• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... and then when asked about TO, he goes:

"Terrell Owens (there, I said his name)"

:wallbash:

HAHAHAHAHAHA, im watching the press conference and Jones just introduced him. Wade gets up there and the first words out of his mouth are:

"Surprise! im here!"

just a great, likable guy... best of luck (to an extent)

Hey Wade, remember this fella?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team_coach_bruce_dehaven.cfm

Your greatest mistake...will you make it again?

Great proofreaders they got over there on dallascowboys.com :wallbash:

In those 13 years, DeHaven helped develop two of the greatest special teams players in NFL history: Mike Pike and Steve Tasker.

i have mixed feelings about this

i'm glad Wade got another shot. he's a good coach and deserves it

but i hate the cowboys, they don't deserve a class act like wade. plus i don't know if dallas is the best fit off the field for wade. his personality may not be a good match for the dallas media circus (jerry jones, terrell owens, etc)

I'll be the 3rd or 4th to 2nd this.

Wade got an 8-8 season out of a team that:

a.) Started a QB that never got another starting job

b.) Had a leading rusher with 591 yards

c.) Had an undrafted rookie playing in the 3rd WR spot, in his only real pro action, ever.

d.) Had a tight end who painted his nails before games

e.) Had just lost Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith, replacing them with Jonathan Linton, Jeremy McDaniel, and Erik Flowers.

And for all that, he got them to post a top-10 offense, top-3 defense, with Joe Pendry ats his OC.

I think that speaks more for the talent of the rest of the players on the team, than for Wade's talent as a HC.

Wade got an 8-8 season out of a team that:

a.) Started a QB that never got another starting job

b.) Had a leading rusher with 591 yards

c.) Had an undrafted rookie playing in the 3rd WR spot, in his only real pro action, ever.

d.) Had a tight end who painted his nails before games

And this behavior made the TE a bad player because .........?

e.) Had just lost Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith, replacing them with Jonathan Linton, Jeremy McDaniel, and Erik Flowers.

f.) Had just lost one of the best special teams coach because he fired him as a scapegoat for his own failings as a HC (under his regime, the special teams were treated like a red headed step child)

And for all that, he got them to post a top-10 offense, top-3 defense, with Joe Pendry ats his OC.

Offense - top 10 in yardage, but ranked 20th in points scored.

Joe Pendry was Wade's choice, just like the firing of DeHaven and the subsequent hiring of the idiot that replaced DeHaven.

Set up to be a 3 time loser. Only question is will he be fired after year 1, 2 or 3?

I see this ending very badly for Wade.

Jones has:

• already decided the team will run a 3-4 defence (yes, that's Wade's forte and key reason he hired him)
  • already chosen the OC
  • already told Wade that TO is back again for '07

This hiring is all about Garrett and grooming him to take over as HC in 2 years. He's Jones' favorite, Aikman's favorite, Irvin's favorite. The Cowboys cabal has already decided on the future HC.