

year 5: 5.5 million

year 6: 5.75 million

year 7: 6.0 million

That will be 6.2 million this year for Nate. A replacement could be brought in for 1/3 of that. He may not be as good but that other 4 million could be used elsewhere.

Yes. Now getting back to something I don't already know. BTW, with all the discussin we've had between the 2 boards, I would have thought I garned a little more respect. So let's say Nate gets a 7 year deal, 12 million dollar signing bonus with salaries structured like:

year 1: 4.5 million

year 2: 4.75 million

year 3: 5.0 million

year 4: 5.25 Million

year 5: 5.5 million

year 6: 5.75 million

year 7: 6.0 million

That will be 6.2 million this year for Nate. A replacement could be brought in for 1/3 of that. He may not be as good but that other 4 million could be used elsewhere.

That certainly is the mentality the front office is espousing. It's not easy for fans of players on the team though.

It is cheaper to find a new 98.6 than to re-sign a player that is not a future HOFer.

Some say that philosophy simply makes The Bills a farm team, and in a certain way of thinking - that is true.

But living within a budget is a mental discipline that many people are challenged by.

Let's face reality folks. There are no future HOFers on this squad. Why should any of them be paid like one?

It doesn't sound like they are too interested in competing for Clements, Fletcher etc on the open market which is no surprise since Ralph has been whining about money since last season.

Marv also made it sound like the Bills aren't too interested in making a big splash in free-agency but he sounded like they will go out and sign a few Robert Royals instead.

Marv didn't give anyone the impression that the Bills are ready to do what ever it takes to get this team to the next step which wasn't a good PR move since the team just raised ticket prices but needs to renew season tickets.

I rarely agree with the guys on GR55, but they hit the nail on the head when they said that it was a very depressing presser.

Seeing that the Bills have a much tougher schedule next season, be prepared for a step backwards in '07.

:blink:

"Seeing that the Bills have a much tougher schedule next season, be prepared for a step backwards in '07." How is that they had the hardest strength of schedule last year.

"Seeing that the Bills have a much tougher schedule next season, be prepared for a step backwards in '07." How is that they had the hardest strength of schedule last year.

Not at the start of the season...then they were mid-to-lower SOS. The terrific final season records of SD and CHI, along with the improved showings of BAL, TEN, and NYJ vaulted them up.

Not at the start of the season...then they were mid-to-lower SOS. The terrific final season records of SD and CHI, along with the improved showings of BAL, TEN, and NYJ vaulted them up.

This only proves my point better accept the Chi game. Yes we played CHI the 5th game, kinda early before there "terrific final season records" but the BAL, TEN, SD, and NYJ games were 4 of the last 5 games. I mean we lost to the NYJ early and then won during there "improved showings". Yes we did lose to SD and TEN and BAL but they were close games and it was during the strong part of their season. The Bills were shaky early but they were playing "easier teams". They started winning more later while playing harder teams. That makes their SOS underrated. It is obvious the reason the Bills ended as good as they did was the move at OL. They had a better OL and Losman was better and the team put themselves in chances to win the game. They lost some but they did pull out some the OL move was a great one and was a huge impact on the late season success.