A nuisance?

Will Kerry tell the families of the American sailors killed on the USS Cole that the Islamic murderers who killed them were just a mere nuisance? How about the families of the Marines killed in the Khobar towers in 1996? The first World Trade Center Bombings?

Will Kerry tell the families of the American sailors killed on the USS Cole that the Islamic murderers who killed them were just a mere nuisance? How about the families of the Marines killed in the Khobar towers in 1996? The first World Trade Center Bombings?

Ahhh, the good old days. When terrorism was no worse than prostitution or racketeering. Maybe we can just pay these guys off to leave us alone and stay in Israel. Neville Chamberlain would be proud of this guy.

Will Kerry tell the families of the American sailors killed on the USS Cole that the Islamic murderers who killed them were just a mere nuisance?  How about the families of the Marines killed in the Khobar towers in 1996? The first World Trade Center Bombings?

64951[/snapback]

Yea its all just a little nuisance, no big deal.......if we need help we can always ask france and germany to help us. Lets save some money and they heck with all that war on terror stuff.

By the way everything will be OK, because>>>>>>>>>>>>"Help is onnnnn the wayyyyyyy"

Will Kerry tell the families of the American sailors killed on the USS Cole that the Islamic murderers who killed them were just a mere nuisance?  How about the families of the Marines killed in the Khobar towers in 1996? The first World Trade Center Bombings?

64951[/snapback]

Kerry operates under the theory that if you ignore a problem it will go away , He does not think terroism is a problem just a slight nuisance Kerry will downgrade the military as evidenced by his total disdane for them ,upon his return from Viet Nam.

Kerry wants one on one talks with the North Koreans on nuclear capabilities., should be obivious ,so there will be no witness to the fact he will sell out this country.

Kerry operates under the theory that if you ignore a problem it will go away , He does not think terroism is a problem just a slight nuisance Kerry will downgrade the military as evidenced by his total disdane for them ,upon his return from Viet Nam.

Kerry wants one on one talks with the North Koreans on nuclear capabilities., should be obivious  ,so there will be no witness to the fact he will sell out this country.

65097[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHJHAHAHAHAAAAA NOW you're really being funny!!!!! The Bushistas read a report that says "sanctions were working, there were no WMD's" and they say that proves that Saddam was arming!

Bushistas read about bombs going off and children waiting for candy being blown to bits and they say "freedom is on the march!".

And you accuse KERRY of igoring reality?

I always knew you had your head up your ass but I never realized you were such a contortionist that you could get it up THAT far.

What he said, and what he meant, paraphrased, was "wouldn't it be nice if the daily threat of terror could be so far reduced that it wasn't constantly looming".

Obviously that's NOT what the Bushistas want because, like the Nazis, they've learned how they can use the power of FEAR to control people.

Neocons are just little frightened people. Good thing you weren't around in the colonial days or we'd all be drinking tea with our pinkies stuck out.

isn't it telling how the wackos on the left have stayed away from this topic. Even they know thier own boy.....no way to defend this latest gaff.

65400[/snapback]

Actually, I'm not even a "leftie" but I stay away from these types of topics because I refuse to have a battle of wits with unarmed people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHJHAHAHAHAAAAA NOW you're really being funny!!!!!  The Bushistas read a report that says "sanctions were working, there were no WMD's" and they say that proves that Saddam was arming!

Bushistas read about bombs going off and children waiting for candy being blown to bits and they say "freedom is on the march!".

And you accuse KERRY of igoring reality?

I always knew you had your head up your ass but I never realized you were such a contortionist that you could get it up THAT far.

What he said,  and what he meant, paraphrased, was "wouldn't it be nice if the daily threat of terror could be so far reduced that it wasn't constantly looming".

Obviously that's NOT what the Bushistas want because, like the Nazis, they've learned how they can use the power of FEAR to control people.

Neocons are just little frightened people.  Good thing you weren't around in the colonial days or we'd all be drinking tea with our pinkies stuck out.

66467[/snapback]

It is obvious from your posts, that you are incapable of rational thought. You are nothing more than a political hack.

Fear-mongering? Now let's see here. Who is the one spreading rumors that Bush will re-instate the draft if re-elected? That would be the liberals. The continued Nazi references? That would be the liberals. Terrorizing Bush/Cheney/RNC headquarters? That would be liberals.

Keep trying to spin there sweetie. Your desperation is showing, and I can't help but laugh at the lengths you will go in order to try to get people to side with you.

64951[/snapback]

Yeah, that is exactly what he meant, don't be an idiot. He would like to see terrorism reduced to that level, wouldn't you?

And we wonder why all we ever get from either candidate is canned stump speeches sanitized to the point of having no meaning. Could it be that if they ever say anything that could possibly be twisted into something ridiculous it is and then propagated from idiot to idiot like a virus that feeds on morons?

And we wonder why all we ever get from either candidate is canned stump speeches sanitized to the point of having no meaning.  Could it be that if they ever say anything that could possibly be twisted into something ridiculous it is and then propagated from idiot to idiot like a virus that feeds on morons?

66550[/snapback]

Well, just look at RichInOhio, tennesseeboy, Captain America, and blzrul and you will see the morons that live for this stuff. I don't think that any of them have had a rational thought in years, if at all.

This No Childlike Behavior Left Behind is really working. You conservatives seem to have a glaring inability to read, or understand something simple. Kerry never said, implied or insinuated that he thought terrorism was just a nuisance. He said we have to fight it until it becomes LIKE a nuisance. The exact same idea that George Bush has, and said, when he said, "we cannot win it" about the war on terror.

The best analogy I have heard so far is that it is like piracy on the high seas hundreds of years ago. It was an enormous problem for a long time for a lot of countries. The pirates were fought, and fought, and fought, and after a couple decades or so they were brought under control, and countries didnt have to worry on a daily basis that pirates would overtake their ships. Pirates weren't totally eliminated, and they still exist today, but they are much, much more of a nuisance than a daily threat to our lives and culture and existence. They are contained, like prostitution and gambling are contained. They are still there, they are a problem, but they don't change our lives or alter our nation's or citizens' behavior on a daily basis. It's the same thing Bush wants and the same thing the world wants and the same thing everyone wants. You guys can't understand a simple concept, or simply choose to mislead, misrepresent or outright lie about it.

This No Childlike Behavior Left Behind is really working. You conservatives seem to have a glaring inability to read, or understand something simple. Kerry never said, implied or insinuated that he thought terrorism was just a nuisance. He said we have to fight it until it becomes LIKE a nuisance. The exact same idea that George Bush has, and said, when he said, "we cannot win it" about the war on terror.

The best analogy I have heard so far is that it is like piracy on the high seas hundreds of years ago. It was an enormous problem for a long time for a lot of countries. The pirates were fought, and fought, and fought, and after a couple decades or so they were brought under control, and countries didnt have to worry on a daily basis that pirates would overtake their ships. Pirates weren't totally eliminated, and they still exist today, but they are much, much more of a nuisance than a daily threat to our lives and culture and existence. They are contained, like prostitution and gambling are contained. They are still there, they are a problem, but they don't change our lives or alter our nation's or citizens' behavior on a daily basis. It's the same thing Bush wants and the same thing the world wants and the same thing everyone wants. You guys can't understand a simple concept, or simply choose to mislead, misrepresent or outright lie about it.

66601[/snapback]

Finally, someone who has a brain in their head. Kelly, how do you stand it here with people like tennesseeboy, RichInOhio, blzrul and Captain America? Do you feel like you are on your own island of sanity in this sea of stupidity?

Finally, someone who has a brain in their head. Kelly, how do you stand it here with people like tennesseeboy, RichInOhio, blzrul and Captain America? Do you feel like you are on your own island of sanity in this sea of stupidity?

66609[/snapback]

It's like having a retarded little brother. You gotta love him anyway B)

Not win a second term, I suspect.

66787[/snapback]

I wish politicians would be straight up with people instead of telling us what we want to hear. I give Kerry a lot of credit for serving our country, and I don't have a problem with him speaking out against Vietnam. Well, unless your Jane Fonda but lets not go there. ( :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Jane) The swift boat veterans have an ax to grind with Kerry and I'm sure the "nuisance" quote was probably taken out of context. The question I have, is can a peace activist lead this country during the war on terror. The reason why I have my doubt is because his plan is based on what people want to hear, not based on substance.

I wish politicians would be straight up with people instead of telling us what we want to hear.  I give Kerry a lot of credit for serving our country, and I don't have a problem with him speaking out against Vietnam.  Well, unless your Jane Fonda but lets not go there.  (  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  Jane) The swift boat veterans have an ax to grind with Kerry and I'm sure the "nuisance" quote was probably taken out of context.  The question I have, is can a peace activist lead this country during the war on terror.  The reason why I have my doubt is because his plan is based on what people want to hear, not based on substance.

66831[/snapback]

I am not sure it is fair to characterize Kerry as a "peace activist" based on what he did in 1972. Would it be fair to characterize Bush as nothing but a drunk driver? I know I am not the same person I was in 1972. People grow and learn and change. Kerry had no kids back then. I can't think of anyone who is the same person as a parent as they were before they had kids.

As far as his plan being based on what people want to hear, I disagree. If anything that is what the Bush plan, if you can call it a plan, is based on. All this stuff about us being safer than we were is precisely what people want to hear. The truth is, OBL and AQ are still at large and growing in numbers. Their operations are expanding. More and more people are dying. As much power as we have now in Iraq, we are unable to prevent the enemy from hitting Iraqi police recruits over and over and over with car bombs. How long is it before we see the same tactics here in the US? Not long I fear.

The only real plan left to us anyway is to build stable governments in Afghanistan and Iraq. That is what the next President is going to have to try and accomplish no matter who is elected. The question is whether Bush, the most hated and despised man in the Middle East and many parts of Europe, is the best person to get that job done or if Kerry would do a better job. As this involves predicting the future, no one know the answer for sure. What we do know is that the pre-war diplomatic effort was an abject failure. The military aspects of the invasion was a success. The post-war effort has thus far failed pretty spectacularly from Abu Ghraib to the latest beheading. Lastly, the pre-war intel upon which the war was justified has unraveled before the world making us look, well, a little stupid frankly. Say what you want about France, they were right about the WMD's, they were not deceived by the faulty intel that the administration embraced as gospel truth. That is the Bush record so far. Would Kerry have done any better? I can only speculate. At this time however, I have lost all confidence in the President's judgment and in the competence of his administration. This leaves me little choice but to give Kerry a chance.