No one has posted about Matt Light?!?!

Brand J

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you watched any Bills games this past year with Tasker as the announcer, but he is anything BUT a Bills homer.

Again, this from someone who thinks if they are not planted firmly up the fans but and say nothing but good things they are against us.

BTW, try this on for size, as far as tackle rankings and maybe, why with peters at 25th he isn't going:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/scouting?position=46

What difference does that make, especially since Light was holding Merriman throughout the 2nd half? Light gave up 7.5 sacks last year and Peters gave up 2 (and he gave up 1 to Merriman, FYI).

Peters didn't make it to the Pro Bowl because he didn't play a full season at LT AND because he didn't get the name recognition of a guy like Romo. However that doesn't mean he wasn't a better player than those chosen for the Pro Bowl.

Are you serious about holding. Why don't try watching the whole game i.e. individual matchups.

Again, this from someone who thinks if they are not planted firmly up the fans but and say nothing but good things they are against us.

Huh? :thumbsup:

[qquote]BTW, try this on for size, as far as tackle rankings and maybe, why with peters at 25th he isn't going:

Frankly I don't care that he's not going. It doesn't change a thing. In fact it probably gives Peters even more incentive to work harder.

And I don't have ESPN Insider so I couldn't read anything beyond "Peters is an inexper."

Huh? :thumbsup:

[qquote]BTW, try this on for size, as far as tackle rankings and maybe, why with peters at 25th he isn't going:

Frankly I don't care that he's not going. It doesn't change a thing. In fact it probably gives Peters even more incentive to work harder.

And I don't have ESPN Insider so I couldn't read anything beyond "Peters is an inexper."

Again, since you like to read media quotes and one liners to dictate your vaste knowledge of football experience, you may want to read some quotes from Jauron at the end of the season where he felt it might be better to have Peters move back to RT and get a different player at LT.

I guess you missed that. I'll try to dig it up.

you may want to read some quotes from Jauron at the end of the season where he felt it might be better to have Peters move back to RT and get a different player at LT.

I think we all missed that one.

Honestly, Pro Bowl aside, he is one of the best young left tackles in the game. So much so that they now leave him alone against whomever he is facing, whether it's Taylor, Freeney, or whomever. He has great strength and really quick feet. It's pretty easy to see how good he is when you go to games as well...Mcnally has called him his best prospect since Munoz.

So the "word" comes from Steve Tasker a lifelong Bills and Marv Levy friend and homeboy. Woohoo.

This is coming from the guy who thought Bennie Anderson was our best lineman. The fact that Va Bills thinks Peters isn't good only reinforces the fact that this guy is going to be a great one.

Again, since you like to read media quotes and one liners to dictate your vaste knowledge of football experience, you may want to read some quotes from Jauron at the end of the season where he felt it might be better to have Peters move back to RT and get a different player at LT.

As opposed to taking the word of some 2-bit scout buddy of yours who probably has a hell of a lot more misses than hits?

Gee let me guess, along with Losman who your bud thought would be worthless, he thinks Peters "isn't that good." Would that be a correct guess on my part?

Please do. I'll be waiting.

I would like to see that as well. It doesn't seem very logical, whereas he is far more athletic than most RTs, and his technique seemed to be improving each game.

I have no problem with the selection of Light over Peters by the way. Peters only played 1/2 a season at LT, and Light has been the big dance. Peters seems to be more athletic than Light, and would seem to have a higher upside. Still, Light has certainly paid his dues.

Honestly, there are few LTs I would rather have on the Bills than Peters, and I hope you are wrong about moving him back to the right. It doesn't make sense.

As opposed to taking the word of some 2-bit scout buddy of yours who probably has a hell of a lot more misses than hits?

Gee let me guess, along with Losman who your bud thought would be worthless, he thinks Peters "isn't that good." Would that be a correct guess on my part?

Please do. I'll be waiting.

Actually he was hired now as a fulltime scout, and I don't get to see him much. He never said anything about Peters however.

But I guess if he is a fulltime scout I bet he knows more than you and I ever will about player skills.

Actually he was hired now as a fulltime scout, and I don't get to see him much. He never said anything about Peters however.

But I guess if he is a fulltime scout I bet he knows more than you and I ever will about player skills.

If you do get to speak to him, please ask him what he thinks of Peters. :thumbsup:

It's called the offseason cuz. And the thread is on Peters and Light. If you have spent all your energy talking about Peters already, that is fine, just don't post in a Jason Peters thread. Go back to staring at shiny objects.

Another thread discussing how special Peters is.

Don't we already know that??

Maybe you don't if the chemicals from Niagara Falls have been wafting your way your whole life!

For what it's worth the last time I saw Matt Light, Dwight Freeney was running around him over and over again like a traffic cone....

I guess he wasn't told by the refs that he'd be allowed to maul Freeney, like he did with Merriman and like he does with Schobel. It's amazing how these guys play great against him for a quarter or two and then just disappear. :thumbsup:

What to show me in this thread where I said Peters isn't good.

Sure....how about post #17

.....Maybe just maybe Peters isn't that good, and the hype and fawning over him was just because he was the best lineman out of a very bad bunch. Not that he was great or even good, but he was leapyears ahead of the rest of the tards on our own team.

You are clearly claiming he was not 'even good', but he was better than the rest of the tards on the line.