Reche Caldwell's Eyes

5 Wide

How far did the Patriots get with Branch last year?

A lot of factors contributed to the Pats losing this game. Trading Branch was not one of them.

HD,

Your argument is flawed...They also did not go to the super bowl with Brady at the helm....Does it mean not having Brady for this season would not have been an issue ?

What I was saying was that Branch does not make that mental mistake in the playoffs...at least he did not as long as he was with the Pats during that super bowl run....and was a bigger threat than a Caldwell or Gaffney....I think the Colts did not respect the Pats WRs as much as their run game and were determined to stop the Patriots from running over....

Other than that 1 big play by Dillon, the Pats ran a lot draw plays and screens....not power running.....They put the entire game on the shoulders of Brady and brady did not have the weapons....The Colts covered both Graham and Watson and gave a free pass to Caldwell and Gaffney....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of disagree. As much as the defense let up the big play,(showing the secondary is weak) I recall many dropped balls yesterday which just killed some drives. You take aaway afew of those dropped balls, and maybe u extend drives keeping peyton off the field, and putting up more points for the pats.

The problem wasn't the drops, the problem was that they were passing that much in the first place. The Patriots ran the ball 5 times in the second half yesterday. They lost the game because they did the same thing they did when they played the Colts in November - they abandoned the run the second the Colts' offense began to click.

HD,

Your argument is flawed...They also did not go to the super bowl with Brady at the helm....Does it mean not having Brady for this season would not have been an issue ?

All I'm saying is that with Branch on the team last year, the Patriots got knocked off in the divisional round. Without Branch this year, they lasted a round longer. I'll take that and a 1st rounder (and not having to use up $39 million on a guy whose production simply doesn't warrant it).

What I was saying was that Branch does not make that mental mistake in the playoffs...at least he did not as long as he was with the Pats during that super bowl run....

One drop shouldn't lose you the game (the other drop was negated because they scored on the next play).

Look, I was as pissed at anyone at Caldwell for the drops, but Branch being on the team wouldn't have won them this game, unless Branch could play safety, linebacker, call offensive plays, and ward off the flu.

All I'm saying is that with Branch on the team last year, the Patriots got knocked off in the divisional round. Without Branch this year, they lasted a round longer. I'll take that and a 1st rounder (and not having to use up $39 million on a guy whose production simply doesn't warrant it).

We don't know that...May be the team last year with Branch was not as good as the one this year in other areas....May be with Branch they do go to the super bowl without making those

mistakes. Yes...there were problems at LB, safety positions, but so did at WR position....

When Branch was with the Pats, all the pat fans were having a branch-love-fest, as how he was the most underrated WR in the AFC and how he was even better than a Harrison or a Chad Johnson....The fact that someone gave up a 1st round pick and 39M dollar contract indicates that the NFL thinks of Branch as a top notch WR and he has the #s to back him up. Now that he is not a Pat anymore, it is ok to say that he was more an average WR...

This is like many of the Bills fans claiming that Clements is a very overrated CB because they know they won't be able to re-sign him.

When Branch was with the Pats, all the pat fans were having a branch-love-fest, as how he was the most underrated WR in the AFC and how he was even better than a Harrison or a Chad Johnson....

I can't speak for other Patriots fans, but I never said anything along those lines. I valued his contributions and felt he was terrific in big games, but I was not quite so effusive in my praise.

The fact that someone gave up a 1st round pick and 39M dollar contract indicates that the NFL thinks of Branch as a top notch WR

The NFL didn't give up the pick and the money, Seattle did.

and he has the #s to back him up.

He does?

Those don't look like $39 million numbers to me.

Now that he is not a Pat anymore, it is ok to say that he was more an average WR...

He's not average. Far from it. He's just not worth anywhere near $39 million.

One drop shouldn't lose you the game (the other drop was negated because they scored on the next play).

Look, I was as pissed at anyone at Caldwell for the drops, but Branch being on the team wouldn't have won them this game, unless Branch could play safety, linebacker, call offensive plays, and ward off the flu.

BLESSED is the leader who knows no discouragement, who presents no alibi.

You leading us HD?

The problem wasn't the drops, the problem was that they were passing that much in the first place. The Patriots ran the ball 5 times in the second half yesterday. They lost the game because they did the same thing they did when they played the Colts in November - they abandoned the run the second the Colts' offense began to click.

Maroney's lack of production had a lot to do with it, IMO. He came up real small yesterday, which surprised the heck out of me. And I don't think they felt confident giving Dillon the majority of the carries due to the fatigue factor.

Maroney's lack of production had a lot to do with it, IMO. He came up real small yesterday, which surprised the heck out of me. And I don't think they felt confident giving Dillon the majority of the carries due to the fatigue factor.

Still, one has to keep it up - without, expect a steady diet of pass rushes. I didn't think it was a question of fatique on Dillon's part.

It's actually some kind of condition. Barbara Bush has it as well. Can't remember....have to google it.

Exophthalmos, or Graves' Opthamolopathy. One of the most obvious symptoms of Graves' Disease, also known as autoimmune thyrotoxicosis. Remember the actor Marty Feldman, the guy who played Igor in Young Frankenstein? That's what untreated hyperthyroidism can progress to. Feldman died in his forties of heart disease, also brought on by Graves'.

Barbara and George HW Bush were both treated for hyperthyroidism -- that's what caused GHWB's atrial fibrillation, which I think he's still taking meds for -- as was Olympic sprinter Gail Devers. Seahawks WR Bobby Engram just went through a thyroid-related illness and missed a significant part of the season, although I haven't heard exactly which form he has...

I mentioned hyperthyroidism as a possibility earlier in this thread (and to my husband yesterday when we were watching the game!) but didn't expect anyone else to come up with Grave's Opthalmopathy! Are you a doctor?

Exophthalmos, or Graves' Opthamolopathy. One of the most obvious symptoms of Graves' Disease, also known as autoimmune thyrotoxicosis. Remember the actor Marty Feldman, the guy who played Igor in Young Frankenstein? That's what untreated hyperthyroidism can progress to. Feldman died in his forties of heart disease, also brought on by Graves'.

Barbara and George HW Bush were both treated for hyperthyroidism -- that's what caused GHWB's atrial fibrillation, which I think he's still taking meds for -- as was Olympic sprinter Gail Devers. Seahawks WR Bobby Engram just went through a thyroid-related illness and missed a significant part of the season, although I haven't heard exactly which form he has...

I attribute that to being a rookie. As a whole most of the rookie's that played so well all season were less then stellar in the post season. Addai also took somewhat of a backseat in Indy, Colston missed big catches in Chicago, and so forth. I'm not saying they sucked, I'm just saying that they're rookies and they had rookie jitters in big games. That's to be expected. That's why relying on rookies to turn your team around and get you in the Superbowl is not the best plan.

My father had Graves several years ago. His eyes bugged out like Caldwell's

My father had Graves several years ago. His eyes bugged out like Caldwell's

To answer Hootie's question, I'm not a doctor, but starting about thirteen years ago I've had a really, really good reason to read up on Graves'/thyrotoxicosis. Fortunately, that's one of the symptoms I didn't have -- could do without the cardiac complications, but the mere thought of eye surgery makes me cringe.

who is Marty Feldman? Until I clicked the link I thought you were talking about that kid from The Goonies

Boy you are a youngin'! Corey Feldman was the kid from The Goonies.

I believe Bette Davis had it too later in life?

Actually she had beautiful eyes young... "She's got Bette Davis Eyes"... Line from the pop song in the 1980's (Kim Carnes)... Don't ask how I know... :worthy:

Seattle gave up a pick for Branch.

But Bob Kraft....he never gives up a chance to pick!

Exactly... A owner is sh*t in my book for openly admitting that under the Sullivan's he and other friend's would squeeze 6 people into the stadium on 4 season tickets...

Something is wrong with this picture and theft of service... And to openly admit it!

And you wonder why the Sullivan's were knee deep in crap... Thanks to the cheapsake NE Yankee!

This just epitomizes his hypocrisy... Nice to see the 10 year old with the broken back will be wearing a Brady jersey though!

:worthy: