#12 on Mel's big board

Beerball

Would make several here very happy indeed.

12. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: 5

A four-year veteran, and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick and explosive and goes all-out on every play. He is not only good at eating up space but also gets good penetration into the backfield. He's second on the Cardinals in both sacks and tackles for loss.

For those without access here are his top 15:

*1. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225)

2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313)

3. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame (6-3½, 225)

*4. JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU (6-6, 260)

*5. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas (6-5, 270)

*6. Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218)

*7. Alan Branch, DT, Michigan (6-5½, 328)

*8. Marshawn Lynch, RB, California (5-11, 224)

9. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson (6-4½, 260)

10. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan (5-11, 193)

11. LaRon Landry, DB, LSU (6-1½, 205)

12. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298)

13. Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame (6-4½, 215)

*14. Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC (6-4, 210)

*15. Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee (6-2½, 210)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiper has never impressed me. a WR will not go 1st, anyone who would do that is crazy. I'd be happy w/Okoye, Branch, Bush, Irons, or a really good guard or tight end...lots of guys can help.....crack out the shopping cart! :thumbdown:

Okoye would be a great first round pick. Aaron Sears, a tackle out of Tennessee who could play guard is my favorite for the second round. 300 pounds and above for the first three or four picks. We're going to the playoffs next year and need shoring up in the trenches more than anything else.

Kiper has never impressed me. a WR will not go 1st, anyone who would do that is crazy. I'd be happy w/Okoye, Branch, Bush, Irons, or a really good guard or tight end...lots of guys can help.....crack out the shopping cart! :thumbdown:

Keyshawn Johnson anyone? And I don't think his big board is who he projects to go in those spots, I think it's nothing more than him rating the best players in the draft top to bottom.

Okoye would be a great first round pick. Aaron Sears, a tackle out of Tennessee who could play guard is my favorite for the second round. 300 pounds and above for the first three or four picks. We're going to the playoffs next year and need shoring up in the trenches more than anything else.

FWIW...Mel has him as his #4 guard...

1. Ben Grubbs, Auburn

2. Josh Beekman, Boston College

3. Justin Blalock, Texas

4. Arron Sears, Tennessee

5. Andy Alleman, Akron

5a. Tim Duckworth, Auburn 5b. Dan Santucci, Notre Dame

More FWIW, Scouts Inc does not have a guard going in their round 1 mock, but they do have 3 tackles coming off the board.

says who?

he's a very good WR< and I wouldn't mind getting him, but I consider Jarrett the top talent in the draft- still taking a WR with the first overall is not a wise move- I still Laugh at the Jests for taking Meshawn

FWIW...Mel has him as his #4 guard...

1. Ben Grubbs, Auburn

2. Josh Beekman, Boston College

3. Justin Blalock, Texas

4. Arron Sears, Tennessee

5. Andy Alleman, Akron

5a. Tim Duckworth, Auburn 5b. Dan Santucci, Notre Dame

More FWIW, Scouts Inc does not have a guard going in their round 1 mock, but they do have 3 tackles coming off the board.

I have no problem taking a tackle in round one or two and having him play guard for a couple years, if that particular player is capable of doing it.

yes it would make me happy...but then, drafting mike williams made me happy. i love you guys who go to the trouble of dredging up all this draft stuff, but i just have to shrug my shoulders at it all till the guys get here and start playing.

however, i have to say a NINETEEN YEAR OLD who is a dominating d-1 player is very tanatalizing indeed. i coach 19-22 year olds, and about 100% of them are twice the athlete at 22 than they were at age 19. how much better COULD he be in the 3 years? it seems like a no-brainer, but then again, mike williams.

marv, please figure it out, would you?

homer in orange singing rocky top song....but I must agree!!!

I really think the Bills are better off not adressing the o-line early and trying to rebuild it through free-agency. Marv said himslef last year most o-linmen aren't going to get it done as rookies. I know there are exception, ie. Tony Boselli, but I say get someone who can make an imediate impact at #12.

I want Jeff Samardzija

The guy is a phenomenal possession reciever.

But that would be the end of Sam Aiken/Andre Davis :-/

but no one kows if hes even playing football

dude got drafted and signed with the Chicago Cubs last year.

IF he makes a sure commitment to football than im all for him, but until then im pretending hes not even there.

If we can draft Sears we can move Peters back to RT and let Pennington fight for the guard position. Why move a natural LT to guard?

Ummm........because Peters has played well as a LT in the nfl and Pennington is 6,7 which is really tall for a guard - where Sears is 6,4 which is short for OT and good for guard.

Ummm........because Peters has played well as a LT in the nfl and Pennington is 6,7 which is really tall for a guard - where Sears is 6,4 which is short for OT and good for guard.

Sears is a natural LT...where Peters is a converted TE...I would take Sears here.