And for my 4,000th post, I give you...

buckeyemike

I believe that this game is shaping up to be a carbon copy of the Colts-Ravens playoff game a few weeks back.

The Colts defense has been much maligned, we all know that. But, the D has come up big when needed this postseason. Holding Larry Johnson to 32 yards in the wildcard game was quite an accomplishment. The D didn't allow a touchdown to the Ravens, even though Baltimore's offense is not the second coming of the 1999 Rams. And, holding the Patriots to 13 second half points while the offense engineered the Colts Comeback was very impressive (and even more underrated...stopping Brady after the Colts couldn't get a first down with under four minutes left, which led to the final drive where Addai scored the conference championship-winning TD).

The Colts offense will be just fine. Peyton will move the ball between the 20s while completing the play-action passes that nobody does better. But, the key may well be Adam Vinatieri. There has never been a better clutch kicker in NFL history, and he will make his share of points Sunday.

As for da Bears, I am not impressed by Grossman, but the guy must be doing something right. Chicago's in the Super Bowl, after all. Credit must go mostly to their defense and special teams (especially Devin Hester), but Grossman has had his moments. Unfortunately, I think the high point of their season was the second half of the NFC title game.

I just don't see Rex Grossman outdueling Peyton Manning. And if that's what it comes down to, the Colts will have their first world championship since 1970.

I said Colts 42, Bears 24 earlier. I am revising that drastically, because the Bears D is good enough to keep Manning & Co. out of the end zone on a regular basis. But not to keep them out of field goal range.

My new prediction: Indianapolis Colts 19, Chicago Bears 7.

I believe that this game is shaping up to be a carbon copy of the Colts-Ravens playoff game a few weeks back.

The Colts defense has been much maligned, we all know that. But, the D has come up big when needed this postseason. Holding Larry Johnson to 32 yards in the wildcard game was quite an accomplishment. The D didn't allow a touchdown to the Ravens, even though Baltimore's offense is not the second coming of the 1999 Rams. And, holding the Patriots to 13 second half points while the offense engineered the Colts Comeback was very impressive (and even more underrated...stopping Brady after the Colts couldn't get a first down with under four minutes left, which led to the final drive where Addai scored the conference championship-winning TD).

The Colts offense will be just fine. Peyton will move the ball between the 20s while completing the play-action passes that nobody does better. But, the key may well be Adam Vinatieri. There has never been a better clutch kicker in NFL history, and he will make his share of points Sunday.

As for da Bears, I am not impressed by Grossman, but the guy must be doing something right. Chicago's in the Super Bowl, after all. Credit must go mostly to their defense and special teams (especially Devin Hester), but Grossman has had his moments. Unfortunately, I think the high point of their season was the second half of the NFC title game.

I just don't see Rex Grossman outdueling Peyton Manning. And if that's what it comes down to, the Colts will have their first world championship since 1970.

I said Colts 42, Bears 24 earlier. I am revising that drastically, because the Bears D is good enough to keep Manning & Co. out of the end zone on a regular basis. But not to keep them out of field goal range.

My new prediction: Indianapolis Colts 19, Chicago Bears 7.

Egad! In one season you've gone from the Bills to the Browns to the Colts. That's swapping of T-bonish proportions! :blink:

Chicago will win the game.

Egad! In one season you've gone from the Bills to the Browns to the Colts. That's swapping of T-bonish proportions! :worthy:

Chicago will win the game.

:blink:

No, I'm still with the Browns. As much as they're trying me right now.

The Lucky Charms (to steal a line from TMQ) helmet is my avatar now because they are what every AFC team wishes they were right now...at the Super Bowl.

BTW, the Bills come to Cleveland this fall!!

I would like to see the Colts win for many reasons, but I'm finding it difficult to believe that it will happen.

That said, if the Colts can prevent Hester from burning them during this game, it will be close.

Egad! In one season you've gone from the Bills to the Browns to the Colts. That's swapping of T-bonish proportions! :worthy:

Just for you, Beerball, I changed my avatar. This is the English soccer team that Browns owner Randy Lerner bought recently.

BTW, the Bills come to Cleveland this fall!!

I plan on attending the games in Philly and Pittsburgh, but I may also see if I can make the Cleveland game too. I've never been to the new stadium, but I did attend a few games @ the dive they used to play in.

I plan on attending the games in Philly and Pittsburgh, but I may also see if I can make the Cleveland game too. I've never been to the new stadium, but I did attend a few games @ the dive they used to play in.

The new one is a palace compared to the old place, most of which is now a reef just offshore.