i know most of you are anti-pirating

DrDawkinstein

Of course, Artists don't make sh-- from online sales. Just ask Weird Al.

How, exactly, are you getting CDs from BMG for 6 bucks? That I would actually pay for.

Actually, you can get all of the cd's you want from BMG for less than $3. Just sign up for the Get 12 for the price of 1. Once you get your 12 cds. quit and rejoin again and do the same thing over again. I'm not sure if they still allow it, but they used to let you have 2 memberships per address. Sign up your dog or cat for the other one...just don't let them select the cds...and make sure they quit right after fulfilling their agreement.

This guy has some tips on using BMG: Link

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you can get all of the cd's you want from BMG for less than $3. Just sign up for the Get 12 for the price of 1. Once you get your 12 cds. quit and rejoin again and do the same thing over again. I'm not sure if they still allow it, but they used to let you have 2 memberships per address. Sign up your dog or cat for the other one...just don't let them select the cds...and make sure they quit right after fulfilling their agreement.

Blue Man Group is in the CD business now. I guess since they got kicked out of Luxor they needed to make money somehow.

Stealing music the hard way.

Of course, Artists don't make sh-- from online sales. Just ask Weird Al.

How, exactly, are you getting CDs from BMG for 6 bucks? That I would actually pay for.

I wait till they have sale like buy one at the regular super hyper inflated price plus the super hyper inflated shipping and handling charge and get unlimited cds for $1.99

When they run those sales I stock up. I also recently received notice if I bought the feature cd I got 4 free.

If you can wait and utilize their sales and buy 15 or so at once you get the aveage cost down between 6 and 7 bucks.

They are not the be all to end all but I'm pretty happy with when I buy like that.

good, me too. im just waiting for all the board-grandparents to come in and yell at me for stealing

Alright... :rolleyes:

Stealing is wrong. Regardless of whatever justification DrDankenstein (and others) stroke themselves with.

This stealing has had an effect...the Sony DVD ba-de-ba, the fact that lyrics formerly available on the I-net for free are now much less so. Thanks for that. You might not know, but board-grandparents never had to grow up with Ft. Knox anti-shoplifting packaging or security devices clipped to goods that gave an alert when leaving a merchant's premises. Congrats, DrD, and and like-minded responders, for bringing us that.

Evidently you are not aware that this site, like most, is constantly polled by Google and other search engines, and becomes part of public view. A lot of YouTube posters are in for a surprise down the road...although they will likely never know why they weren't hired, promoted, got fired, etc.

So a search of DrDankenstein (which may not be your DrDankenstein, but who knows?) gave a connection with twobillsdrive and the stealing of copyrighted material - a DrDankenstein named DAMIEN, 19 years old, with a MySpace come-hither profile, and several sexual references including participation in a site named "lambgoats"...

That you? :ph34r:

Perhaps R.I.A.A has the means to trace and take action. Watchya think?

lol, not sure who any of those other imposter Doctors are...

and the RIAA will never take me alive!

edit: ran the search myself, the only other profile that is mine is the digg.com profile :rolleyes:

and seriously, if you think for one second im afraid or worried about the RIAA, think again. id have to start paying taxes first before i worry about the consequences of sharing music :ph34r:

I am an intellectual property attorney and have worked with some of the RIAA defendants. I once thought the RIAA would not sue the end user--since then, that's been proven false. So copy up boys and come pay me when the RIAA sues you and you are found liable for copyright infringement of a few tens of thousands of dollars.

If you ever get a sense of honor, let me know and I'll scratch you as a potential client. Until then, the lawyers--who are always painted as the bad guys--thank you for the money.

edit: ran the search myself, the only other profile that is mine is the digg.com profile :rolleyes:

and seriously, if you think for one second im afraid or worried about the RIAA, think again. id have to start paying taxes first before i worry about the consequences of sharing music :ph34r:

Wanna bet?

http://www.betanews.com/article/RIAA_Sues_...;reply_to=47076

After originally planning to fight the charges, Torres opted to protect her daughter Brianna and settle with the RIAA for $2,000.

Ah...so you are that 19 year-old Damien...now admitting not paying taxes. Now you have the IRS after your hide, with their exquisite IP tracing. Do a better search.

Once you've hit rock bottom, 'tis best to stop digging... :devil:

I advise you to delete this topic.

After all, board-grandparents have seen considerably more of the world and have considerably more experience than DrDankenstein.

Ah...so you are that 19 year-old Damien...now admitting not paying taxes. Now you have the IRS after your hide, with their exquisite IP tracing. Do a better search.

Once you've hit rock bottom, 'tis best to stop digging... :devil:

I advise you to delete this topic.

After all, board-grandparents have seen considerably more of the world and have considerably more experience than DrDankenstein.

im almost more worried about you investigating me than the RIAA :ph34r:

and other than people who have served in foreign wars, i am pretty confident im one of the more well-travelled members here... :rolleyes:

Alright... :rolleyes:

Stealing is wrong. Regardless of whatever justification DrDankenstein (and others) stroke themselves with.

This stealing has had an effect...the Sony DVD ba-de-ba, the fact that lyrics formerly available on the I-net for free are now much less so. Thanks for that. You might not know, but board-grandparents never had to grow up with Ft. Knox anti-shoplifting packaging or security devices clipped to goods that gave an alert when leaving a merchant's premises. Congrats, DrD, and and like-minded responders, for bringing us that.

Evidently you are not aware that this site, like most, is constantly polled by Google and other search engines, and becomes part of public view. A lot of YouTube posters are in for a surprise down the road...although they will likely never know why they weren't hired, promoted, got fired, etc.

So a search of DrDankenstein (which may not be your DrDankenstein, but who knows?) gave a connection with twobillsdrive and the stealing of copyrighted material - a DrDankenstein named DAMIEN, 19 years old, with a MySpace come-hither profile, and several sexual references including participation in a site named "lambgoats"...

That you? :ph34r:

True story... As told again ad nauseum:

Ya... Right... They just did it the labor intensive way and move the product behind the counter... I said it earlier, my father said his father (my grandfather) would lift razor blades habitually back in the day... Back then, at the RX, they then started to move the product behind the counter... My father blamed his father!

So don't be so pious... You guys just aren't up on the tech!