• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 3-way tie:

Buzzy's Pizzeria

The Como Restaurant

Whistle Pig

Niagara Falls, New York, USA

You didn't happen to go to prince of peace did you? 8th grade graduation in 77?

Buzzys and Whistle Pig good calls, but dam I could never figure out the love for the Como, even when I was young. Now, If your the JDuncan I went to school with, your moms made the best pizza and best Italian food going. Can still taste her pizza

Mark's Texas Hots on Monroe St. in Rochester...better Plates than Tahoe's IMHO.

Seriously though, La Mela's in Little Italy here in NYC is a great "family style" restaurant. They have a great ambience and its right next to SoHo so you see a ton of beautiful women walking around.

While I can agree with this, Millies still rocks!!!!!!

For those of you in Hampton Roads may I reccomend [post=<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object&gt]Stove[/post] located in Port Norfolk.

Atta boy Jin. For a small place, I just love it there. Found the secret to be just head down there bout 8.30-9.00 PM. Richmond an early eating town, so 9.00pm tends to be wide open. Get there at 8.30 on a nice night and sit outside and have a cocktail, or the little bar inside with those insane aromas doesn't suck either. One place where we buy a bottle of wine all the time, usually order it at the bar, wife drinks that whilst I have my tini at the bar

You didn't happen to go to prince of peace did you? 8th grade graduation in 77?

Buzzys and Whistle Pig good calls, but dam I could never figure out the love for the Como, even when I was young. Now, If your the JDuncan I went to school with, your moms made the best pizza and best Italian food going. Can still taste her pizza

"hallelujah"

Oh wow, so many, depends what I'm ordering--

Italian- Tough call...So many good ones...I'll stay local and say Chef's and Cecelia's in Buffalo. Never steered me wrong.

Mexican- El Cholo in LA

Prime Rib- Kennedy's Cove, Clarence, NY

Steak- So hard to say...The best filet I have ever had was probably at Craftsteak in MGM Grand in Vegas...(May have tasted better because I was up about $2500 and drunk...)

Seafood- Chops City Grill, Naples, FL. A fine steakhouse, but the seafood menu is unreal...Changes with what's fresh that day...Incredible Sea Bass.....Also a nod to Blue Water Grill in NYC, never had a bad meal there.

Scene + Meal- Tao in Manhattan. My seat was back-to-back with Dr. Dre

Love the Japanese place in "Countries of the World" at Epcot Center too.

Tantalus and The Roycroft Inn are both fantastic places in East Aurora, NY...You'll find something you like there...

Some joint a block or two off Bourbon down in the French Qrtr. Best lunch/dinner I ever had. Couldn't find it again with a map and a compass but maybe if I led off with another dozen whiskey and cokes I'd stumble into it again......
I'm sure I've eaten there and five other places just like it. Like you, I couldn't pick any of them out without being pickled from a trip to Patty O's first.

For whatever reason, I'll take the prime rib at the Conesus Inn over anything I've had anywhere on the planet.

When I was down there I hit up a place called Acme Oyster Bar. I'm not even a big oyster fan but they had these chargrilled oysters that were on point. Went there twice in 3 days.

When I was down there I hit up a place called Acme Oyster Bar. I'm not even a big oyster fan but they had these chargrilled oysters that were on point. Went there twice in 3 days.

Good place that Acme, but dam, why you ruined a good oyster by grilling all the taste out of it!!!!! :wallbash:

Good place that Acme, but dam, why you ruined a good oyster by grilling all the taste out of it!!!!! :wallbash:

:blink:

I don't know...I've never really gotten down with raw oysters. We ordered a dozen raw and a dozen chargrilled. I tried a few raw ones and they were decent enough. The grilled ones were fcking amazing though.

We also did an oyster shooter which, until that day, I had never heard of. Probably the nastiest thing I've ever eaten/drank. Shot of cheap vodka, raw oyster and tabasco. Looked like a small, bloody fetus floating in a test tube...and the taste was probably similar too.

NEVER AGAIN.

:lol:

I don't know...I've never really gotten down with raw oysters. We ordered a dozen raw and a dozen chargrilled. I tried a few raw ones and they were decent enough. The grilled ones were fcking amazing though.

We also did an oyster shooter which, until that day, I had never heard of. Probably the nastiest thing I've ever eaten/drank. Shot of cheap vodka, raw oyster and tabasco. Looked like a small, bloody fetus floating in a test tube...and the taste was probably similar too.

NEVER AGAIN.

Best hangover medicine in the world!

What, the shot or the oysters? Cause if you mean the shot, then I'd sooner fester and die of a CAT 5 hangover than throw back another one of those abortions.

The key is to use oysters that you like best. There are tons of different oysters, find one you like. Now for the Vodka. Of course it'll be nasty if they use nasty vodka. Don't use Kamchatka, use Grey Goose or something. It's all a matter of taste. If you're not crazy about oysters, shooters are going to suck. If you love oysters they're great.

The key is to use oysters that you like best. There are tons of different oysters, find one you like. Now for the Vodka. Of course it'll be nasty if they use nasty vodka. Don't use Kamchatka, use Grey Goose or something. It's all a matter of taste. If you're not crazy about oysters, shooters are going to suck. If you love oysters they're great.

What he said.

To me the making of a good oyster is all is in the brine. Once thats gone, all the distinctive flavor of that variety of oyster is lost.

At least for me, like most food, I say the smaller the better. Just like a prefer a 1 1/2 lobster to one thats 3lbs, I'll take the quarter size oyster over the half dollar one anytime. Also, I tend to go with the ones that come from the coldest water, but not sure that matters as much as with lobster, but its what I do.

plenzmd1 has a nice list there...

a few of my favorites:

sparks, nyc (hit peter luger last week for first time, good but not better than sparks imo)

nicks fish market - maui

biltmore room, ny (now closed)

union square cafe, ny