How did Prioleau's PI penalty look on TV?

Tom

It looked clean in person but It was at game speed..... :doh:

His cheap shot on Cherbet was REAL DUMB though...... :doh:

64351[/snapback]

It looked pretty clean on TV. His arm did go behind the WR, but considering how the refs chose to ignore a more blatent PI on the short pass to Moulds, it was a pretty shaky call IMO.

It looked clean in person but It was at game speed..... :doh:

His cheap shot on Cherbet was REAL DUMB though...... :doh:

64351[/snapback]

I thought both penalties were very suspect...

even if you throw those 2 plays out, he got torched all day. :D

Nice fumble recovery though.

The hand was inded on the back of the receiver, although it did not impede the attempt to make a catch in any way. I'd say 3-4 years ago that it's a no call, but the way they try to benfit the WR these days I wasn't surprised. Hey , atleast he stayed with the WR , unlike #27.

I thought the worst penalty was the tripping call on Tucker...it was obvious that he didn't kick his leg up or anything that would resemble attempting to trip the defender.

64376[/snapback]

Yeah, that one hurt for sure. I'd agree with you, that was the most blatently crappy call of the day. There were a few non-calls where it looked like holding by NYJ, but the call on Tucker was especially bad.

All in all, I thought Tucker acquited himself rather well. I for one was greatly concerned with Teague out, but I'll be the first to say that Ross looked pretty good in there today.

no, it doesn't draw the flag every time. don't you watch other games? he wasn't holding, his arm was merely BEHIND him while his other arm batted the pass down. He has his head back at the perfect time, and pulled off good technique to make the play.

but the refs gave it to the jets anyway. THat's the way it was. The way PP played that, it's RARELY called PI, and when it is, it's the wrong call.

I thought the worst penalty was the tripping call on Tucker...it was obvious that he didn't kick his leg up or anything that would resemble attempting to trip the defender.

64376[/snapback]

That was terrible...that play happened right infront of my section(132 Row 3)...Tucker was engaged in the block with Abraham then slipped and Abraham fell over him....Leg Whip....WTF????.....what a Fing joke...

That was a 44yard FG attempt taking away from us...

no, it doesn't draw the flag every time. don't you watch other games? he wasn't holding, his arm was merely BEHIND him while his other arm batted the pass down. He has his head back at the perfect time, and pulled off good technique to make the play.

but the refs gave it to the jets anyway. THat's the way it was. The way PP played that, it's RARELY called PI, and when it is, it's the wrong call.

64386[/snapback]

The Bill's Backers bar where I am a member built a room on the back two years ago and it is beautiful.

I sit in the main part of the bar where I can see every game due to my fantasy football obligations and the fact that my group of family and friends support other teams.

When the defender places his arm on the receiver's back, it draws the flag every time. Is it always the right call; no, but thats the way it goes against the defender.

Nothing wrong with being a homer, but don't be blinded by the light.

Prioleau's arm was on the receiver's back...draws the flag every time.

64356[/snapback]

Unless you're Deion Sanders. Watching the Ravens game tonight he is mugging the Wash WR's. Hands all over them. Even Theismann is getting annoyed that they don't throw a PI flag on him.

I'm glad to hear they made more room, it was a little too crowded (and smokey) for my tastes that first year after Smoties closed.

64437[/snapback]

I agree. I don't know how the smoke situation is in the back room as I don't sit back there. Smoty's was a great place to watch the game and I miss it dearly.

I liked when a Jets defender ran down a Bills player about 5 minutes after a play finished (this was in the 4th Q) and nothing was called. The announcers claimed "No Harm, No Foul" but how many times have the Bills been penalized for this stevestojan? The zebras have been hitting us with the rinky-dink stevestojan all year.

That's not to excuse the sorry performance, but jesus, can a brother get some help here?

64376[/snapback]

Exactly, Tucker took his legs out with his shoulders...it wasn't even close to being a leg whip. I can totally understand if a ref doesn't see something and misses a call. I'll never understand how they call things that they "think" they've seen. If you're not sure you saw it, don't call it!