Does anyone really believe we will do something highly productive?

I am wondering what the board overall truly believes we will do this off season. Do you believe that we will make a big splash? After all, the last "big acquisition" we made was bringing in Takeo Spikes, nearly 5 off-seasons ago. What was our last really productive trade? What was our last 'all-star' draft pick? Just wondering what you all think. Have at it.

I am wondering what the board overall truly believes we will do this off season. Do you believe that we will make a big splash? After all, the last "big acquisition" we made was bringing in Takeo Spikes, nearly 5 off-seasons ago. What was our last really productive trade? What was our last 'all-star' draft pick? Just wondering what you all think. Have at it.

The Bills will sign second teir FAs, run a smart, safe (but unspectacular) draft and lose key FAs in Clements in Fletcher. They'll finish next season around .500 again. The offense will be fine but the D will struggle again.

In 04 the Bills drafted JP and Evans, and brought in Jason Peters as a UDFA. This has to be considered good by any standards,

This team will do nothing. Ralph will come out with a classic "I like this team and the players we have" press pumper...

Poor ticket sales and blackouts will plague this team next season. This will cause a ton of negative media on the Bills and if they can support a team here.

People will continue to buy Sabre tickets than buying in the Bills.

We will have to read more "positives of the game" threads that cause’s explosive diarrhea.

Or....

Ralph and Marv can figure out a way to WIN and get some friggin help down here. But I doubt this will happen at all

I guess some folks simply miss those heady days of big TD engineered deals when we traded the 1st rounder to get JP and Bledsoe, raped AT trading PP for a pick who became Willis, held to our guns on trading Henry and got a first day choice for him and made a variety of other lesser but still significant trades.

Yep, Marv has been here one whole draft and only traded up into the first round, and signed an FA to be our starting center, actually extended a fair number of contracts of starters and made small deals like the one for Hargrove.

I think it is worth getting at least a second data point before we start discussing trends.

Right now there is a ton of money out there to overpay free agents. I suspect that the cooler heads at the Bills will not jump in and overpay, unless they pay an obscene amount to keep NC. I think they will look for bargains or reasonably priced acquisitions (Kellye Washington will be at the "high" end of the reasonable market.) and I'm not expected NAME signings. I think our productive moves will come in the draft and with some sleepers in free agency. I'm really quite comfortable with that. This year's free agent situation is one of too little talent available and way too much money available to justify getting into bidding wars.

This team will do nothing. Ralph will come out with a classic "I like this team and the players we have" press pumper...

Poor ticket sales and blackouts will plague this team next season. This will cause a ton of negative media on the Bills and if they can support a team here.

People will continue to buy Sabre tickets than buying in the Bills.

We will have to read more "positives of the game" threads that cause’s explosive diarrhea.

Or....

Ralph and Marv can figure out a way to WIN and get some friggin help down here. But I doubt this will happen at all

You and Joe would be great at a party.

they absolutely will not make a big splash this offseason...it will be more of the same that went on last offseason, a bunch of 2.5 mil $ players signed and a draft that no one agrees with in which they will probably pass on the obvious selection

My predictions:

1. Bills will suprise people and pay up for Clements.

2. Fletcher will leave, Thanks for the service Fletch but it is time for both sides to move on.

3. Bills will make a big run at Steinbach and hopefully Ralph will pony up the $ and bring him to Buffalo

4. Bills will look to solve the DT issue via FA, similar to a Tripplet signing last year

5. Marv will draft offensive skill position in the 1st round, either Lynch or Jarrett

If all of this pans out, Bills will win 10 games next year.

To Bills fans, I believe so. Yet to the NFL as a whole, they would consider us as drafting a top 20 NFL QB, a top 10 NFL receiver, and Jason who?

The NFL as a whole thought the Saints were going to be average or struggling last season. The NFL as a whole thought the Jets were going to battle us for last place last season. The NFL as a whole thought the Dolphins were on the rise with a bright coach in tow.

That should tell you enough about worrying about what everybody else thinks.

My predictions:

1. Bills will suprise people and pay up for Clements.

2. Fletcher will leave, Thanks for the service Fletch but it is time for both sides to move on.

3. Bills will make a big run at Steinbach and hopefully Ralph will pony up the $ and bring him to Buffalo

4. Bills will look to solve the DT issue via FA, similar to a Tripplet signing last year

5. Marv will draft offensive skill position in the 1st round, either Lynch or Jarrett

If all of this pans out, Bills will win 10 games next year.

I can't say I'm a believer yet but if these predictions hold true I will send both you and Marv a box of chocolates. This would be about as awesome an offseason as we can hope for.

Only thing I would say is, and I hate to be a wet blanket, that sometimes the best moves on paper end up not making much of a difference. Look at the Browns and Bentley. The Vikes and Hutch. Both big O-line moves but they didn't improve the offense for either team -- one because of freak injury, the latter because of other ineffective cogs in the system.

But make no mistake, I'd be very happy with these moves.

If we are going to make a big splash in the off season it will be with Asante Samuel, assuming he doesn't go back to the Patriots.

I don't think we will be competing to sign Samuel. He will get the mega bucks by some free spending team.

For the cover two- we can shop in a lower range.

My guess is our biggest name signings will go- g,dt.cb

Linebacker is a wild card for me- just don't know if they would move Crowell to the middle or not. So would they be looking for a mlb or olb?Also, do they feel like Ellison is capable of being a long term starter?

The trade for Hargrove might turn into a productive one....

Winning in the NFL is not about making the Big acquisition, as the Redskins have shown, but it is about making the smart acquisition as the Patriots and Steelers have shown....I would rather have the latter.