• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victor Rivera and Dominic DeNucci

Chief Jay Strongbow and Sonny King

Victor Rivera and Tony Marino

Killer Kowalski and Gorilla Monsoon

:wallbash::lol:

No love for the Blackjacks? They were a bada** team, and Mulligan's feud w/ Andre (they had a great Texas Death Match many years ago) was legendary.

No love for the Blackjacks? They were a bada** team, and Mulligan's feud w/ Andre (they had a great Texas Death Match many years ago) was legendary.

sure they were good, but I also didn't mention Tony Garea & Haystacks Calhoun, or Professor Tanaka & Mr. Fuji either!

sure they were good, but I also didn't mention Tony Garea & Haystacks Calhoun, or Professor Tanaka & Mr. Fuji either!

Darin brought up Garea earlier too, but mentioned him w/ Martel. I still think the best partner he had was Larry Zbysko, though he never really had any slouches as partners.

My son was at a wrestling tourny this weekend and one of his teammates was rough housing with me and I said....

"Be careful or I'll hit with the Fuji and Siato "white powder"".....the kid looked at me...WHO?

man I felt old...

The kendo stick would work better.

Best tag teams of this generation

The Dudleys - Devon and Bubba (still together in TNA with their brother Runt, whom I am assuming is Spike)

The Hardy's - Amazing aerial manuvers and true high flyers

Edge and Christian - Had some amazing matches with the Dudleys and the Hardy's

Honorable mention to the Acolytes (APA) - Farooq and Bradshaw, Benoit and Guerrerro (although Eddie and Chavo were another good one), Worlds Greatest Tag team aren't bad

Best Tag TEams of the Past (or atleast when I was growing up)

Demolition

The Road Warriors

The Killer Bee's

Tito Santana and Rick Martel

Earthquake and Typhon

Bushwackers

The Rockers

Orient Express

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage

And My favorite Tag Team

The Hart Foundation (they are supposedly working on a new Hart Foundation with Neidharts Daughter, Davey Boy Smiths Son, and one other member of the extended Hart Foundation)

Okay wrestling fans, let's hear from you. I know all 7 of you are out there, so...

Who's your 5 favorite tag teams of all time and why?

Here's mine:

The Road Warriors

As good as tag team wrestling got, they were entertaining, tough, scary, and just plain brutal.

The Steiner Brothers

Very sound wrestlers (don't see much of that nowadays, which is why I no longer watch pro wrestling) who could bring it. The Steiner Line and the Frankensteiner were great to see.

Harlem Heat

Master showmen who also were tough as nails and good athletes. Their brief feud w/ Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater was some great stuff to watch. BTW, Buck and Slater were a fun tag team to watch, even though they had practically zero talent. All they did was beat people up.

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard

Great cheaters who also were technically sound wrestlers. They were the muscle of the Four Horsemen when they were arguably @ their meanest (remember when they broke Sting's leg?).

Rock N Roll Express

Not the biggest tag team, or the quickest, or the most technically sound, but man could they bring it. No matter how quick, skilled, tough, or large the opponent was, the Express could take 'em down.

There's other teams I really liked also, like the Hart Foundation, Rude/Fernandez, DiBiase/Rotundo, Hall/Nash, and the Strongbows for starters.

how can you possibly forget THE HART FOUNDATION? brett the hitman went on to become individual champion and the jim the anvil hart could match power with anyone. add in the pink heart outfits and you had the best team ever. only the road warriors had a chance against them

how can you possibly forget THE HART FOUNDATION? brett the hitman went on to become individual champion and the jim the anvil hart could match power with anyone. add in the pink heart outfits and you had the best team ever. only the road warriors had a chance against them

I mentioned the Hart Foundation, but they're not one of my 5 FAVORITE teams. It's a matter of opinion. I like the Harts, but I like the other 5 I mentioned more.

There's other teams I really liked also, like the Hart Foundation, Rude/Fernandez, DiBiase/Rotundo, Hall/Nash, and the Strongbows for starters.

By DiBiase/Rotundo you mean "Money, Inc." right? I'm partial to them because they were the champs when I first got into it (92-93?). Awesome gimmick w/ IRS and bonus points for being from Syracuse.

Hall/Nash were really good too; though there was a lot of unrealized potential with them.

It's weird; some of you guys are making me feel young (26) but when I watch these NWO youtube clips it's like "WTF that was 11 years ago?" What happened to this last decade?