Bills 1st Free Agent Signing?

My guess and hope is Ian Scott at DT (who was once coached by Dick Jauron), allowing us to select a DE, WR or MLB with the 12th pick in the draft. Scott would be a solid replacement for Tim Anderson, and should help our run defense. His acquisition would also allow John McCargo to stay at the pass rushing DT position.

I agree with you that Scott might be the guy.

Our run defense was brutal last year, as everyone knows.

I don't know if we can even afford to wait until the draft to fix this poblem.

Most GM'S use the beginning of free agency to start addressing their most glaring holes-thus, they aren't forced to make huge reaches in the draft.

(case in point Buffalo being forced to trade up for McCargo last year- because of their glaring hole at DT after failing to secure Ryan Pickett)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say the same thing about Harper I said about Triplett. Yes, he knows the system...and yes he played in the system at Indy. However, if in this system...in Indy.....on a better team....he is an average player ....why is it a good move to bring him in? I'd rather just throw Youboty in and gamble on his upside then have a guy here who is an average player.

Harper, Dominick Rhodes, and Cato June are all going to get overpaid for on the open market by teams who want recognizably names.

The guy I like is Ken Lucas who the Panthers are rumored to be cutting for cap reasons.

UFA........I think Marv will go with an under the radar move. Shaun McDonald WR/ from the rams. Speed to burn...a playmaker at times....and played under Fairchild in St. Louis. I dont see him as a starter, but a strong rotation guy.

I think this topic is great, if it weren't for the reality that we aren't going to sign a top free agent this season. If we were going after someone, I'd like to see Kris Dielman from SD come here. Someone who can keep DT's off the line of scrimmage and open running lanes for whomever plays RB.

how about....damion mcintosh? he is the starting left tackle for the dolphins.we can move jason peters to right tackle.we strengthen our line and we hurt the dolphins who play inside our division.i think damion is a unrestricted free agent?i know he is definately a free agent.go bills in"07

Jaime,

Why are you so eage to move Jason Peters to RT from LT?

Jason Peters was one of the best LT's in the league last year when he moved to that position with lots of upside..........easily the best offensive linemen on our team.....LT is a hard hole to fill

Now...if you are talking about Damian for RT.....well...:)

What I think the Bills will do

cut Villiarial, and Reyes

sign

Floyd Womack OG

Mike Gandy OG

Chris Kelsay DE

the return of Ron Edwards DT

Najeh Davenport RB/FB

Anthony Thomas RB

then the Bills will draft and fight for a bunch of undrafted free agents

and Finally expect the Bills to wait until the June cuts to try to get a couple vets cheap at the WR, LB, and DB

What I think the Bills will do

cut Villiarial, and Reyes

sign

Floyd Womack OG

Mike Gandy OG

Chris Kelsay DE

the return of Ron Edwards DT

Najeh Davenport RB/FB

Anthony Thomas RB

then the Bills will draft and fight for a bunch of undrafted free agents

and Finally expect the Bills to wait until the June cuts to try to get a couple vets cheap at the WR, LB, and DB

Way to get our hopes up!

:)

Sorry Just trying on being realistic- sure I'd like Corry Redding and Leonard Davis and resigning nate but it looks like were going to get punked- it's weird to say but I wish the the cap had been about 15mil less it would have much better having 18mil with a bunch of teams in cap trouble than having 33mil with all that money out there.

Call me skeptical on Harper...he is 32 years old and bounced around for 4 years after college -- CFL, etc before latching on with the Colts. Add to this that he and his wife have a history of trying to kill each other and he just doesn't appear to be a guy that Marv and Coach Jauron will go after....

Ouch...Did not realize Harper was 32...Just assumed He was Younger for some reason...

Next... :)

The guy I like is Ken Lucas who the Panthers are rumored to be cutting for cap reasons.

Lucas would definitely be an interesting option...He got hurt early last Season and seemed to land in the Dog House for whatever reason...But he had a Pro Bowl Season in 2005 and he is on the right side of 30 at least...Lucas should have a chip on his shoulder as well because no one in the Charlotte Media could ever figure out why He lost his Starting Job...It seemed to be a bit of a Local mystery around here... :)

My guess is that the first free agent that the Bills will sign, will more than likely be someone that no one has ever heard of before. In unison we will all exhibit our disgust with the pick up in a particular thread, ask why we haven't signed anybody with a big name, and then after about 30 minutes we will calm down and get our hopes up and give ourselves false hope that the individual was a great pick up.

By seasons end, we will be calling for his release and cutting Marv slack, because he will have had a great draft because he will draft rookies that come in and make an impact.

Just how i'm calling it.

My guess is that the first free agent that the Bills will sign, will more than likely be someone that no one has ever heard of before. In unison we will all exhibit our disgust with the pick up in a particular thread, ask why we haven't signed anybody with a big name, and then after about 30 minutes we will calm down and get our hopes up and give ourselves false hope that the individual was a great pick up.

By seasons end, we will be calling for his release and cutting Marv slack, because he will have had a great draft because he will draft rookies that come in and make an impact.

Just how i'm calling it.

You make it sound like us Bills fans are psychotic or something.