Superbowl 25 re-air

RLflutie7

Superbowl 25 will re-air on the NFL Network on Thursday at 8:30 p.m. This is the original broadcast.

Also, Since I'm one of Peyton Mannings biggest critics on this board I thought I'd give him some credit because he got to the Superbowl and he did it the hard way. I don't think the Colts will win because Chicago is the better team.

I don't blame you, but keep in mind that if these SB games get good ratings we might get more 70s, 80's, 90s games.

Cowboys-Steelers from 1979 was on last night...Curt Gowdy, Merlin Olsen, etc. Couldn't help but watch. Good stuff. Kept looking for the score box at the top of the screen... :lol:

I won't be watching any of the Bills' Bowls, :( but the ones from the 70's are very entertaining.

I've never watched a repeat of this game, and I have to say I'm looking forward to it. I have learned so much more about this game than I ever knew 15 and 16 years ago. It'll actually be fun to follow the playcalling, individual player performance, etc. while having a better understanding of the game today.

Superbowl 25 will re-air on the NFL Network on Thursday at 8:30 p.m. This is the original broadcast.

Also, Since I'm one of Peyton Mannings biggest critics on this board I thought I'd give him some credit because he got to the Superbowl and he did it the hard way. I don't think the Colts will win because Chicago is the better team.

That is not a given.....Chicago does have a weak link in Rex Grossman...If you pressure Grossman, he will throw the picks.....This will come down to if the Colts defense can stop

the 1-2 punch of Jones-Benson and if Addai/Rhodes can run over the Chicago defense.

Also worried about the colts Kick coverage.....If Hobbs was able to get so much chunk of yards, what will Hester do ?

If Chicago is the better team, why did they lose to the Pats and the Colts didn't? :blink:

Just messin with ya.

There are many reasons one can believe that Bears will win. Here are three:

1) The Colts basically just played their SB. Maybe they peaked?

2) Grass vs. Art. Turf.

3) Special teams. If Hobbs was returning that way on the Colts coverage squad, how badly will Hester feast on them? Scary.

But alas, the Colts have two of my favorite player.....Manning and Harrison. I'm pulling for them, and if they get it going, it could be a long day for the Bears D.

This game is essentially a toss up in my eyes.

I've never watched a repeat of this game, and I have to say I'm looking forward to it. I have learned so much more about this game than I ever knew 15 and 16 years ago. It'll actually be fun to follow the playcalling, individual player performance, etc. while having a better understanding of the game today.

This is the only one of the four Super Bowls I have watched a second time. You know, it was really a terrific football game, if you can remove yourself from the fact that the Bills lost. The Bills had nothing to be ashamed of that day, and even when re-watching it, I felt really proud of that team, and proud to be a Bills fan.

Incidently, while transferring a bunch of games from the late 80's early 90's to disc, I was struck by how much better the quality of play was, than it is now. Don't want to come off like a grumpy old guy, but the players played with much more discipline, in general. The tackling was sound. A defensive battle back in those days was a joy to watch...now, maybe because of the salary cap, special teams are weak, and the defenses are not as dominating. The games are not as intense...

:blink: Why do you say that?

I agree with this statement.

This was also one of the last "great" super bowls between two outstanding football teams.

This day in age you may as well just call it the "mediocre" bowl.

This was a tremendous battle between two heavyweights with hall-of-famers on both sides.

Quite honestly, I'm proud as a Bills fan that we were part of that game.

Now that being said .. I think i prefer watching NFL films' half hour recap of it

rather than the full version.

This is the only one of the four Super Bowls I have watched a second time. You know, it was really a terrific football game, if you can remove yourself from the fact that the Bills lost. The Bills had nothing to be ashamed of that day, and even when re-watching it, I felt really proud of that team, and proud to be a Bills fan.

Incidently, while transferring a bunch of games from the late 80's early 90's to disc, I was struck by how much better the quality of play was, than it is now. Don't want to come off like a grumpy old guy, but the players played with much more discipline, in general. The tackling was sound. A defensive battle back in those days was a joy to watch...now, maybe because of the salary cap, special teams are weak, and the defenses are not as dominating. The games are not as intense...