No one has posted about Matt Light?!?!

Brand J

I thought that if an OT went down with an injury, Jason Peters' name would be the first to pop up as an alternate in the Probowl. Jonathan Ogden is a scratch, so the league calls up the Patriots Matt Light?!?! He does more holding than a dance couple! After all of the All Pro lists and considerations that I have seen Peters' name on, why was he snubbed? Matt Light can't touch Jason Peters...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Light and Marcus McNeill are top-quality left tackles playing for playoff teams. I don't think anyone besides you is shocked that they got in over Peters. McNeill has Tomlinson's glitz behind his nomination, and Light has years of dominance and name recognition.

I thought that if an OT went down with an injury, Jason Peters' name would be the first to pop up as an alternate in the Probowl. Jonathan Ogden is a scratch, so the league calls up the Patriots Matt Light?!?! He does more holding than a dance couple! After all of the All Pro lists and considerations that I have seen Peters' name on, why was he snubbed? Matt Light can't touch Jason Peters...

How is it you can make the statement that Peters is that much better than Light. Did you watch all the game film? Where do you come up with this. Show me he is better. I know you can't. BTW who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it you can make the statement that Peters is that much better than Light. Did you watch all the game film? Where do you come up with this. Show me he is better. I know you can't. BTW who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Post :thumbsup: . I think Peters is better than Light, that being said I'm not surprised that Light got the nod over Peters. Peters is just starting to gain recognition as a player who is on the verge of being one of the best, if not best, players at his position. Light plays for a team that has been getting sucked off by the national media for years (not saying that haven't deserved it). Afterall, the probowl is just a glorified popularity contest. Peters will make plenty of trips to Hawaii in the years to come.

who the hell cares about the probowl? It's meaningless, and all it does is inflate player contracts and put some extra leverage in their pockets. If you want the bills to retain their best players and sign them to affordable long-term contracts, then you would be hoping that the league continues to overlook our best performers for that useless Hawaiian party.

who the hell cares about the probowl? It's meaningless, and all it does is inflate player contracts and put some extra leverage in their pockets. If you want the bills to retain their best players and sign them to affordable long-term contracts, then you would be hoping that the league continues to overlook our best performers for that useless Hawaiian party.

100% agreed. No interest in the Pro Bowl.

Sure I can. How about you come on over one night, I'll buy some Faygo and have the woman whip up some Spam. You and I can sit down in the living room and we can break down film. Then, you can come back on here, compliment me on my Faygo and Spam and discuss how you now realize Jason Peters is better than Matt Light.

Sure I can. How about you come on over one night, I'll buy some Faygo and have the woman whip up some Spam. You and I can sit down in the living room and we can break down film. Then, you can come back on here, compliment me on my Faygo and Spam and discuss how you now realize Jason Peters is better than Matt Light.

Before you get all hot and bothered with your faygo, spam and woman fantasy-

Why don't you ponder this thought-

"Since when did who is better enter into who gets chosen for the lame ass Pro Bowl anyways?"

Before you get all hot and bothered with your faygo, spam and woman fantasy-

Why don't you ponder this thought-

"Since when did who is better enter into who gets chosen for the lame ass Pro Bowl anyways?"

It has nothing to do with the pro bowl. He said prove to me Light is better than Peters. He didn't say prove to me why he should be in the pro bowl. I appreciate you sticking up for the lad, but next time come with something more. If you like, you can come over too and I'll put a hooked on phonics tape on in the other room and you can update us with your progress.

It has nothing to do with the pro bowl. He said prove to me Light is better than Peters. He didn't say prove to me why he should be in the pro bowl. I appreciate you sticking up for the lad, but next time come with something more.

WHO CARES??????????

DID THAT GET THROUGH TO YOU?

Everyone on this board is already on Peters jock- you came late to the party.

Move on to something more interesting.

Yes, we all drool over him and think he's better than any lineman...especially ones that play for the freakin' Patriots!

It has nothing to do with the pro bowl. He said prove to me Light is better than Peters. He didn't say prove to me why he should be in the pro bowl. I appreciate you sticking up for the lad, but next time come with something more.

The guy played half the year at LT. I will tell you this Light played better against Merriman than the great Peters. Why don't you watch both games and tell me what you think. I thought for sure they would chip Merriman w/ Graham but Light handled him solo on 95% of the plays. Peters gave up 2 sacks to Merriman and Light gave up none. Merriman switched to Kaczur's side to get the only sack he had.

WHO CARES??????????

DID THAT GET THROUGH TO YOU?

Everyone on this board is already on Peters jock- you came late to the party.

Move on to something more interesting.

Yes, we all drool over him and think he's better than any lineman...especially ones that play for the freakin' Patriots!

It's called the offseason cuz. And the thread is on Peters and Light. If you have spent all your energy talking about Peters already, that is fine, just don't post in a Jason Peters thread. Go back to staring at shiny objects.

The guy played half the year at LT. I will tell you this Light played better against Merriman than the great Peters. Why don't you watch both games and tell me what you think. I thought for sure they would chip Merriman w/ Graham but Light handled him solo on 95% of the plays. Peters gave up 2 sacks to Merriman and Light gave up none. Merriman switched to Kaczur's side to get the only sack he had.

What difference does that make, especially since Light was holding Merriman throughout the 2nd half? Light gave up 7.5 sacks last year and Peters gave up 2 (and he gave up 1 to Merriman, FYI).

Peters didn't make it to the Pro Bowl because he didn't play a full season at LT AND because he didn't get the name recognition of a guy like Romo. However that doesn't mean he wasn't a better player than those chosen for the Pro Bowl.

Except, maybe, just maybe, just like every other Bills player we the fans tend to over estimate their ability and worth and are shocked when these players don't seem to get the big contract or recognition.

Maybe just maybe Peters isn't that good, and the hype and fawning over him was just because he was the best lineman out of a very bad bunch. Not that he was great or even good, but he was leapyears ahead of the rest of the tards on our own team.

Um, no. When a guy gets consideration for all-pro honors from well-respected sportswriters, it's a sign the kid is good.

And here's a little something about your favorite player, VA:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/A...alo/default.htm

So the "word" comes from Steve Tasker a lifelong Bills and Marv Levy friend and homeboy. Woohoo.