senoir bowl

tombstone56

as many a draftnik suspected ,, at the weigh in for the senior bowl many players real height weight are known.. AMOBI OKOYE did his weigh in..

now ,,checking in at 6'1/4" and weighed in at 274lbs. ,, this isnt a anchor we need for the middle.. his draft position just went from high first to late first at best

I think it might not be a bad idea to wait and see how he plays in the senior bowl. Kid is only 19 years old and may have some filling out to do.

I doubt he'll improve on that height much though-

ironically - he still may fit the mold of what the bills feel they need in their attacking scheme.

the numbers I've seen have him at 287 lbs from nfldraftcountdown.com. Still too light for a NT. Though he is only 20 years old and would probably easily gain a good 10 or 15 lbs with a little age and in a pro training regimen. McCargo was basically the same kind of prospect - 3 technique guy.

We'll likely pass in rd. 1.

Jauron733 is correct. 6'2 and 287 lbs. NFL DraftCountdown is very reliable also, as is GreatBlueNorth. A lot of good sized but not fat slob guards out there too, hope we get one of em'. Levi Brown, Justin Blaylock, or Ben Grubbs and I'll be a happy camper. :worthy:

Jauron733 is correct. 6'2 and 287 lbs. NFL DraftCountdown is very reliable also, as is GreatBlueNorth. A lot of good sized but not fat slob guards out there too, hope we get one of em'. Levi Brown, Justin Blaylock, or Ben Grubbs and I'll be a happy camper. :worthy:

The original poster was right. This weigh in just happened today.

Mostly this goes to show why all draft predictions today and actually anytime before some the reactions of the Bills to the interviews at the Combine are worth the amount of the paper these TSW messages are printed on,

The official weights and heights of many players is open to some doubts and the other statistical indicators collected at the Combine and the results of meeting and talking to these players for the first and for many the only time can produce a make or break choice for many a draft pick.

The draft is a fun and entertaining distraction and amusement for us fans but until we see whom the team actually chooses it really is little more than that.

the weigh-in was today - the heights and weights were reported and discussed by nfldraftcountdown and probably many other sites. Okoye's height was 6'2 and his weight 287. His listed (by the school) height and weight was 6'1, 317 lbs.

Brodrick Bunkley comes to mind for some reason... And how's that TE doing out in SF?... It's actually great that every year teams drop such high picks on workout warriors - leaves better players for us to draft.

Actually, the TE our in SF got hurt, so his talent is yet to be determined.

Actually, the TE our in SF got hurt, so his talent is yet to be determined.

You know I thought the same thing until I was talking to my buddy who's a 49er fan;

He was out for much of the beginning of the year but started the final 7 games. His performances were so quiet that were really easy to miss. Actually he had one good day against the Cardinals but all in all not what you're hoping from a top 5 pick.

Really though neither Davis or Bunkley have been in the league long enough to really say if they'll pan out or not.

the numbers I've seen have him at 287 lbs from nfldraftcountdown.com. Still too light for a NT. Though he is only 20 years old and would probably easily gain a good 10 or 15 lbs with a little age and in a pro training regimen. McCargo was basically the same kind of prospect - 3 technique guy.

We'll likely pass in rd. 1.

We need an immediate impact player on the DL....We cannot have another grooming year....McCargo has to be able to come back from his injury and take a big role in the DT rotation. We need to find a FA DT who can come and start in Tim Anderson position immediately.

The problem (in my opinion) with putting too much emphasis on weights of college juniors and seniors is that we really have no idea how their bodies will adjust and adapt once they are on an NFL training regimen. A guy who is 265 now may wind up being 290 in a couple of years as his body matures and he adds bulk.

Edit: and similarly, a guy who is 290 now might be fat and out of shape, and not turn out to be the "big body" you're looking for.

It's such a crap shoot. You just have to pick football players.

as many a draftnik suspected ,, at the weigh in for the senior bowl many players real height weight are known.. AMOBI OKOYE did his weigh in..

now ,,checking in at 6'1/4" and weighed in at 274lbs. ,, this isnt a anchor we need for the middle.. his draft position just went from high first to late first at best

If height and weight determined matters Thurman, London Fletcher, Charley Tolar, dare i say Zach Thomas, Doug Flutie, Roscoe, Lee Evans, Nick Buonoconti and so on versus Mike Williams, Tony Mandarich, Walt Patulski, Gabe Northern and many other cant miss guys.............Can they play?