Early Outlook

Yes, it an early prediction. Yes, it is subject to change. There are a few free agents I think the Bills should pursue, I will name them at a later date. I think the first off-season priority though is to re-sign Nate Clements. Second I trade Willis McGahee to some one for a second, hopefully first round pick. If it is a second or late first, I trade it to move back up into the middle of the first round. Now with that potentially done here I go:

Round 1 First Pick Marshawn Lynch RB 5'11 215 California (Marvs next Thurman Thomas)

Round 1 Second Pick Justin Blalock OG 6'4 330 Texas (Big time run blocker)

Round 3 Third Pick Johnathan Abbate ILB 6'0 245 Wake Forest (Future for the middle)

Round 4 Fourth Pick Paul Soliai DT 6'4 335 Utah (Size and will slowly be worked into first and second down situations)

Round 5 Fifth Pick Micheal Allan TE 6'7 264 Whitworth (Pete Metzelaars height and a fair blocker, stock is on the rise)

Round 6 Sixth Pick Deyon Williams WR 6'3 195 Virginia (Up and coming, stats are improving)

Round 7 Seventh Pick Kenny Scott CB 6'2 185 Georgia Tech (Tall guy with a good upside. Good coaching and he will blossom.)

Now this is merely my opinion and I am sure it will be criticized, that I can handle. So go ahead, I am open to thoughts and opinions.

I really like this mock draft, but it's gonna be real hard for the Bills to get anything more than a 3rd for Willis. Also, the Bills won't retain Nate unless they're willing to give out a huge contract, which seems unlikely.

In particular, I really like Lynch, and the 6th and 7th round picks. I didn't know Kenny Scott was that big, I saw him at the East West Shrine Game on Saturday and he looked really fast. Another receiver who I think would be a good pick for the Bills would be Jacoby Jones, from Lane college. He was also in the East West game, and he's 6'4" and very fast.

I'm liking the draft....MARSHAWN of course is an easy pick if he is still on the board in my mind....

I dont think we have to trade Mcgahee but if it happens we wont get more then a late to early 3rd rounder at best....so Blalock is out of the question.....Maybe Grubbs or Sears in the 2nd or 3rd??

Soliai would be a nice 2nd day pick....

and cieslak, Jacoby Jones would be an awesome 2nd day pick....

my draft would go something like this:

Marshawn Lynch RB

Ben Grubbs OG

Anthony Waters LB

Tim Duckworth OG

Stanley Doughty DT

Jacoby Jones WR

my draft would go something like this:

Marshawn Lynch RB

Ben Grubbs OG

Anthony Waters LB

Tim Duckworth OG

Stanley Doughty DT

Jacoby Jones WR

Nice mock here too...Getting both Auburn guards would be a great move, and Waters in the 3rd seems like a good fit too. The only pick I couldn't see the Bills doing is Doughty. From the comments said about him by Steve Spurrier when he left school early, he seems like a lazy player who wouldn't fit Marv's character mold. Real good mock though.

I'm liking the draft....MARSHAWN of course is an easy pick if he is still on the board in my mind....

This does not seem likely as from looking at a few draft sites Lynch should still be on the board when the Bills pick as several other RBs starting with Adrian Petersen seem to impress many far more than Lynch.

Lynch is a good player certainly but why waste your first round pick on a player who quite possibly spends most of his time on the bench if the competition from him in his FA year lights a fire under WM.

It appears the only reason the Bills trade WM since they are in the drivers seat with him contractually is that they decide he is is such a pain in the neck off-field they need to get rid of him or that he will never produce. Neither reason bodes well for getting very much for him.

My guess is that WM stays and both Marv and Ralph are too old to spend yet another season preparing for the future. My guess is that they use the 1st round pick to help the team stop the run or to run the ball by getting better blockers rather than wasting the 1st rounder on an RB.

Yes, it an early prediction. Yes, it is subject to change. There are a few free agents I think the Bills should pursue, I will name them at a later date. I think the first off-season priority though is to re-sign Nate Clements. Second I trade Willis McGahee to some one for a second, hopefully first round pick. If it is a second or late first, I trade it to move back up into the middle of the first round. Now with that potentially done here I go:

Round 1 First Pick Marshawn Lynch RB 5'11 215 California (Marvs next Thurman Thomas)

Round 3 Third Pick Johnathan Abbate ILB 6'0 245 Wake Forest (Future for the middle)

Round 4 Fourth Pick Paul Soliai DT 6'4 335 Utah (Size and will slowly be worked into first and second down situations)

Round 5 Fifth Pick Micheal Allan TE 6'7 264 Whitworth (Pete Metzelaars height and a fair blocker, stock is on the rise)

Round 6 Sixth Pick Deyon Williams WR 6'3 195 Virginia (Up and coming, stats are improving)

Round 7 Seventh Pick Kenny Scott CB 6'2 185 Georgia Tech (Tall guy with a good upside. Good coaching and he will blossom.)

Now this is merely my opinion and I am sure it will be criticized, that I can handle. So go ahead, I am open to thoughts and opinions.

I like your mock but you think that Buffalo could get a 1st round pick for a guy who didn't even finish in the top 20 this year in any statistical category, a guy who has major mouth problems and dedication issues.

Willis McGahee will net no more than a 5th round pick for the Bills.

Nice mock here too...Getting both Auburn guards would be a great move, and Waters in the 3rd seems like a good fit too. The only pick I couldn't see the Bills doing is Doughty. From the comments said about him by Steve Spurrier when he left school early, he seems like a lazy player who wouldn't fit Marv's character mold. Real good mock though.

I worry about taking guys from the same line, it's like McCargo playing on the same line as Mario Williams. There was synergy between all that made every player appear better than what they actually were.

I know we're talking O-line here but it still concerns me as I think McCargo will probably be labeled a bust by years end 2008.

I know it makes it more fun to add picks by conjuring up fantasy trades-

but it just makes a mock draft a double fantasy- and makes it null and void right out of the gate.

(also-why does every Bills fan "fantasy" trade always seem to tilt in the Bills favor?)

No 5th Rounder this year

Our first round pick this year was Anthony Hargrove.

And there is no way that Willis gets Buffalo a first rounder, I would doubt you'd even get a first day pick for him.

If it would be so easy for Buffalo to get a replacement for him in the draft, Why would another team give up a first for him? Why wouldn't they use that pick for his replacement?

Since Blalock is out of the picture, unless he falls (which is still possible), I would take a serious look at Josh Beekman, OG from BC. I think he might turn some heads. Then I would trade Willis and get the third round pick and draft a DT or a TE.

From the what it's worth department.... I subscribe to Ourlads Draft guides and their assessment on Justin Blalock is that he reminds some of them of a young Will Shields! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Oh, and by the way, the Bills would have never taken Thurman Thomas if fans had their way because they ALL remembered the pick of Terry Miller out of Oklahoma State. Just food for thought!?!?

I think the first off-season priority though is to re-sign Nate Clements. Second I trade Willis McGahee to some one for a second, hopefully first round pick.

Since neither of these things is going to happen, maybe you should start over.

Heard an NFL scout on a local talk radio in L.A. compare Lynch to Thurman Thomas and Adrian Peterson to Eric Dickerson...in styles, not necessarily in ability. Lynch, if you've ever watched him. has a lot of savvy and DESIRE ! Something I wished the Bills had more of at this position. Sadly, the chances of us getting this "difference maker" are probably less than 1 in 32.