parachute fails, man falls two miles and lives.....

millbank

falls two miles

link with some photo's

Realising his number was up, he tried desperately to think of his last words.

"I tried to think of something, the right thing to say for the camera. But I looked at the ground again and without thinking I just blurted out "Oh s..., I'm dead ... bye!" he told Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper.

Holmes – a former champion skydiver from Britain and 7000-jump veteran – survived, suffering a punctured lung and broken ankle when he landed on a blackberry bush after jumping from a plane at more than 3600m. He spent 11 days in Taupo Hospital.

Holmes estimated that he reached terminal velocity of 193kmh during the freefall part of his flight, but that the drag of the parachute had reduced his impact speed to about 128kmh.

The Taupo Tandem Skydive cameraman's 30-second fall was captured on his helmet camera. Jonathan King, a friend who was jumping with him, also filmed the fall.

As the ground spins dizzyingly below, Holmes can be seen checking his altimeter to calculate how much time he has. He said he knew the reserve parachute would tangle with the other parachute if he could not cut it free. "No matter where I was going to land – the water or the ground – I was expecting that I will die from this."

falls two miles

link with some photo's

"I tried to think of something, the right thing to say for the camera. But I looked at the ground again and without thinking I just blurted out "Oh s..., I'm dead ... bye!" he told Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper.

Like a fresh pair of socks and a clean pair of skivvies, you just shouldn't leave the house if you haven't got something witty to say right before you die.

Some old standbys to keep 'em guessing while you're drinking a cold one in the hereafter:

You were adopted.

The weapons of mass destruction are in the...

How much is this stain gonna cost me?

Avenge me.

Luke, I am your father.

Thank you sir, may I have another.

What are you gonna do about it, tough guy?

Here are a couple links to famous last words and deathbed statements. If you have no imagination, steal someone else's.

A collection of famous last words

Real Last Words From Famous People

Like a fresh pair of socks and a clean pair of skivvies, you just shouldn't leave the house if you haven't got something witty to say right before you die.

Some old standbys to keep 'em guessing while you're drinking a cold one in the hereafter:

You were adopted.

The weapons of mass destruction are in the...

How much is this stain gonna cost me?

I didnt sleep with that woman

I voted for it before I voted against it...

If I knew then what I know now...

The Dixie Chixs are really guys

Avenge me.

Luke, I am your sister.

Thank you sir, may I have another.

I should have washed my balls first today

What are you gonna do about it, tough guy?

Here are a couple links to famous last words and deathbed statements. If you have no imagination, steal someone else's.

A collection of famous last words

Real Last Words From Famous People

To add a few..... :wallbash:

falls two miles

link with some photo's

Holmes – a former champion skydiver from Britain and 7000-jump veteran – survived, suffering a punctured lung and broken ankle when he landed on a blackberry bush after jumping from a plane at more than 3600m. He spent 11 days in Taupo Hospital.

Holmes estimated that he reached terminal velocity of 193kmh during the freefall part of his flight, but that the drag of the parachute had reduced his impact speed to about 128kmh.

The Taupo Tandem Skydive cameraman's 30-second fall was captured on his helmet camera. Jonathan King, a friend who was jumping with him, also filmed the fall.

As the ground spins dizzyingly below, Holmes can be seen checking his altimeter to calculate how much time he has. He said he knew the reserve parachute would tangle with the other parachute if he could not cut it free. "No matter where I was going to land – the water or the ground – I was expecting that I will die from this."

My guess is there was a one in a million chance for him to survive. There is always that once.

My guess is there was a one in a million chance for him to survive. There is always that once.

If you watch the video (especially the one that the friend shoots while the other guy is falling), the reserve chute is partially opened and he is not travelling at anything near terminal velocity. In fact, as the guy gets close to landing, you can see that the reserve has substantially slowed his fall.

It's still amazing but on watching the friend's vid, it's a little less spectacular than it sounds.

When I initially read the story on msn or yahoo (can't remember), there was NO mention of his velocity being slowed down by the reserve parachute. It was a pretty freaking large ommision of the story. It sounded like dude fell straight from the plane to the ground with no alteration of his speed. Stupid effing reporters.

Cripes, that isn't even crayonz greatest escape. Of course he'll be back in the air. Guy has nerves of steal I tell ya.

Why once there was this time that his pet albino tiger grabbed him. Crazy tiger actually had crayonz entire head in his mouth. Crayonz didn't panic though and he survived. He hasn't gotten back into the ring with the tiger, but he did whip some azz when he recovered.

Then there's the time when he was abducted by aliens. He sure showed 'em where to stick their anal probes.

And did I ever tell you about the time that he was on Air Force One? Some terrorists tried to take over the plane and kidnap the pres. Course you never heard about that did you?

crayonz eats guys like Jack Bauer for breakfast every day, and he likes it.