Miami to play in Europe

Gordio

I heard on the GR this morning that it is being reported that Miami will be playing their home game in Europe. What is interesting is it said that the bills & the giants are the 2 finalists for the road game. I cant believe it will be the bills though. To schedule a division game at a neutral site is kinda crazy.

I heard on the GR this morning that it is being reported that Miami will be playing their home game in Europe. What is interesting is it said that the bills & the giants are the 2 finalists for the road game. I cant believe it will be the bills though. To schedule a division game at a neutral site is kinda crazy.

Of course it is Miami. God dammit.

I think they would send the Giants before they sent the Bills. I mean, granted, the Giants do very well in terms of attendance when compared to the Bills, but the Giants seem to be a staple in the NFL. It only makes sense that you would send an American team from the Big Apple, the best known city in America, over to Europe to face a bunch of guys dressed up like queer turqoise dolphins.

The league loves the Giants; they'll make the Bills go and suffer through the travel and pain in playing in Europe.

Of course it is Miami. God dammit.

I think they would send the Giants before they sent the Bills. I mean, granted, the Giants do very well in terms of attendance when compared to the Bills, but the Giants seem to be a staple in the NFL. It only makes sense that you would send an American team from the Big Apple, the best known city in America, over to Europe to face a bunch of guys dressed up like queer turqoise dolphins.

If all the NFL send us is the Fish and the Giants, two teams that will be among the 5 worst NFL teams next year I'll be very upset!

Since they are sending the Dolphins, I would assume they would send an NFC team to face them. It only makes sense to have one AFC & one NFC team play. Thay way Europe gets a real taste of football......its too bad they will have to subject themselves to watching the Dolphins

This is bullschit. It should be the NYG playing a home game in Europe, to make up for that "away" game they played at Giants Stadium against the Saints in '05!!!

Its isn't going to matter, the league is going to work it so every team is going to lose one home and one away game to a European city to make it fair for everyone.

It just better be the first game of the season or the game before the bye week for both teams, it wouldn't be fair to have to travel to europe for one week and then have to head back and play a game the next week

Its isn't going to matter, the league is going to work it so every team is going to lose one home and one away game to a European city to make it fair for everyone.

It just better be the first game of the season or the game before the bye week for both teams, it wouldn't be fair to have to travel to europe for one week and then have to head back and play a game the next week

Reading you it's just like Europe was on an other planet... i don't know why travelling to London for Miami 'd be that much tougher than travelling to Seattle for exemple...

Why is it so different.especially for East Coast Teams...East coast teams travel to the West Coast and play and vice versa.....3 hr time difference.....East coast to Europe is only 5 hour time difference....Now...if a west coast team is asked to play in Europe, that is a 8hr difference....and I don't want be that team to play in Europe....

It's not the time difference, its the flight time. Dublin (close enough to London) to NY is 8 hours and Miami another 2 hours. Travelling forward against the clock is where the jet lag happens. I'd expect both team to be play just before or after the bye week.

Bloody sticky fishes where here before with some guy called Marino (whatever happened to him, huh?), fingers crossed they send the Bills and it turns into a blood bath for the fishes, if not, suppose I'll have to cheer on the G'ants.

Noose and fish anyone?

It's not the time difference, its the flight time. Dublin (close enough to London) to NY is 8 hours and Miami another 2 hours. Travelling forward against the clock is where the jet lag happens. I'd expect both team to be play just before or after the bye week.

Bloody sticky fishes where here before with some guy called Marino (whatever happened to him, huh?), fingers crossed they send the Bills and it turns into a blood bath for the fishes, if not, suppose I'll have to cheer on the G'ants.

Noose and fish anyone?

Tell me about jet lag....I travel twice that distance when I go home....I think the time to fly from Miami or NY is almost the same, and also I think it is the same for the WC folks too as the trip goes over the Pole.....

I still think the game will be between the Giants and Miami.....As some one mentioned people in Europe are familiar with NYC and that is what they will end up rooting for....They could care less about a team from the NY state, unless we rename ourselves as the "Niagara Falls Bills".

the flight time will be the same for the two teams (while when the Fish play on the west coast the other team is fresh!) ... and well the NFL will not make them travel in coach... First class by British Airways is not that tiring!!

The main issue though is not the impacts on the two teams in that game, the issue is about the impact on both teams compared to their opponents in next game.

This is one reason why both teams almost certainly must have a bye the next week as they will be facing their next opponent while having recovered as best they can from the 5 hour time zone shift (and the even longer flight time), while the opponent will have had their regular schedule.

If the teams that travel to Europe utlize their bye week the next week, they can essentially scrap the week afterwards for much use besides recovery to the extent individuals are thrown off their regular routine and their game by the trip.

However, if they were required to play the next weekend, I think the teams that travel to Europe will be at a significant disadvantage against a team which stayed home.

Not only will their own diurnal rhythms be thrown off to whatever extent they are by the shift (current teams complain about even the 3 hour shift for an opposite coast US trip. making the trip and winning is certainly doable but it is a real factor which is taken into account and teams prepare for it with activities from adjusting their schedule of activities, to treatments with exposure to boxes with lights, to the Cheeseburger meals the Bills adopted to simply change their mindset), but also, its hard to imagine spouses and family members not taking advantage of this game as an opportunity for them to vacation in Europe and players having to manage the requests for tickets and involvement with the teams travel plans like this was like a player managing his participation in a Bowl game.

They could care less about a team from the NY state, unless we rename ourselves as the "Niagara Falls Bills".

well i personally know about 20 Bills fans here in France and 1 Giants fan so i dare to disagree with you. Don't forget the best Bills years took place when people in Europe have started to follow the NFL. For a lot of european football fans the Bills (and the Cowboys and 49ers) are their "first football love" ...

Actually, I'm praying that they will. It would make a great "away" game.

Hell yeah. If we can play an away game at a neutral site, I'm all for it. Erasing having to go to a division rival and play somewhere neutral is great. And, we don't lose a home game. This works out great for us.