ESPN Sportscenter: Who will be the surprise team next year?

ajzepp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Irvin picks the Packers....Jaworski picks....DA BILLS!

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

Before the 2004 draft Jaworski predicted Losman would be the best QB to come out of that draft so he has a bit of a vested interest in his prediction.

Before the 2004 draft Jaworski predicted Losman would be the best QB to come out of that draft so he has a bit of a vested interest in his prediction.

losman had better numbers than eli and ben this season, and rivers has the best player in football carrying him...

hes not that far off

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

And Sports Illustrated picked the 2006 Miami Dolphins to win Superbowl XLI after finished 2005 strongly at 9-7.

Let's feel good about increased recognition for our 7-9 Bills, but let's take "expert" opinion with a grain of salt.

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

I'm surprised they actually picked real surprise teams instead of the usual "sleepers who aren't really sleepers because everyone else is picking them" (like Miami & Arizona this yr). Tennessee will probably become this team by July or so.

And Sports Illustrated picked the 2006 Miami Dolphins to win Superbowl XLI after finished 2005 strongly at 9-7.

Let's feel good about increased recognition for our 7-9 Bills, but let's take "expert" opinion with a grain of salt.

Hmmmm....I dunno, man. I think if Jaws says they're his pick for a surprise team, then that pretty much guarantees it.

Don't forget that these experts were asked to pick the surprise team of 2007. If none of these teams do well, these guys have nothing on the line.

That said, I was honestly hoping one of those guys picked the Bills....and I'm glad it wasn't Irvin.

Jaws is one of the few people on that network who actually studies and knows the game of football. Unlike the other "experts" who either continue to ignore or ridicule JP, Jaws (like most of us) saw a QB who improved leaps and bounds over the final eight weeks of the season. If it were Irvin or Salisbury or another goof on ESPN I wouldn't think too much of it. But coming from Jaws, it means something I think.

Why he's not on the MNF telecasts and Theismann is, is beyond me.

Jaws actually did film study sessions over last summer with Losman as well. He got to see the product up close and really understand JP's recognition skills and football smarts. If he believes it, it's coming from somewhere, not just a chic pick that sounds about right.

The Bills need to beat the Patriots at least once, and they need to win the division. With four games against Miami and the NYJ, it's the easiest way into the playoffs.

The Wild Card will always be tough. I expect Cincy to tighten the reigns and limit the off-field distractions. Even still, they were sitting at 8-5 and in prime position this year before losing their last three. I don't anticipate Big Ben nose-diving into the windshield of a car this offseason, and you know the Steelers will draft well. Baltimore may have been overrated or lucky, but they did go 13-3. San Diego will be in the mix, along with Denver. And KC made the playoffs this year. Indy will get in, and Jacksonville will be looming around like usual, as will the Titans.

By surprise team, I assume they're talking playoffs. 2nd place in the AFC East with a 9-7 or 8-8 record and no playoffs wouldn't qualify as a surprise to me.

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

irvin won't admit there's a team in buffalo, or even a city for that matter. when he's on now i turn the channel...started with the never-ending TO interviews during the season and i officially cut him off with the supreme classless maneuver of trash talking after he was elected to the HOF.